• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clemson Tiger - What should we do?

How should we handle Clemson Tiger

• He has been mistreated, it is time for a group hug and everyone to make up

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • His behavior has merited a time out, his account should be disabled for a month

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • He participates well in some subforums, he should be limited to those

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • It is time for our first banning

Votes: 44 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Administrative please do NOT ban him.
I could write a few paragraphs on the morality of allowing a parasitical creature to exist OR the fact that forum members have banned him on their own, so doing forum wide ban is a mute point.

I would suggest something else completely.... a warning flag

For example, the same say there is a ribbon saying " Staff Mermber", there can be a ribbon called "Warning: Potential TROLL" or something to indicate to new forum members that this particular member is a 1st amendment free loader. That way you have the met your responsibility to the forum members of warning them of the counter productive opinion without giving in to ban people. There are people in the world who see that the only thing they are worthy for in life is to become "martyrs". Why kill them when you can remove the detonator ?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Administrative please do NOT ban him.
I could write a few paragraphs on the morality of allowing a parasitical creature to exist OR the fact that forum members have banned him on their own, so doing forum wide ban is a mute point.

I would suggest something else completely.... a warning flag

For example, the same say there is a ribbon saying " Staff Mermber", there can be a ribbon called "Warning: Potential TROLL" or something to indicate to new forum members that this particular member is a 1st amendment free loader. That way you have the met your responsibility to the forum members of warning them of the counter productive opinion without giving in to ban people. There are people in the world who see that the only thing they are worthy for in life is to become "martyrs". Why kill them when you can remove the detonator ?
Ah yeah, like the scarlet letter "A". In this case the A would not stand for adulterer. :)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger have you considered starting a PM with the @Administrative folks and tell them what you want ?
I have had the opportunity to meet Mel, Julian and Bruce and I cannot imagine them waking up in the morning thinking how to be unfair to clemson Tiger?
In all honesty, I do not know what you are upset about ? I understand you are not happy with Yamaha and very clearly this forum is not taking Yamaha's site. So honest to God, I do not know what your are trying to achieve. What is the purpose of most of your posts?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ah yeah, like the scarlet letter "A". In this case the A would not stand for adulterer. :)
Yeap that is the idea. And it should be a warning label, not a de facto statement.

PS. I would not recommend "A" because people might think that it stands for "as**ole". LOL

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger have you considered starting a PM with the @Administrative folks and tell them what you want ?
I have had the opportunity to meet Mel, Julian and Bruce and I cannot imagine them waking up in the morning thinking how to be unfair to clemson Tiger?
In all honesty, I do not know what you are upset about ? I understand you are not happy with Yamaha and very clearly this forum is not taking Yamaha's site. So honest to God, I do not know what your are trying to achieve. What is the purpose of most of your posts?
There are people in the world who find pleasure in causing discord. You have to simply decide if they are worth being around.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sorry that @Bruce and @Administrative have been put into this situation. These guys are giving their personal time and money to create the best forum on the web hands-down. I haven't been the target of any of @ClemsonTiger 's destructive behavior; my interactions with him have been 100% positive and useful.
One thing that I have observed is that there are many open wounds, and it takes very little to create a flared-up situation. Many users don't like @ClemsonTiger, and they refuse to put up with his behavior. BUT rather than just ignoring it, they take the bait, which might be what he wants (I can't say, only he knows).
There's an underlying issue that should be recognized. This is a jet boat forum with many purposes (camaraderie, help with problems, great mods, info on bodies of water, Bimini!!..., and guidance on which jet boat to buy) . I get the sense that in terms of guidance regarding jet boats, @ClemsonTiger, is at one end of the spectrum, and many members find that destructive behavior especially if it has the possibility of diminishing market value in the used market.
I get some of the points that @Dingle made in the previous post. I think that we could have had a similar "banning" discussion about another member long ago, but that other member, although he's prickly, has a wealth of knowledge, and he shares it.
Back to the start of my post... I hate that @Bruce and @Administrative have to waste time and energy on this type of thing.
Something for @ClemsonTiger to keep in mind is that @Bruce and @Administrative don't owe you anything. If you don't like how you're being treated, then you have two choices:
1. Recognize that a change in your behavior will result in a change in how you are treated.
2. If you can't do #1, then you will never be happy on this forum, and things will not change... so why bother?

I don't like the idea of banning anybody. It gives him more to talk about.

My advice, is that if you don't like what @ClemsonTiger says, just ignore him.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeap that is the idea. And it should be a warning label, not a de facto statement.

PS. I would not recommend "A" because people might think that it stands for "as**ole". LOL
That's what I was alluding to. I have a 3rd option to @MrMoose's post. Why not invite him along on the next Bimini trip. After all the trip does go through the Bermuda triangle and, what happens on Bimini stays on Bimini. :)

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I'm sorry that @Bruce and @Administrative have been put into this situation. These guys are giving their personal time and money to create the best forum on the web hands-down. I haven't been the target of any of @ClemsonTiger 's destructive behavior; my interactions with him have been 100% positive and useful.
One thing that I have observed is that there are many open wounds, and it takes very little to create a flared-up situation. Many users don't like @ClemsonTiger, and they refuse to put up with his behavior. BUT rather than just ignoring it, they take the bait, which might be what he wants (I can't say, only he knows).
There's an underlying issue that should be recognized. This is a jet boat forum with many purposes (camaraderie, help with problems, great mods, info on bodies of water, Bimini!!..., and guidance on which jet boat to buy) . I get the sense that in terms of guidance regarding jet boats, @ClemsonTiger, is at one end of the spectrum, and many members find that destructive behavior especially if it has the possibility of diminishing market value in the used market.
I get some of the points that @Dingle made in the previous post. I think that we could have had a similar "banning" discussion about another member long ago, but that other member, although he's prickly, has a wealth of knowledge, and he shares it.
Back to the start of my post... I hate that @Bruce and @Administrative have to waste time and energy on this type of thing.
Something for @ClemsonTiger to keep in mind is that @Bruce and @Administrative don't owe you anything. If you don't like how you're being treated, then you have two choices:
1. Recognize that a change in your behavior will result in a change in how you are treated.
2. If you can't do #1, then you will never be happy on this forum, and things will not change... so why bother?

I don't like the idea of banning anybody. It gives him more to talk about.

My advice, is that if you don't like what @ClemsonTiger says, just ignore him.
I agree with everything except the last line.

The current members here understand the situation and ignore it if needed. The problem is that he derails helpful conversations and makes the forum appear an ugly place for newcomers. A forum will slowly die a bickering death without new productive members.

I was a part of a CB Radio forum that went from productive and helpful to a perverse place for Trolls to hang out. At that forum, new posters are met with gay jokes and perverted pictures. There is a ton of good info, but nothing worthwhile in years.

The forum needs to attract productive members and discourage negative Trolls.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Didn’t even know there was an issue. That is the beauty of the block feature. I blocked that dude long ago. I wouldn’t waste my time with him. Just remind everyone of the block feature. And now I will be blocking the new alias. It’s just that easy.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Everyone has this backwards.

I have no issue with ANYONE on this board.

The ADMINs..follow all my posts...call me out at every opportunity yet blindly listening ok the other way when it comes to everyone else.

Regardless of anyone on this boards opinion of me...I harbor no ill will towards no one.

Never have

Need to start asking WTF is your problem with me.

Done.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The ADMINs..follow all my posts.
We follow complaints from members. Your Admin staff has life to live and focusing our time on you is surely nowhere in the top 99.9% of the daily.

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dude, the voting tells it all. It's currently 24 to 2 to either temporarily or permanently ban you.

I'm actually blown away by this thread. I've been on probably a hundred different forums since they were called "Newsgroups" or "Chat Rooms" (lol). I've actually been banned from two different forums. I can tell you this, if those two forums I was banned on had a forum member vote, I would have NEVER been banned from either forum. This is democracy at it's best right here. And when most forums tend to be dictatorships as far as the admins or moderators go, this is pretty cool.

I think you're getting the most fair, honest and OPEN chance to redeem or defend yourself that I've ever seen anyone get on any forum. This to me is amazing. I was banned without any public discussion, and I actually wasn't even told the reason I was banned. I just tried to log in one day and got a message saying "You've been banned". haha. I had to call the owner of the forum personally and only then was I told the truth of what happened. He never admitted it online. And when other members asked why I was banned on the forum, THEY were banned! Seriously.

Clemson, you're on an amazing forum. You're about to be banned from it. Here's my advice, take this as a message that has nothing to do with internet forums. Find out why you're so unhappy. Get some meds if you need them. Up your meds if you're already on some. Take a break from this forum and see what life outside of the internet is like. Don't throw this away just because you're having a hard time not being bitter and combative. You can turn this around IF YOU WANT TO.

I wasn't going to vote because I actually have had very little contact with Clemson on here. But I think I know his "Type". I'm going to vote for a temporary ban just to give him time to think about coming back later and redeeming himself. This is a BIG "Hey dude, you're crossing the line" moment for you Clemson. You can either shove your way over it further, or step back and regroup. Time away from here will help you decide which way you want to go.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’ve been here awhile but don’t spend as much time as many on the forum. But, can we get another option on the poll that says, “Who???”

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dude, the voting tells it all. It's currently 24 to 2 to either temporarily or permanently ban you.

I'm actually blown away by this thread. I've been on probably a hundred different forums since they were called "Newsgroups" or "Chat Rooms" (lol). I've actually been banned from two different forums. I can tell you this, if those two forums I was banned on had a forum member vote, I would have NEVER been banned from either forum. This is democracy at it's best right here. And when most forums tend to be dictatorships as far as the admins or moderators go, this is pretty cool.

I think you're getting the most fair, honest and OPEN chance to redeem or defend yourself that I've ever seen anyone get on any forum. This to me is amazing. I was banned without any public discussion, and I actually wasn't even told the reason I was banned. I just tried to log in one day and got a message saying "You've been banned". haha. I had to call the owner of the forum personally and only then was I told the truth of what happened. He never admitted it online. And when other members asked why I was banned on the forum, THEY were banned! Seriously.

Clemson, you're on an amazing forum. You're about to be banned from it. Here's my advice, take this as a message that has nothing to do with internet forums. Find out why you're so unhappy. Get some meds if you need them. Up your meds if you're already on some. Take a break from this forum and see what life outside of the internet is like. Don't throw this away just because you're having a hard time not being bitter and combative. You can turn this around IF YOU WANT TO.

I wasn't going to vote because I actually have had very little contact with Clemson on here. But I think I know his "Type". I'm going to vote for a temporary ban just to give him time to think about coming back later and redeeming himself. This is a BIG "Hey dude, you're crossing the line" moment for you Clemson. You can either shove your way over it further, or step back and regroup. Time away from here will help you decide which way you want to go.
Wow - great post!! Thank you. This is exactly how I feel, except I voted #1.
(I have also never been banned from any forum, lol)
(Although I was kicked out of my high school, albeit briefly, but that's different, lol)

I will say, I find many of Clem's posts to be super informative, if not always pleasant.
He also shoots from the hip so 50/50 - many posts are just crap. Takes literally no time to parse those out.

I do not like the "reappearance" business under a different name.
IF the forum had a troll issue, I would vote to start cleaning it up. Until than, I like Clemson, a lot.

--

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just for some of the new folks. The founding fathers of this forum along with many other early members were banned from a previous jetboat forum. This was a unilateral action taken by the forum owner as these people correctly questioned his banning of one of the most popular and helpful members on that forum. He would also put the bite on members for donations.

Bruce started this forum out of his own pocket, never asking for a dime or a thank you. Assisted by other banned members they have built this forum into one of the best and friendliest forums on the net.

With lessons learned from the previous forum about the good, the bad and the ugly the founding fathers eliminated the bad and the ugly. Therefore there are few rules which are generally based around respect and eliminating hot button topics like politics. While I don't like to see anybody get banned I greatly appreciate the Administration's effort to keep this a friendly and informative forum.

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just noticed something as I was leaving this thread and HAD to mention it...

Look at his post/like ratio. I started my reply to him stating that "The voting tells it all". I was referring to the voting in this thread. But this, like most forums, also has a "voting" system in place that gives a "general" idea of what kind of person a member might be. The members here have been "voting" on him since he joined. That vote is very telling and shouldn't be ignored.

What I noticed was Clemson's + votes vs. his overall post count. It's a little below a 2:1 ratio, with him getting almost 2 likes for every one post (on average obviously). That tells me A LOT. That tells me people react to what he says, and mostly in a positive way. This also tells me that he's a PASSIONATE PERSON. I like people that are passionate. It's the guys that have nothing controversial to say, that rarely ruffle any feathers, that only say what people want to hear and that are pretty much boring that I don't care for. If a forum is full of members like that, I don't bother wasting my time reading or posting on them. But those are the members that would never get banned or get reported on. That's because they never make waves. (lol. Like that boating analogy?) Who wants a boat that doesn't make waves? Sure, you'll never get yelled at for making waves in a no-wake zone, but it would also be boring as h#ll. haha.

I personally was banned because I was passionate about helping and protecting forum members. I would have never been banned if I didn't bother trying to save others from an insanely horrible vendor. My life would have been much easier if I simply kept my mouth shut. But I couldn't, and I still wouldn't.

It's ok to be passionate. It's GOOD to be passionate. I think Clemson just needs to be reminded that passionate and hurtful are two very different things. I know it's easy to let passion get away from you and it can hurt people. That's the amazing thing about passion though, it can also REALLY make people feel good, be a little smarter and make themselves better people because of it.

I'd personally like a member with a track record of ~600 posts resulting in ~1000 positive responses to what he says to stick around. But not if that person is simply getting so bitter that all he does is attack.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If Alex Jones can be banned from social media, then why not this dude...

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

Look at his post/like ratio. I started my reply to him stating that "The voting tells it all". I was referring to the voting in this thread. But this, like most forums, also has a "voting" system in place that gives a "general" idea of what kind of person a member might be. The members here have been "voting" on him since he joined. That vote is very telling and shouldn't be ignored.

What I noticed was Clemson's + votes vs. his overall post count. It's a little below a 2:1 ratio, with him getting almost 2 likes for every one post (on average obviously). That tells me A LOT. That tells me people react to what he says, and mostly in a positive way. This also tells me that he's a PASSIONATE PERSON. I like people that are passionate. It's the guys that have nothing controversial to say, that rarely ruffle any feathers, that only say what people want to hear and that are pretty much boring that I don't care for. If a forum is full of members like that, I don't bother wasting my time reading or posting on them. But those are the members that would never get banned or get reported on. That's because they never make waves. (lol. Like that boating analogy?) Who wants a boat that doesn't make waves? Sure, you'll never get yelled at for making waves in a no-wake zone, but it would also be boring as h#ll. haha.

I personally was banned because I was passionate about helping and protecting forum members. I would have never been banned if I didn't bother trying to save others from an insanely horrible vendor. My life would have been much easier if I simply kept my mouth shut. But I couldn't, and I still wouldn't.

It's ok to be passionate. It's GOOD to be passionate. I think Clemson just needs to be reminded that passionate and hurtful are two very different things. I know it's easy to let passion get away from you and it can hurt people. That's the amazing thing about passion though, it can also REALLY make people feel good, be a little smarter and make themselves better people because of it.

I'd personally like a member with a track record of ~600 posts resulting in ~1000 positive responses to what he says to stick around. But not if that person is simply getting so bitter that all he does is attack.
Agree 100%! I also noticed the post to response ratio. I have very much enjoyed his trolling of certain people here. Just need to drop the negative posts and offer good advice.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Knowing that @Bruce is a Kenny Chesney fan, as I am, I'd like to nominate the following song as the theme song for this thread:

I hope that @ClemsonTiger is a Kenny fan too.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Are you aware that CT deleted hundreds of his posts a while ago after he acted up and was confronted about proper forum etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.