• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra 165g won't start.

Cobra

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Dash lights work when I turn the key. My boat mechanic says there is only low voltage going to the starter, not enough to turn the motor over. Relays, fuses, cut off switch all seem to be OK. My mechanic does not have computer diagnostic device, I have a 6 week wait to bring it into a Scarab dealer. Anyone out there ever encounter this problem? Any solutions or feed back would be appreciated

Have you load tested the battery? If it tests out good I would check the battery connections, make sure that they are very, very clean.

Agree to load test first.

How do you know your relays are good? How did you test them? Both of them? The symptoms you describe are often associated with this issue. I'd swap them out regardless. If that's not it, you now have spares which is a must in my opinion.

Start with those two things and report back.

Back