• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Couple "what are they" pictures from my AR195

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Couple dumb questions on new boat. First what is the unit by the battery, guessing is some "gas vapor" filter. Can it be removed or moved?

2nd , what is this in engine compartment (red arrow). Looks like an earplug with plastic bag, guessing it's a winterized item from dealer, but what normally goes in that hole?

3rd, does anyone know where to look for the line that needs to be pinched/closed when in tow? I'm going to add valve or at least mark it so wife knows to close it if I'm not on boat and they ever need towed.

Thanks everyone.

boat question 1.JPG boat question 2.JPG boat question 3.JPG

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The black canister near the batter is a charcoal filter for gas fumes I believe. Someone else may chime in on that if I'm wrong. I would assume it is mandatory to keep, and could probably be relocated, as long as it didn't affect its function. The bag with the ear plug is trash. There is no plug for the hole just behind your arrow. The main cooling line comes into the engine bay on the left side. Look for the splitter manifold that runs to your flush valve hose. Hope this helps.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The black canister near the batter is a charcoal filter for gas fumes I believe. Someone else may chime in on that if I'm wrong. I would assume it is mandatory to keep, and could probably be relocated, as long as it didn't affect its function. The bag with the ear plug is trash. There is no plug for the hole just behind your arrow. The main cooling line comes into the engine bay on the left side. Look for the splitter manifold that runs to your flush valve hose. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I kinda figured on the 1st two items but wanted some backup verification. Appreciate the feedback, guess I'm taking the ear plug/plastic bag out of there tonight (real curious why it was there in the 1st place though). I hope to put the tow valve in this winter, one less thing to worry about next season.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, on the charcoal fuel canister...I know those were 1st things we removed on motorcycles, pretty much to clean up space. Probably not too environmentally safe, but neither is a 250 hp engine that drinks gas I guess in the big picture...LOL.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya, I had a 192 and had considered removing it, but figured it was there for a reason, and the space saving would be minimal. As far as the ear plug, I'd say it fell in the machine somewhere along the manufacturing process, and found its way to your engine bay. These yamahas have been notorious for stuff showing up at the drain plugs and in the bilge for the first few outings.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The first picture is your motor... its just sideways!! Yeah.. i know... i was confused too the first time i saw mine. The trick is to hold your head straight up and down.. don't let it flop to the side like mine does. It makes everything clearer!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The line for the water is on the left side of your motor if you're standing in the boat with engine hatch up. Look down below and you'll see it where it forks off going to the engine and intercooler.

I have no idea what that bag or piece is for. I don't have a hole there in my 192.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The line for the water is on the left side of your motor if you're standing in the boat with engine hatch up. Look down below and you'll see it where it forks off going to the engine and intercooler.

I have no idea what that bag or piece is for. I don't have a hole there in my 192.
Thanks! Well, I finally was able to reach down in the engine compartment and grab the "garbage" at the bottom. There isn't a hole there...LOL. It was just a rubber plug in a plastic bag setting there. Have now idea if it was from dealer or Yamaha, but no HOLE thank goodness.