• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CoVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Informational

We have one child that has Tested Covid Positive in the house since Saturday. She has both shots. She is feeling fine, no symptoms, no issues. She is under heavy quarantine in her room till the 20th. Everyone has both shots in house and the Admiral and I have our boosters. Other kid (has negative tests, both Rapid and PCR), Admiral and I are all fine and will be PCR testing toward the end of the week. I personally have had no close contact with anyone in the house in 6 days. Kid got it from her Father when they rode in a closed car with him a week ago Monday he mentioned he believed it was his allergies or a cold with his stuffiness. Father tested positive vor Covid-19 with a PCR test last Tuesday evening. He is not vaccinated, he is in the hospital now having a real rough time. (This is for informational purposes)

Additionally, when both children were tested on Saturday, they both got Rapid Tests and PCR Tests at the same time. They were retested on Sunday as well because Kid 2 who had congestion and her temperature was up 1 degree tested negative, while Kid1's PCR test was positive and Rapid Test was Negative with no symptoms.

Saturday - Testing
Kid1: Age 14 - Rapid Test = Negative, PCR Test = Positive (No symptoms, feels fine) - Has Pfizer 1st and 2nd Shot.
Kid2: Age 16 - Rapid Test = Negative, PCR Test = Negative (99.9 degree fever and stuffy nose) - Has Pfizer 1st and 2nd Shot.

Sunday - Testing
Kid1: PCR Test = Positive (No symptoms)
Kid2: PCR Test = Negative (No symptoms)

Monday
Kid1: No Symptoms
Kid2: No Symptoms

Kids are Quarantined in their room, only Admiral is Primary Caregiver to the children. We are treating Kid2 like she has been infected as well to be on the safe side. Additionally, I haven't been bothered by a kid in almost a week..... Mildly unsettling...

Also, it appears the people around here, Suburbs, are wearing their masks more and more.

Update

Tuesday
Kid 1: Congested, in quarantine in her room.
Kid 2: Feels fine in quarantine in her room.
Me: Fine, isolating
Admiral : Fine, Caregiver to Kid 1 and Kid2

Wednesday
Kid 1: Stuffy nose in quarantine still
Kid 2: PCR tested today still negative, maintaining isolation
Me: 3: PCR Tested today negative, maintaining isolation from Kids and Admiral
Admiral: PCR Tested today negative

Kid 1: 10 days will be Sunday from first symptom and 1st Positive PCR Test.
Kid 2: 13 days will be Sunday from close contact exposure.

Last edited:

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Without violating hippa what more can you tell us about those patients like obesity or other issues

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Stay well. Hope it passes over soon.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
In my area the National Guard has been called up to staff nursing homes. A FEMA crisis unit is at largest area hospital due to staffing/high census.

That hospital network has decided not to enforce the state flue vaccine mandate for health care workers. Still enforcing the state COVID vaccine mandate.

The acute care hospitals have not been able to discharge patients due to no beds available at step down facilities

Last edited:

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In Ohio our cases are up, but many people barely notice. I live in an exurb of Columbus in the most vaccinated county in the state. Very few masks are worn unless we go into Columbus where there is a mask mandate. In churches, parties, and stores and restaurants outside of Columbus very few people wear masks. Many schools in the state wear masks, but the kids don't wear them much after school and in extracurricular activities. My local school does not have a mask mandate and has not had any extraordinary issues. It's a bit surreal, I still see all the news reports, but my life is pretty close to what it was pre-pandemic. But things will change as I have one more party before the wife and I go into our own private lockdown before we fly to San Jose, Ca to visit our Son and Daughter in-law (who has just started course 4 in her Leukemia treatments). Here are the graphs for Ohio, you can see the state is peaking but not as bad as last January.
1639532774538.png

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mwalker4, I hope your daughter-in-law makes a quick and complete recovery!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
20211215_204406.jpg

Great. Here we go again. North Atlanta suburbs

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What would you do…
I’m not a pure blood (aka I am vaxed without offending @the MfM ) and no booster.

Company is going through a big transition and weve had tons of in person meetings lately with people from out of town, mostly northeast. I’ve attended everything without complaint.

Now it turns out one of the guys I work with closely has covid. I think he was vaxxed. He was in the office Friday in close contact with my boss and again on Monday until he came down with symptoms and went home. My first day in the office since early last week was today and thats when I heard all this.

I’m expected to be back in tomorrow meeting with more out of town folks and having dinner with them and my boss. Boss is vaxed and thinks this is no biggie because he thinks he would have symptoms by now but I’m not that confident.

I dont really care about me but I have a 1 yo and multiple 70+ yo in the family that I’m going to see a lot of through the holidays.

Am I overthinking? It is Wednesday and the only person that will be at dinner tomorrow was potentially exposed Friday. If they had it they should show symptoms by tomorrow right?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZMark, Personally I would wear a N95 or KN95 mask when attending such meetings. It seems unwise to conduct meetings with participant(s) that are known close contacts.

There were published studies in 2020 that found either that the subjects had high viral load or were quite contagious up to two days before symptoms occurred. This graph is from an analysis of multiple studies. The CT value is the number of cycles needed to detect the virus in PCR testing. The fewer cycles the more virus that was present in the sample. More virus in the subject should equate to the patient being more contagious. This may have changed with Delta.

1639631616276.png

The graph is from Inferred duration of infectious period of SARS-CoV-2: rapid scoping review and analysis of available evidence for asymptomatic and symptomatic COVID-19 cases | BMJ Open

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AZMark
I would not attend to be honest, especially this close to Christmas and seeing family who is elderly. Dinner with masks going up and down or not wearing would be something I would pass on as well with the info you have given.

One of our kids has it and showed no symptoms beyond a stuffy nose, barely for an evening and with the changing weather everyone around here has sinus congestion. She has had both shots of Pfizer so she is vaxxed and in great health. Break through cases happen. We have had two fully vaxxed people at the office get Covid. One also had no symptoms, the other got mildly sick.

People with no symptoms can be just as contagious and spread the virus.

So I personally wouldn't rely on visible symptoms to determine if someone has it.

These are my personal opinions of what I would do in your situation.

I would be wary of why they would even conduct meetings with close contact people, not smart at all imho.....

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce and @HangOutdoors

I kinda knew the right answer but this is the first time I’ve had to really draw a line on this stuff myself. My wife has been the regulator of family functions.

The in person meetings have been ridiculous. I was in a conference room with 25 or so unmasked people for 6 hours last week and one lady is telling me how cautious shes being about everything and I couldn't resist pointing out the irony.

I have found I am a big pussy who doesn't want to be the only guy wearing a mask at things, which is also pretty ironic.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce and @HangOutdoors

I kinda knew the right answer but this is the first time I’ve had to really draw a line on this stuff myself. My wife has been the regulator of family functions.

The in person meetings have been ridiculous. I was in a conference room with 25 or so unmasked people for 6 hours last week and one lady is telling me how cautious shes being about everything and I couldn't resist pointing out the irony.

I have found I am a big pussy who doesn't want to be the only guy wearing a mask at things, which is also pretty ironic.
I have felt the same about the mask over the last few months, off and on as you do. Had to go up to the Hospital for an IT meeting and saw somewhat people who are having a lot of issues from Covid and listening to some of the medical staff discussing things... I was there to consult on their Ambulatory EMR implementation.

After that visit, I have been pro mask at the office for myself and where it when I am around others outside of immediate family for the most part.. You don't come into my office without a mask on and I don't attend meetings or walk the halls without my mask on. No big deal for me anymore, its habit. Told the president of the company to leave my office or put a mask on. Asked him to respect my wishes as I respect his. He complied. Too many people around the office. As far as in person meetings, I do not attend and video in. I also don't require any of my staff to attend in person either, and they don't. I want my staff to feel comfortable.

I also always practice social distancing even with a mask on.

As far as masking other times, I and my family make judgement calls. (Of course when their father is sick and puts them kids in the same car that didn't help at all and he infected his daughter......). If there are a bunch of people in the gas station slobbering around, I throw my mask on.) If I am at home depot, I don't wear it. I try and use good judgement.

At the end of the day, I am responsible for me and my family and I surely don't want to get others sick if I catch it. I try to keep that in mind.

Lastly the numbers are climbing fast here in Michigan, not good at all.

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@AZMark,

I am somewhat stunned that your company is operating like normal, after someone in the office is known to had Covid! Anyone who was in close contact with this individual, should at a minimum be tested for Covid if they will be in contact with other employees. Just looking for symptoms is not nearly enough.

Jim

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with above

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will be wearing KN95 masks, saying our pleasantries, not eating, and leaving fairly quickly at friend parties and church this week. I don't worry about Covid for myself and don't usually wear a mask much but I want to have a safe holiday with vulnerable people. Unfortunately, many people think wearing a mask is a moral statement or a game with rules. I see people who wear masks outside, but take it off in a crowded restaurant. I see people in places that don't require them, but are wearing them under their nose. If you are truly concerned about getting Covid, you should wear a high quality mask while interacting with others indoors, but don't play the silly moral mask game just to feel superior.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am curious what this echo chamber thinks of NY State Assembly Bill A416. This essentially allows them to create COVID concentration camps at will. Got COVID and we don't like you? You're under arrest! IF the government thinks your family has been exposed to COVID - they can arrest all of you.

Last edited:

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am curious what this echo chamber thinks of NY State Assembly Bill A416. This essentially allows them to create COVID concentration camps at will. Got COVID and we don't like you? You're under arrest! IF the government thinks your family has been exposed to COVID - they can arrest all of you.
Don't know about that bill, but if you think this is an echo chamber I didn't adequately communicate my ideas. I'm generally into personal responsibility. I now have the necessary tools to protect myself and plan to use them based upon a fact based risk assessment. I'm guessing others on this post would want more mandates as they have different perspectives. In general I'm happy with how Ohio Gov Dewine has handled the pandemic and glad I don't live in New York with many of my relatives.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think we can keep it pleasant here without passive aggressive comments. Please?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So all I could find about this is that it's a dormant bill proposed during ebola scare that has little to no support and is not law. Did you find something else @adrianp89 ?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@AZMark,

I am somewhat stunned that your company is operating like normal, after someone in the office is known to had Covid! Anyone who was in close contact with this individual, should at a minimum be tested for Covid if they will be in contact with other employees. Just looking for symptoms is not nearly enough.

Jim
Where I live the boss who has been exposed would be expected to be under a community quarantine for 10 days.

The attitude that “I’ve got the vaccine so no worries” is not good and leads to community spread.

Something like 40% of positive covid tests have been from asymptotic people.

Status
Not open for further replies.