• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CoVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
*somewhat effective and mostly proven safe vaccine

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where I live the boss who has been exposed would be expected to be under a community quarantine for 10 days.

The attitude that “I’ve got the vaccine so no worries” is not good and leads to community spread.

Something like 40% of positive covid tests have been from asymptotic people.
It is the same here. If you are exposed 10 days. Knowing you have been exposed is the challenge, since information may not be shared appropriately.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
With a good percentage of fully vaxd people contracting covid it would seem that this disease will do just what I said months ago. It will keep going until 80% or more of the population has contracted it. The vax now seems like the way for this to happen without people facing significant consequences. I have disconnected from pretty much all news stations as I just get mad no matter which (side) I watch. I look at the ourworld.org site for case numbers but its easy to tell the status of it when the sports teams are all reporting more fully vaxd players in protocol.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe this puts Army in the lead.

Thank you soldiers!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

You can follow the status here. Not sure the scheduling. Could be dead in the water or still waiting for discussion. Not sure why it recently gained popularity.
You are way behind in your qdrops. This bill was popular among conspiracy theorists in January of 2021.

Is there a new meme or disinformation video about this bill?

It has not moved beyond committee and only has a single sponsor. Just another dead bill.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You are way behind in your qdrops. This bill was popular among conspiracy theorists in January of 2021.

Is there a new meme or disinformation video about this bill?

It has not moved beyond committee and only has a single sponsor. Just another dead bill.
My lack of use of social media keeps me behind.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A few big questions to help me understand the current situation.
- Do we have any statistically significant data on the current ratio of cases to hospitalizations to deaths and how those ratios are trending, overall and for those that are vaccinated?
- I've "heard" that Omicron spreads more quickly but is less lethal. Is there good data on this yet?

My current personal assessment says as a boosted, decent health 57 year old, I may contract Covid but my chances of hospitalization are very low. Actually, a good chance that I will access it as a cold. Is this correct?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
With a good percentage of fully vaxd people contracting covid it would seem that this disease will do just what I said months ago. It will keep going until 80% or more of the population has contracted it. The vax now seems like the way for this to happen without people facing significant consequences. I have disconnected from pretty much all news stations as I just get mad no matter which (side) I watch. I look at the ourworld.org site for case numbers but its easy to tell the status of it when the sports teams are all reporting more fully vaxd players in protocol.
look at the NFL…95% vaccinated and they are currently having multiple outbreaks. One team has 18 players out. Another has the coach and both coordinators out.

But the nfl just released a statement saying they will review their covid policy and process to return to work with appropriate experts. which I take to mean they will do what they want and not have strict criteria.

A good sign that the panicdemic will end soon is people doing what they want and not worrying about the [Political Content Removed].

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mwalker4, research in Hong Kong that is currently under peer review found that Omicron infects and multiplies seventy times faster in the bronchus which are tubes that carry air between the lungs and wind pipes compared to Delta. However it infects and multiplies ten times slower than Alpha in lung tissue. That may explain Omicron spreading faster while causing less severe illness.

890DF3B0-F51B-4CAD-8461-FD6434C860C3.jpeg

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Here is a question, I will preface this with the fact I have already shown my reaction to what some might consider blind followings, this is just something to think about. Each time we get a booster we are telling or immune system to react to a foreign substance and for lack of better terms freaking out or system to react. At what point does doing this become (perhaps) harmful or counter productive. Keep spiking our systems with this foreign substance at some point the reaction will change. Never in history has our species had reoccurring tweaking of its immune system at this interval. Just something that jumped into my mind today, how many is too many.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Evil Sports, our immune systems are repetitively challenged by many naturally occurring viruses. Many of us also take influenza vaccines on an annual basis which have similarity from year to year. The most frequent repeated exposures likely occur through our digestive systems.

The larger the exposure and the more times exposed the better trained our immune system becomes however the amount of exposure needs to be limited to reduce adverse effects.

From a practical perspective I can not image you or I getting ahead of study participants on boosters so these vaccines should remain well understood before we receive them.

@swatski is our expert on immunology.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Huh! Good questions. The central and peripheral mechanisms of immunological tolerance tend to keep the immune system discriminating between self and non-self, with vaccines generally designed to mimic (non-self) foreign invaders.

Indeed the adaptive immune system learns those foreign patterns to permit quicker, more efficient future response and it maintains immunological memory that, in general, benefits from (repetitive) stimulation; picture: brain memory, or "muscle memory", as an analogy.

very few medications in the history of medicine have achieved a better safety profile, or been tested with greater accuracy and precision, as compared to the covid vaccines currently used in the US. I would have zero concerns with a booster, or two. And then - it will likely become a seasonal attraction, just like the common flu.

--

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yes I can agree with it becoming an annual thing. I just get concerned about the result of people getting 3 in 12 months.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes I can agree with it becoming an annual thing. I just get concerned about the result of people getting 3 in 12 months.
Like this? Did you not receive the same?

Or the safe and highly effective HPV vaccine when given to those over 15?

8C89C0F1-F3F1-47E7-8021-402A1C6191E3.jpeg

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Im not in possession of any documents like that nor do I recall ever seeing any

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im not in possession of any documents like that nor do I recall ever seeing any
I was thinking that you and my Dad were similar in age. Did you receive childhood vaccines and Polio vaccination in the 60s?

The vaccination cards seem to have been in various formats.

1639856327756.png

1639856344154.png

1639856360453.png

1639856540865.png

1639856576492.png

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Be that as it may, I cant tie todays actions to the archaic science of 50 years ago.
Perhaps you will find this informative. Birth-18 Years Immunization Schedule | CDC

3+ doses in 12 or 13 months for Hep B, Haemophilus influenzae type b, Pneumococcal conjugate, Diphtheria, tetanus, & acellular pertussi, Inactivated poliovirus and Human papillomavirus (for over 15) as standard dosing protocols.

Status
Not open for further replies.