• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CoVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
What the f@ck do I do here is a really good question though, lol.

I have not had exchanges at such low level anywhere else. since at least my kindergarten years, but those were kids not RETARDED adults.

F@ck this site, this discussion should had been disabled months ago, it leads nowhere, trolls just troll.

--
Imagine how the "low level" people he works around on a daily basis feel about working with such an insightful man.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Imagine how the "low level" people he works around on a daily basis feel about working with such an insightful man.
Having met the man and spent a week with him and his family in Bimini, I suspect his "filters" were disabled by something as he's one of the nicest people I've met.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess I should have multi-quoted. My second paragraph was giving you my opinion as a physician in direct patient care through out the pandemic. As you asked.

My first sentence was me being a bit annoyed at that phrase of doing your own research. Which was not in your post but in another one. So I wasn't assuming anything about you. Or about the person who posted that phrase. I was just making an observation. It's true though. I usually ask patients why they were not following the recommended guidelines and it is usually a variation of doing their own research.
Fair enough. Thanks.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well in my experience here past performance is truly indicative of future results.
The real question is how is it acceptable behavior for this site as you don't tolerate it from others. I mean I have letters after my name, does that mean I can act like an ass and it's acceptable.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well in my experience here past performance is truly indicative of future results.
The real question is how is it acceptable behavior for this site as you don't tolerate it from others. I mean I have letters after my name, does that mean I can act like an ass and it's acceptable.
We don't tolerate it. As I posted before, we are now also using thread bans for Code of Conduct violations.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I spoke with a ED nurse whose husband is in the national guard and called up for Covid relief. He was given 8 hours of CNA training and assigned to work in a nursing home.

Because they can’t find child care that fits with his new duties and her work schedule she is having to take at least the next few weeks off from working.
:facepalm:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update on our current situation.....

Myself, The Admiral and the oldest kid all tested Negative again on a PCR Test. The youngest will be off of quarantine tomorrow and has been a trooper being locked in her room for just under 2 weeks.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well, the wife and I got boosted to day, I refer to this as the "2021 booster." :D

Really easy peasy compared to the initial two shots last March/April. We did walk-ins at our local CVS pharmacies. The wife went first and got the Pfizer booster. We then drove to other local CVS where I got the Moderna booster. We had to visit the two pharmacies because, at least in my area, they are offering the different brand of vaccine at different locations.

Jim

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Omicron is now 73% of cases in the US. It's still not clear to me if it's more severe, less, or the same vs Delta.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As a reminder, this thread will stay on topic.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This and the UK death(s) are a concern about the severity of Omicron.

‘Harris County Public Health (HCPH) is reporting the first COVID-19 Omicron-variant- associated death in the County.

The death reported this afternoon was of a man between the ages of 50-60 years old who was unvaccinated and had been infected with COVID-19 previously. The individual was at higher risk of severe complications from COVID-19 due to his unvaccinated status and had underlying health conditions.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the patient’s family, and we extend our deepest sympathies,” said Barbie Robinson, HCPH Executive Director. “This is a reminder of the severity of COVID-19 and its variants. We urge all residents who qualify to get vaccinated and get their booster shot if they have not already.”’

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Fantastic. Apparently Regeneron and Elli Lilly monoclonal antibodies have decreased efficacy against omicron.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Fantastic. Apparently Regeneron and Elli Lilly monoclonal antibodies have decreased efficacy against omicron.
They are effective against delta which is why they were available. Now that omicron is becoming the dominant strain .gov will likely start shipping strovimab (Xevudy) instead.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now that omicron is becoming the dominant strain .gov will likely start shipping strovimab (Xevudy) instead.
How much strovimab is available? I have not tracked the names of the antibodies but my understanding is that the antibodies that are most responsive to Omicron are in the shortest supply. I hope that is wrong.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From the CDC “In 2020, a total of 3,383,729 resident deaths were registered in the United States—528,891 more deaths than in 2019. The number of deaths for which COVID-19 was the underlying cause of death was 350,831 (10.4% of the total number of deaths in 2020). From 2019 to 2020, the age-adjusted death rate for the total population increased 16.8%. This single-year increase is the largest since the first year that annual mortality data for the entire United States became available”

Other causes of death typically increased while CoVID-19 added 350,831 additional deaths.

Unfortunately 2021 looks to be worse.

Full report at Products - Data Briefs - Number 427 - December 2021

0CC28902-6C60-4709-B79F-151390B9CF87.png

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
How much strovimab is available? I have not tracked the names of the antibodies but my understanding is that the antibodies that are most responsive to Omicron are in the shortest supply. I hope that is wrong.
I don’t know but I believe they have been stock piling strovimab since September…when delta was becoming dominant. I believe the other two monoclonal treatments weren’t as effective against the beta or gamma variants either.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
End Points reports that 55,000 doses of Strovimab were available to ship to the states with 300,000 more coming in January. That is a tiny supply compared to the 150,000+ US cases per day.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Generalized Myasthenia Gravis (gMG ). gMG Is an Autoimmune Disorder of the Musculoskeletal System Caused By IgG Autoantibodies.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The NFL is leading the way once again. Their science team has determined that asymptomatic spread is no longer a concern!!!

A Christmas miracle?

Status
Not open for further replies.