• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CoVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The nfl figured out how to solve their covid outbreak crisis…they will no longer do covid screening tests.

Can’t have covid if you never get tested!

Along with CNN retiring their covid death tracker graphic it’s looking like things will be back to normal by Easter. Maybe Valentine’s Day at this rate.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The nfl figured out how to solve their covid outbreak crisis…they will no longer do covid screening tests.

Along with CNN retiring their covid death tracker graphic it’s looking like things will be back to normal by Easter. Maybe Valentine’s Day at this rate.
Define normal? Because my ICU is filling up fast again. Suuuuucks

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Things are going down hill around here pretty fast. Outbreaks in the schools right before the holiday.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Huh?

Are you actually saying the NFL is relaxing their new covid testing rules?

how/where do you gather this info? vs their official statements saying pretty much the opposite.
Here is the official NFL Dec 16th release - attached below - the PDF.

And an ESPN commentary:

BTW - full disclosure, I work for BRL.

--

Attachments

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Huh?

Are you actually saying the NFL is relaxing their new covid testing rules?

how/where do you gather this info? vs their official statements saying pretty much the opposite.
Here is the official NFL Dec 16th release - attached below - the PDF.

And an ESPN commentary:

BTW - full disclosure, I work for BRL.

--
Gotta update them search skills.
Can't have covid if you don't test for it. My prediction covid cases will be cut by 75 percent. It's a miracle.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another COVID thread? Don’t see the need on a boating site.

However, if this topic must be discussed…

What do our healthcare & related industry pros think about Vitamin D levels and COVID vulnerability / correlation and / or causal relation to severe disease? This subject was brought up in various medical arenas within weeks of COVID first gaining steam in late winter 2020, but I don’t recall it getting much attention or any real support or debunking from studies & data since.

Anyone have any thoughts and/or facts on this subject?

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perhaps you will find this informative. Birth-18 Years Immunization Schedule | CDC

3+ doses in 12 or 13 months for Hep B, Haemophilus influenzae type b, Pneumococcal conjugate, Diphtheria, tetanus, & acellular pertussi, Inactivated poliovirus and Human papillomavirus (for over 15) as standard dosing protocols.
How many of the vaccines listed above are MRNA vaccines? One, two or none?
Another COVID thread? Don’t see the need on a boating site.

However, if this topic must be discussed…

What do our healthcare & related industry pros think about Vitamin D levels and COVID vulnerability / correlation and / or causal relation to severe disease? This subject was brought up in various medical arenas within weeks of COVID first gaining steam in late winter 2020, but I don’t recall it getting much attention or any real support or debunking from studies & data since.

Anyone have any thoughts and/or facts on this subject?
Simple answer .... no billions to be made in selling Vitamin D. I keep my Vitamin D level between 70 and 90 ng/ml. Simple to check your levels with a 25-hydroxy vitamin D test. Cost me 38 bucks and check my levels every 3 months. My wife's level was 18 and after 3 months of Vitamin D supplementation it is 51.You have to do your own research and the answers are out there. A boating site run by people with there own agenda is probably not the place to find unbiased answers to you questions.

Conclusions: In conclusion, low serum 25 (OH) Vitamin-D level was significantly associated with a higher risk of COVID-19 infection. The limited currently available data suggest that sufficient Vitamin D level in serum is associated with a significantly decreased risk of COVID-19 infection.

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Vitamin D levels and COVID vulnerability / correlation and / or causal relation to severe disease? This subject was brought up in various medical arenas within weeks of COVID first gaining steam in late winter 2020, but I don’t recall it getting much attention or any real support or debunking from studies & data since.
There has been a lot of study of Vitamin D3 and CoVID-19. I see 49 listed at

Search of: vitamin d3 | COVID-19 - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov .

Those studies have not resulted in any finding of major benefit in those that previously had normal levels of Vitamin D3.

High dose vitamin supplements of D3, C and other vitamins are typically given to those hospitalized for CoVID-19. Not so much because of evidence of benefit but lack of evidence of harm and for the provision of hope.

Too little and too much Vitamin D3 was associated with illness before CoVID-19 existed. It is unclear if illness occurs due to too little D3 or if low D3 occurs due to illness. Both likely occur.

My family was taking reasonable amounts of Vitamin D3 supplements before this pandemic and continues to do so. A reasonable amount of Vitamin D3 may give you a small advantage over the SARS-CoV-2 virus but certainly is not curative and is significantly lacking compared to that provided by vaccination and / or masking.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Most of my intubated COVIDs did their own research.

Fyi. We do give vit D among other vits as part of our COVID protocol. It's meh. Honestly very little we do in the hospital I feel changes the course of the disease. What happens out there in the community matters more. Data for Vit D as preventive method is not great. But as long as you keep reasonable levels. Go for it. Too much vitamins is a thing as well.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What the f@ck do I do here is a really good question though, lol.

I have not had exchanges at such low level anywhere else. since at least my kindergarten years, but those were kids not RETARDED adults.

F@ck this site, this discussion should had been disabled months ago, it leads nowhere, trolls just troll.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I have not had exchanges at such low level anywhere else. since at least my kindergarten years, but those were kids not RETARDED adults.

F@ck this site, this discussion should had been disabled months ago, it leads nowhere, trolls just troll.

--
Interesting perspective. I've learned a ton from these discussions - from both sides. Yes there have been trolls, but show me somewhere on the internet where there aren't trolls.....

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
Interesting that you call fellow members retards. Do you not realize that is a complete insult to our members that have mentally challenged kids. Even more interesting is that our moderators don't have a problem with it and even comment on it.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most of my intubated COVIDs did their own research.

Fyi. We do give vit D among other vits as part of our COVID protocol. It's meh. Honestly very little we do in the hospital I feel changes the course of the disease. What happens out there in the community matters more. Data for Vit D as preventive method is not great. But as long as you keep reasonable levels. Go for it. Too much vitamins is a thing as well.
Thank you for your response.

"Most of my intubated COVIDs did their own research."

Curious, why did you state this in response to my questions? I asked specifically about a specific topic and I specified I was interest in facts and/or thoughts from the healthcare and related pros on this board. You presume too much.

@Bruce ppointed me toward some studies - thanks, I appreciate that.

In light of today's news about the NFL's new, more "targeted" protocol - New COVID-19 protocols to feature targeted testing of fully vaccinated players, staff - is there any research or other data that shows asymptomatic transmission actually occurs? I am not trolling, I don't have any pre-supposed answer. I want to know the facts.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting that you call fellow members retards. Do you not realize that is a complete insult to our members that have mentally challenged kids. Even more interesting is that our moderators don't have a problem with it and even comment on it.
Interesting that you assume he was talking about a particular side of this discussion. I thought he was talking about himself as he's clearly on an attack mode....

Such a pity that adults on the forum can't respect one another and feel obligated to troll each other. New tool employed....."Reply Bans". Trolling and attacking other members won't be tolerated.

Stop it please.

Last edited:

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well on to some perhaps more positive news,
Dr. Monica Gandhi, infectious disease doctor and professor of medicine at the University of California-San Francisco, said that omicron is “more transmissible and will cause a wave of new infections.” However, “there is now evidence that Omicron is less severe than previous strains,” she said. It’s unclear “if this is because of increasing cellular immunity in the population in December 2021 versus an inherent property of the strain that makes it less virulent".

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well on to some perhaps more positive news,
Dr. Monica Gandhi, infectious disease doctor and professor of medicine at the University of California-San Francisco, said that omicron is “more transmissible and will cause a wave of new infections.” However, “there is now evidence that Omicron is less severe than previous strains,” she said. It’s unclear “if this is because of increasing cellular immunity in the population in December 2021 versus an inherent property of the strain that makes it less virulent".
Yeah....this will be interesting. None of the experts know how less severe quite yet. The concern most are voicing is that hospitals might still be over run by a huge wave of medium severity cases. Clearly better than high severity.

I think you are right though....this isn't going away and the combination of vaccines and exposure based immunity is likely the end game. I still wouldn't risk a medium severity case of this crap if I didn't have to. And deadly delta is still #1 in testing.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In light of today's news about the NFL's new, more "targeted" protocol - New COVID-19 protocols to feature targeted testing of fully vaccinated players, staff - is there any research or other data that shows asymptomatic transmission actually occurs? I am not trolling, I don't have any pre-supposed answer. I want to know the facts.
If you look back at https://jetboaters.net/threads/covid-19-sars-cov-2-information-and-questions.36149/post-582594 I posted a graphic from and link to an analysis of studies of the infection period. There was quite a bit of research into this in 2020. Typically they found high levels of contagion in the two days before symptoms emerged. The references for that publication can take you to other relevant publications.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you for your response.

"Most of my intubated COVIDs did their own research."

Curious, why did you state this in response to my questions? I asked specifically about a specific topic and I specified I was interest in facts and/or thoughts from the healthcare and related pros on this board. You presume too much.

@Bruce ppointed me toward some studies - thanks, I appreciate that.

I guess I should have multi-quoted. My second paragraph was giving you my opinion as a physician in direct patient care through out the pandemic. As you asked.

My first sentence was me being a bit annoyed at that phrase of doing your own research. Which was not in your post but in another one. So I wasn't assuming anything about you. Or about the person who posted that phrase. I was just making an observation. It's true though. I usually ask patients why they were not following the recommended guidelines and it is usually a variation of doing their own research.

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Totally agree....but it would be really hard to stay positive when you watch people go on ventilators, be isolated from family, and die alone from a prolonged battle from a disease for which there is a highly effective preventative vaccine! Do this every day on the job and it's gonna take a toll on you.

This is why they celebrate the ones who survive so much! It's as much for the patient as it is for the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.