• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CoVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farny

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah that's similar messaging to early on. I don't appreciate it. Messaging has been one of the biggest failures in this pandemic. Always complicating things, always giving people more reason to come up with conspiracy theories. It's super frustrating.

The answer is not to withhold masks for all so that I as a physician don't run out. The answer is to freaking make sure we all have masks. It's not like the pandemic just started! Kinda sad.

Personally I'm not wearing anything less than a kn95 and neither is any member of my family when we go out.
When facts prove conspiracy is no longer a theory but an actual conspiracy..... Can we then take off our tinfoil hats :)

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So what is the point then, really of doing the Home Tests. Whether Positive or Negative it could be false or true. I just don't get it. If I take a test I am doing it for a reason and would really prefer getting an accurate answer with a high probability. Am I looking at this wrong? Why not just go to the Hospital or proper testing center and get a valid PCR Test?
My entire family has now had covid and the home tests were much more helpful in figuring out what to do as far as isolation than the pcr tests that took up to 4 days for one of us.
It ultimately didn’t really help us avoid it because this version is so contagious that we all got it anyway, but at least we didn’t expose others outside the family.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here, Beaumont Hospital and Their Urgent cares turn the PCR Tests within 1-2 hours and if you do a virtual visit first, you show up and walk right in to a room, are tested with vitals and you leave, car doesn't even get cold. Takes me longer to get through the Drive Thru line at Burger King. They have made it very convenient.

Alright, then the home tests, which we have bunch should be viewed as a good probable indication of a positive. Also anytime we have had to get tested, because of exposure or symptoms, we self quarantine till the PCR tests were done. Better safe than sorry and don't want to spread it if it could of been avoided.

To date, both kids have had Covid and they both have their vaccines and booster. The admiral and I have our shots and booster and have not been positive as of yet or have gotten it.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here, Beaumont Hospital and Their Urgent cares turn the PCR Tests within 1-2 hours and if you do a virtual visit first, you show up and walk right in to a room, are tested with vitals and you leave, car doesn't even get cold. Takes me longer to get through the Drive Thru line at Burger King. They have made it very convenient.

Alright, then the home tests, which we have bunch should be viewed as a good probable indication of a positive. Also anytime we have had to get tested, because of exposure or symptoms, we self quarantine till the PCR tests were done. Better safe than sorry and don't want to spread it if it could of been avoided.

To date, both kids have had Covid and they both have their vaccines and booster. The admiral and I have our shots and booster and have not been positive as of yet or have gotten it.
1 hour PCR is interesting. I wonder how many cycles they run. I have no idea if this is standardized.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is not yet peer reviewed, I am surprised that they ran a challenge study in humans and it is for wild type SARS-CoV-2 but the findings are interesting.

I suspect that the infection being detected faster than typically observed in nature was due to the direct delivery of the virus to the nose.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bluewater272

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@tabbibus That is what I thought. Have also seen the opposite where people test Positive with an at Home Kit and the PCR comes back negative. So now we only go do PCR tests personally.
Its pretty darn unusual for a sample to have enough virus in it to trigger a positive result on a rapid chromatography test and then fail a PCR test. Wonder if there was an appreciable delay (or change in method) in between obtaining the two samples.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@seanmclean I am not sure. One of the staff in the other department just went through, as well, this last week. Positive home test on Sunday with rapid, self administered. Tested Negative on Monday with PCR and then tested Negative on Wednesday with PCR. She came back into the office on Thursday, with just a sniffling nose. Could this be because it was at the end of the infection? Maybe the Home test was junk or tainted.

Also happened with one of the girls on the High School Dance team the week before the competition as well, since they all are required to test every Sunday at the school with a Home test. Actually all sports. She tested positive and then is required to go get a PCR and it came back negative the next day.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Its pretty darn unusual for a sample to have enough virus in it to trigger a positive result on a rapid chromatography test and then fail a PCR test. Wonder if there was an appreciable delay (or change in method) in between obtaining the two samples.
Happened to my wife on same day. Negative PCR in morning and positive home test same evening. She’d had symptoms for a couple days and definitely had it.

I think it must be the way the people at the test site are swabbing.

Matt_D

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1 hour PCR is interesting
A few weeks ago, my son had what I thought was strep throat. He woke up with a sore throat and by evening had a fever. We took him to urgent care, where he tested negative for strep. They then did a test I've not heard of that sounds totally made up: a rapid PCR Flu/Covid test, which came back positive for Covid after a 30 minute wait. He recovered in about 3 or 4 days.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Matt_D I have heard of that test recently being done. A covid / influenza combination test. Don't know much about them though.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
If you have had CoVID please make sure to get a cardiac checkup.

It would be interesting to find out how the vaccinated vs non vaccinated fair with long term covid effects. I don’t know if this factor is even being tracked.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It would be interesting to find out how the vaccinated vs non vaccinated fair with long term covid effects. I don’t know if this factor is even being tracked.
I wish US data was better at tracking such things. The RECOVER Study may arrive at an answer regarding US subjects in the future.

There is early data out of Israel and the UK suggesting a reduction in long CoVID instances among those who have had at least two doses of vaccine.

and

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I wish US data was better at tracking such things. The RECOVER Study may arrive at an answer regarding US subjects in the future.

There is early data out of Israel and the UK suggesting a reduction in long CoVID instances among those who have had at least two doses of vaccine.

and

People with both long covid, and vaccine injuries are just brushed aside. Many are told, that “covid can’t cause this”, or “it’s just stress related”. The neurological issues are widespread, yet generally ignored by medical professionals. There are very few docs giving attention to these 2 groups of people, and the only long covid centers that exist, basically just tell people to take vitamins. (Only their in house brands will work of course). If you mention that your neurological issues started within hours of the vaccine, they refuse to see you, or treat you like an anti-vaxer, which obviously isn’t true or you wouldn’t be symptomatic after receiving the vaccine. Good luck getting a doc to report your symptoms as vax related. My wife belongs to a Facebook group with thousands of people who developed neurological symptoms after the shot. Big tech takes their page down every time it exceeds a few thousand people, and they have to start over.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score