• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CoVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One step closer to DNA library from WestWorld

What a ridiculous article. Genetic sequencing of viral RNA from swabs is required to identify variants. That process does not do anything with the person's DNA.

If some rogue lab was using those swabs to sequence DNA from the person swabbed that would be a crime that should be prosecuted. However I doubt the person swabbed was identified as part of the RNA sequencing as privacy concerns exist and I am not aware of any attempts to report results of these surveillance programs back to the person swabbed.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What a ridiculous article. Genetic sequencing of viral RNA from swabs is required to identify variants. That process does not do anything with the person's DNA.

If some rogue lab was using those swabs to sequence DNA from the person swabbed that would be a crime that should be prosecuted. However I doubt the person swabbed was identified as part of the RNA sequencing as privacy concerns exist and I am not aware of any attempts to report results of these surveillance programs back to the person swabbed.
It's click bait. Of course, deep down in the article it states the obvious, that this is for variant testing. But that doesn't drive clicks, does it? I mean, I clicked, so it worked. lol

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It's ridiculous until you start getting advertisements and mail for genetic defects you are not aware that you are high risk for. "Why am I getting information for Type-II diabetes?".

I mean social media and phones say they don't listen to you but that is proven false on a daily basis. Genetic based marketing is only the next step in growing Silicone Valleys profits. It is naive to believe there isn't a possibility they aren't collecting your DNA for a database.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I came home late last night and caught Siri and Alexa talking amongst themselves about me. I am devastated and emotionally damaged now......they know all my $h*t.

Sorry.....back on topic ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's ridiculous until you start getting advertisements and mail for genetic defects you are not aware that you are high risk for. "Why am I getting information for Type-II diabetes?".

I mean social media and phones say they don't listen to you but that is proven false on a daily basis. Genetic based marketing is only the next step in growing Silicone Valleys profits. It is naive to believe there isn't a possibility they aren't collecting your DNA for a database.
More than 10% of Americans are T2D. Likely a historical increase due to diet, lifestyle and greater testing.

With pharma spending more than $6B per year marketing in the US we see a lot of ads.

Siri, Google Assistant, Alexa and similar systems have to listen for their trigger words to be useful. If you have an iPhone just say "hey Siri" and it will confirm it is listening. Typically those trigger words are checked for locally without transmitting the audio while questions asked are sent to Apple, Google, Amazon, etc.

Things like Chinese manufactured internet connected garage door openers, light switches and outlets concern me. Especially when they ask you to verify your name, address and personal info before using them.

If you want to know what is being transmitted I suggest that you learn to packet sniff your devices to see when they are transmitting.

If you want to keep your life private you need to start by getting rid of your phone, bank account, internet connection, remove the GPS from you cars and boat.

Personally I accept that my life is public.

Regardless sequencing viral RNA does not reveal a person's DNA. That article and posting it are scaremongering.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I came home late last night and caught Siri and Alexa talking amongst themselves about me. I am devastated and emotionally damaged now......they know all my $h*t.

I find ads that say Hey Google to be quite irritating. We have Google Home devices in most rooms so my son can use them to call for help when he needs it. When someone says "Hey Google" on an ad late at night several Google Homes will chirp and start listening. Someday I expect there well be an ad that says "Hey Google Play ...." so that all the Google Homes start playing a longer ad.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

On the plus side, they have the evidence to convict my wife when she murders me one day lol.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length

Surprise!
Interesting that the study claims no evidence of the effectiveness of ivermectin, yet states within the study, that 4 people required mechanical ventilation in the ivermectin group, and 10 required it in the control group. That’s 60% better than those deprived of the treatment. ICU admissions were 6 ivermectin vs 8 control. And the biggest of all = 3 ivermectin deaths vs 10 control group deaths. So the ivermectin group was 70% more likely to survive. I guess they were hoping we would only read the headline.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting that the study claims no evidence of the effectiveness of ivermectin, yet states within the study, that 4 people required mechanical ventilation in the ivermectin group, and 10 required it in the control group. That’s 60% better than those deprived of the treatment. ICU admissions were 6 ivermectin vs 8 control. And the biggest of all = 3 ivermectin deaths vs 10 control group deaths. So the ivermectin group was 70% more likely to survive. I guess they were hoping we would only read the headline.
Damn—-A whole 439 subjects in that study.
Here is a study with 223,128 people.
Ivermectin Prophylaxis Used for COVID-19: A Citywide, Prospective, Observational Study of 223,128 Subjects Using Propensity Score Matching

I have said this before and I will say it again. You can find a study to support your narrative if look hard enough.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the ivermectin group was 70% more likely to survive. I guess they were hoping we would only read the headline.
Some indicators went one way others went the other. The differences did not reach the level of significance. If the drug worked it would be expected to have made a significant difference in the outcome of the two groups.

This may help your understanding of evaluating clinical study results https://www.mhaonline.com/faq/clinical-vs-statistical-significance

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
have said this before and I will say it again. You can find a study to support your narrative if look hard enough.
Especially when you are excited to quote a speculative observational article from a questionable journal with authors including a dentist, a veterinarian, fired doctor(s), and three authors who say they are not medical professionals that you somehow believe is similarly valid as actual clinical research.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Especially when you are excited to quote a speculative observational article from a questionable journal with authors including a dentist, a veterinarian, fired doctor(s), and three authors who say they are not medical professionals that you somehow believe is similarly valid as actual clinical research.
says the guy who quoted an article from blink news and acted like it was gospel.
ROTFL 😂 😂😂😂😂

Keep on keeping on LOL

Maybe give itself a talking to so you stop looking like you know what.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
says the guy who quoted an article from blink news and acted like it was gospel.
Not sure what you are rambling on about there or if "blink news" even exists.

Last edited:

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure what you are rambling on about there or if "blink news" even exists.
Sorry it was wink news even more laughable. You don’t remember posting an article from wink news and then everyone ridiculing you. Remember you then got all petulant and deleted all the posts and banned a few people for a timeout. I can find it if it would help you remember.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry it was wink news even more laughable. You don’t remember posting an article from wink news and then everyone ridiculing you. Remember you then got all petulant and deleted all the posts and banned a few people for a timeout. I can find it if it would help you remember.
Still no idea what you are rambling on about. Are you referring to the CBS station in Fort Meyers, FL?

A few members have received timeouts for bad behavior but very few have been permanently banned and none in recent years. Posts that violate Our Code of Conduct are removed.

Your recent, personal attack, comments without any relevant substance also violate Our Code of Conduct. If they were against any other member they would have already been acted upon.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Damn—-A whole 439 subjects in that study.
Here is a study with 223,128 people.
Ivermectin Prophylaxis Used for COVID-19: A Citywide, Prospective, Observational Study of 223,128 Subjects Using Propensity Score Matching

I have said this before and I will say it again. You can find a study to support your narrative if look hard enough.
That's not the same at all. The study you show is an observational study, published in an obscure repository. The one I showed is a randomized trial. Albeit not double blind but still much better than am observational study, published in JAMA, a pretty good journal.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I get what you are saying but absolute numbers in data analysis have very little meaning. Which is why you have to look at how that study was designed and powered. Meaning, if the study did not find a statistical difference, then the study can not say that diffence observed is not due to random chance.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No need to get hostile guys. I didn't want to start a fight. Just to show some reasonably good data that just came out.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No need to get hostile guys. I didn't want to start a fight. Just to show some reasonably good data that just came out.
Same here. Just showing some data that just came out.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you hit the nail right on the head. Which side of this chart taken from the Malaysia Study would you like to be on. I guess the 7 extra dead people can take solace in knowing that there is no statistical difference in the data. Thanks Tabbibus for sharing.

IMG_0016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.