• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom SwimDeck Ballast Bag project

Would you be interested in this type of bag for your swim deck?

• Yes

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do all those pumps run simultaneously? Concerned at all about all that draw on the battery at once? I’ve been waiting to fill my integrated bags first then shut off pump before running my aux pump. Would rather do it at the same time, but guess I wasn’t sure if I should. I’d only be talking about 2, currently, though.
Yes, those can run simultaneously, and no concern as long as certain rules are followed.

Those pumps can run simultaneously, but should not be simultaneously started. The amp draw on startup is momentarily many times higher then in steady-state and could damage and/or deplete a battery, even blow fuses.

As a rule, I keep the engines (or engine) running at high idle during pump operation - enough RPM to give me 13+ V reading on the voltmeters. That saves battery power and speeds up the pumps, a win-win.

With my intakes I do not like using "No Wake" mode for the above even though it would be ideally suited RPM-wise. I notice there is a lot of air mixing at the pumps when "No Wake" is activated and that air tends to enter the intakes which is not ideal for Johnson pump impellers. So - I set the throttles to run at "high idle" of about 2,000-something RPM, just enough to get some juice flowing from the stators.

Slowly moving forward helps escape exhaust plume.

--

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hopefully as early as tomorrow I can order the 19ft version and once it arrives I'll upload videos of us surfing from both sides. I'm most curious of how easy it will be to switch sides with the custom bag. Will prob have to drain in most of the way to be able to move it to the other side.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh you'll most certainly want to drain a lot of it to switch sides surfing unless you like getting a hernia :D

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Haknslash,

Did you get on that wave yet?

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
959E4566-2E0C-46B4-A598-751106C2912D.jpeg 266B4416-E2AD-4CA4-82AB-E7B6B4780A15.jpeg

This bag is amazing I have said it before but actually some what decent pics 3 total on the boat including the surfer. Ballast was transom bag full under port seat about 800# and 400# under starboard. 1 driver 1 passenger surf side up in bow and the rider. I don’t have a wake wedge this is just boat and ballast

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski One question about the pump wiring in this picture.

20190104_073405.jpg What did you use? Romex or Ancor flat Boat Cable.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski One question about the pump wiring in this picture.

View attachment 86256 What did you use? Romex or Ancor flat Boat Cable.
I do not know. Would that be labeled on the wire shielding? Those are WakeMakers pre-assembled kits, with switches rated for the amps as there are no relays.
Those kits are expensive but super handy in a project like this, with many moving parts.
I could not find a bad review, or opinion, on any wake forums, the WMs seem to run with high quality components as far as I can tell, certainly true for pumps and hoses, those are really top notch.

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@zipper here's a better look at one of the WakeMakers wiring kits. It has the appearance of romex but not. I'm not sure what exactly it would be termed?
WLS45MLlyU2Zeyo9cguyNUKdxx0uQ1yP-1_142.jpg

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah looks like Ancor marine grade flat duplex or at least something very similar.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I'll check the labeling when I get to the boat and let you know.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry Guys, did not know it was part of a kit with connectors attached. I am sure it is Ancor marine cable or equivalent, stranded and tinned vs. Romex a single solid conductor. they do look alike. Just asking, I have been installing marine cable in the Beneteau for spreader lights and 20a AC outlet in the galley.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone got one of these bags for a new AR210 with the TR1’s? If so has anyone put a ballast bag in the ski locker and and had a full boat of people. My question is getting to will the TR1’s do well like this or is this just too much.
Are you upgrading? If so let me know I might buy your bag.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Lol, yeah we will see. We moved and now have a bigger garage.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey, I'm interested in getting a bag for my 2016 242x, what's the process?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length