• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom wake booster on 242x

CalebEnright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Video link at bottom (I don’t know how to imbed it)
I made a wakebooster out of fiberglass and finished it in some gel coat I had laying around from another boat project. I’m new to surfing and wakeboarding (old snowboarder). Was able to surf rope-less after a couple tries. Since the video I’ve tweaked the setup a bit more last weekend and gotten it cleaned up a bit (will get some videos this weekend hopefully) next I’m tackling the jet wash issues so we can wakeboard a cleaner wake to wake. 9E555787-D88A-47B9-9B31-039C92DD242F.jpeg
FC605CE1-3779-4E15-B5EB-D9E2378121F0.jpeg
Learning to surf and testing custom booster
Testing booster, 242x

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent! Did you use a template for size or just estimate?

CalebEnright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Excellent! Did you use a template for size or just estimate?
I took screen shots of Yamahas how to video and referenced the rub rail screw spacing for scale. Them made mine out of 1/4” steel first, messed with that cutting it down here and there. Made a mold off the steel version I made and then used the mold to make it out of glass with air pockets to make it float.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome! Great job!

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict