• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealer recommendations within two states of Arkansas?

JN82

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi guys - love all the info on these forums! We're looking at buying an AR210 soon, and we're not too thrilled with our Yamaha dealer here in AR based on past purchases. We don't mind hopping in the truck and driving a state or two for a great deal and dealer experience. Can anyone point us in the right direction in Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, etc?

We know dealers don't typically negotiate on current-year models, but we want to find one that will waive the freight/prep and include extended warranty, boat accessories, etc. Our local one doesn't budge on any of that :-(

St. Charles Boat and Motor out of St.Charles,MO. They will be a bit of a drive for you but talk with Jerry! He was awesome to work with.

I had a really good service experience with Bradford Marine while I was on vacation last summer.

I 2nd the St. Charles Boat and Motor recommendation. Talk with Jerry or Terry. @mattschepker @swatski can chime in also regarding SCBM.

Do you know that Arkansas Residents do not pay sales tax on private purchases of used boats? You have to avoid all dealers, brokers, etc but I have done it twice.

I suggest looking for a used 212, 230 or 240 instead. Even without the sales tax situation I would make the same suggestion.

Hi guys - love all the info on these forums! We're looking at buying an AR210 soon, and we're not too thrilled with our Yamaha dealer here in AR based on past purchases. We don't mind hopping in the truck and driving a state or two for a great deal and dealer experience. Can anyone point us in the right direction in Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, etc?

We know dealers don't typically negotiate on current-year models, but we want to find one that will waive the freight/prep and include extended warranty, boat accessories, etc. Our local one doesn't budge on any of that :-(
St Charles Boat and Motor have helped a lot of people. I would rate them among the best you can possibly find - not the largest Yamaha dealer by any stretch, but solid service, no sleazy tactics, and about the best prices you will find, especially on the "in stock" inventory. If they have what you want on their lot, you would be unlikely to find a better deal anywhere.

--

Do you know that Arkansas Residents do not pay sales tax on private purchases of used boats? You have to avoid all dealers, brokers, etc but I have done it twice.

I suggest looking for a used 212, 230 or 240 instead. Even without the sales tax situation I would make the same suggestion.
Yes - I've even heard that if you buy out of state (even from a dealer) they don't bother with the sales tax upon registration - even for new. Seems to be a hit-and-miss thing though - maybe depends on what person you get at the DMV that particular day.

Yes - I've even heard that if you buy out of state (even from a dealer) they don't bother with the sales tax upon registration - even for new. Seems to be a hit-and-miss thing though - maybe depends on what person you get at the DMV that particular day.

It is not hit and miss. It is the law. http://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/offices/motorVehicle/Pages/BoatRegistration.aspx
"Sales tax is collected by the dealer for new and used boats. Arkansas does not charge sales tax on casual sales (individual to individual) for boats."

Anderson Marine (Madison TN just north of Nashville) i have purchased two jet boats from them

I just purchased from Wedowee Marine in AL. It was between them and Park Marine in Atlanta. Park added $3000 in fees (freight, prep, docs) whereas Wedowee did not. They also are delivering it to me at no charge. So far I have been very happy with them.

Dick lanes at Grand Lake in Oklahoma will negotiate

Phil Dill Boats in Lewisville, Tx is a strong contender for a Yamaha purchase. We bought ours new from them in '06 and they were very good to deal with. @txav8r might be able to chime in with his input since he's dealt with them quite a bit more then I have.

Well , Kentucky is actually only two states removed from Arkansas. But Lexington could be a really long drive from some parts of Arkansas ?? Its 6 hours from Memphis because I have done that many , many times of all hours in the day and night. Stokley's Marine is where I purchased my boat and the buying experience was first class. They win awards year after year for customer satisfaction survey ( Yamaha and many other manufactures). I paid regular published price for my 2016 AR240 but the owner threw in accessory gift certificates worth a lot toward premium mooring cover , anchor , life vest , etc. They are a first class family operated business that still calls me by name when I go in and go out of the way to help me a year and a half after the purchase. IF I ever trade or buy another boat , it will be there.

It is not hit and miss. It is the law. http://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/offices/motorVehicle/Pages/BoatRegistration.aspx
"Sales tax is collected by the dealer for new and used boats. Arkansas does not charge sales tax on casual sales (individual to individual) for boats."
It is not the law in Texas, a boat and trailer require license and registration, even if used, and when you try to do either, your going to pay the tax, no matter where you bought it. I may move to Arkansas!

I will second that @PEARCE ... I like the guys at Phil Dill in Lewisville Texas. Toby Blackney was a salesman there, graduated to Service Manager, and then General Manager. They shoot straight and won't misrepresent anything. Not always the cheapest, but they are the best. I bought my second boat from Dick Lanes in Oklahoma. They promised me several things they didn't stand behind. They knew I was from out of state. I told Toby I was looking for a second leftover and they had none. I told him that I wouldn't buy elsewhere if they wouldn't take care of me warranty and going forward. Not only did they do that, but they gave me dealer backing for a boat they didn't sell on the 30 day items that were wrong on the boat. They got all my hydroturf replaced that was chalking, changed my bow stop roller, and put a wedge under the bow stop post that was moving. Great dealer in north Texas.

St. Charles Boat and Motor all the way.

I did not purchase my current boat from them but if I buy a new boat again I am buying from Jerry.

They have done all of my service and repairs over the past 6 years couldn't be happier with their service.

Sorry but I cannot recommend Wedowee Marine in Alabama. They'll sell you a boat and that's about where it ends.

Back