• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth gauge showing zero and flashing

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m on the water and the depth gauge was working fine earlier. I looked down and it was showing 25ft and flashing and would not change. I cut off the power and restarted and it now flashes 0.0ft with no change. Any ideas what the cause is? Could a wire have disconnected somewhere? I only see a harness on the back of the Connext screen that looks fine.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is way too late to help you, but unfortunately, that's a common issue with these boats that does not seem to have a solution. The workaround in my case, and many others, I'd suspect, is to have an alternate method to gauge your depth. I use Navionics, you can use a free version with your phone to test it out, I believe. I use a paid version because I find it to be a tremendous value. It'd be nice if they simply didn't include this feature, since there doesn't seem to be a fix for it, but I'm guessing it's an easy thing to have in the software that allows them to sell this as a feature, and they're not going to tell any prospective buyer that it's prone to crapping out - OFTEN. If that's the thing that would stop someone from buying one of these boats, I'll say they weren't really sold on a Yamaha in the first place, and that's just the straw that broke the camel's back.

As for you not getting help earlier, you gotta use the HELP feature/method/function of the forum software.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the response and the info. Had the issue been urgent I would have used the HELP feature but it was more of an annoyance than anything. The Connext screen was just replaced by the dealer last year, so I will likely need to haul it 2 hours back to them to get it checked out.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Mine does the same thing after sitting at the sandbar, then it'll go to 999f for a minute or two, then it'll work again. Damnest thing.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the response and the info. Had the issue been urgent I would have used the HELP feature but it was more of an annoyance than anything. The Connext screen was just replaced by the dealer last year, so I will likely need to haul it 2 hours back to them to get it checked out.
I promise, yours WILL start "working" again, and this will keep happening. Just do a search on the forums here and you'll see this. I wouldn't waste the time and potential loss of use of the boat over this, but that's just my view after seeing this happen so often across multiple boats on here. For me, it was an "accept it and move on" issue. I could argue with Yamaha about it all day long, and have them replace parts as well, but in the end, eventually it's going to happen again, and for no reason. I'm less a fan of things being tied together for ease of use or convenience and more a fan of stuff that works or can be replaced without having to remove EVERYTHING to fix it (in-dash navigation on cars, for example, is a HUGE pet peeve of mine).

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction!