• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Did Yamaha miss on the 22 series <2023>

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Metro show? I did not see a listing for Yamaha but it would be great if they had one there. I'm hoping to see one at the Detroit show in January.
2 Dealers will have Yamaha's there.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
2 Dealers will have Yamaha's there.
That's awesome, I can't wait to read your reviews, take lots of photos too! I have a wedding that weekend so won't be able to attend but I'm anxiously awaiting the return of the Detroit Boat Show in January.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome, I can't wait to read your reviews, take lots of photos too! I have a wedding that weekend so won't be able to attend but I'm anxiously awaiting the return of the Detroit Boat Show in January.
Hopefully the rumer for 22' while materialize, we will see. I am sure they will have the other models.

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I posed this question to jetboat pilot but didn’t hear back.

Are there any products in the works to create a seat insert and back for the new 22’? Seems that Yamaha missed on not adding that like the 25 footers.

1662818230480.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are there any products in the works to create a seat insert and back for the new 22’? Seems that Yamaha missed on not adding that like the 25 footers.
After seeing a local upholstery shop fabricate a new seat cushion from scratch and no pattern for my buddies 210, I would just roll your boat to a local shop and have them make one.

Many of these shops have folks with serious talent and ability to match colors. And it's not like it would need to be strong, as it's sitting on a flat surface. I would be more careful about a filler cushion sitting on the marine mat and leaving an indentation. It may need feet that go around the mat that is in place.

Good luck

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks. I still can’t fathom why they would include that. I could get it filled but the back would still be open. Still deciding. I like the 22’s but love the 25’s. I don’t love their price. It’s a lot of coin.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yamaha could have done an insert for the back seat like Scarab has for the walkway area:

1662999005395.png
Jim

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm less concerned about top speed and more concerned about tow sports. I like they went back with the bags as maybe there's a possibility of replacing the bags and getting a decent surf wave out of it. Unfortunately my next boat will likely be a lightly used surf boat. I can't see paying surf boat prices and not be able to meet that need. Obviously my scope of usage is different than most. I'd love to stick to the yamaha in the off chance I make a dream trip of Bimini a reality, or hit up one of the jetboat meets in FL one year. Otherwise a proper tow boat scratches all the other itches I have.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd love to stick to the yamaha in the off chance I make a dream trip of Bimini a reality,
Why not make it a reality??? What’s holing you back??

IceMan711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am fine with the new 222 power. My problem is will it fit through my 9ft garage door, and it looks like a big NO. I was prepared to call the local dealer this week and get on the list for a 222SE or 222XE, but no way if I can’t store it inside. Why the hell can’t Yamaha make a boat that normal people can put in their detached garage, I mean come on. I have a 26x40 garage but I cannot get a 22ft boat in it! WTH

Right now the 22ft is a big miss until I see otherwise.
I'd +1 this.

2023 AR220
Height on Trailer 11'
Height on Trailer with Tower Folded 9' 9"

2022 AR210
Height on Trailer 10'4.5″
Height on Trailer with Tower Folded 7'10.7″ > almost 2 feet lower!

The tower on the 210 actually folds down a significant amount and gives me plenty of room in my 9" garage. Even with a cable mod I doubt I would be able to get a AR220 in there. Shame to have a folding tower that only saves you 15". I'd probably have an AR250 and not a AR210 if the tower would actually fold! The AR250 has the same issue.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd +1 this.

2023 AR220
Height on Trailer 11'
Height on Trailer with Tower Folded 9' 9"

2022 AR210
Height on Trailer 10'4.5″
Height on Trailer with Tower Folded 7'10.7″ > almost 2 feet lower!

The tower on the 210 actually folds down a significant amount and gives me plenty of room in my 9" garage. Even with a cable mod I doubt I would be able to get a AR220 in there. Shame to have a folding tower that only saves you 15". I'd probably have an AR250 and not a AR210 if the tower would actually fold! The AR250 has the same issue.
Well if this is actually the case, and I have no reason to doubt it, then it one of the more stupider things Yamaha has done.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well if this is actually the case, and I have no reason to doubt it, then it one of the more stupider things Yamaha has done.
I honestly doubt anyone in the drawing room considering these fitting in a standard height garage. Probably for good reason too - the % of owners doing so has to be well under 1%.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I honestly doubt anyone in the drawing room considering these fitting in a standard height garage. Probably for good reason too - the % of owners doing so has to be well under 1%.
Over 1% for sure based on my sample size of 1... haha

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see a lot of people storing them in their garage, the 21' models. Around here depending on the city and type of house you can't park them in the drive. They must be behind the front of the house. So if you garage is in the front of your house, you have to put it in the garage. Or pay for storage which isn't cheap. The 21' just gets in there barely.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I would venture to say the percentage is much higher than that in colder climate regions. I myself do. So my sample size is 100%....lol

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Being able to fit in my 7' garage is a must. I was able to do it with my SX210 and when I searched for a new boat it was the 1st thing on my shopping list. My HOA does not allow me to leave the boat in the driveway, I refuse to dock my boat on the river or leave it at my marina in the parking lot, and storage where I live is hard to come by, so my boat has to fit in my garage.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The vast majority of people have standard size garages (18 - 20' deep), so the 210 did not fit in their garages anyway. Yes, some people make mods and/or park their boat sideways in their garage, but not many folks do this. Most folks who want to garage their boats, get a 19' boat instead.

Even with my new house, my oversize garage (actual dimensions are 24' wide x 27' deep) the standard garage door was only 7' high. Had my builder install a 8' high door when we reviewed the construction plans. Wish I would have had a 9' high door installed, but by the time I thought about it, this would have necessitated a change to the permitted building plans and would have slowed our build down.

I still have a 22' at the top of my new boat list, even if I have to store it outside due to the height.

Jim

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
The vast majority of people have standard size garages (18 - 20' deep), so the 210 did not fit in their garages anyway. Yes, some people make mods and/or park their boat sideways in their garage, but not many folks do this. Most folks who want to garage their boats, get a 19' boat instead.

Even with my new house, my oversize garage (actual dimensions are 24' wide x 27' deep) the standard garage door was only 7' high. Had my builder install a 8' high door when we reviewed the construction plans. Wish I would have had a 9' high door installed, but by the time I thought about it, this would have necessitated a change to the permitted building plans and would have slowed our build down.

I still have a 22' at the top of my new boat list, even if I have to store it outside due to the height.

Jim
Unfortunately in many communities the builder won't put in an 8', which is the situation with the new home wegavea deposit with.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Unfortunately in many communities the builder won't put in an 8', which is the situation with the new home wegavea deposit with.
Doesn't really surprise me. We had a home built on our lot and got quotes from several builders. Some builders would make zero structural changes. Had one salesman (at one of the larger builders in our area) tell me he can't make changes because the work crews wouldn't lsee them on the drawings. Talk about a huge red flag! We ended up using a custom builder and customize one of their plans. 100% satisfied with our build.

Jim