• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Difference between Lawrance Elite-5 CHIRP vs Elite-5 CHIRP Gold?

Krzysiek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Price difference is about $20. Is hardware the same with different maps Navionics+? Are charts better with Gold? Should I get 50/200 455/800 or 83/200 455/800 transducer? I will be using around Long Island Sound (Between CT and Long Island)
Thanks

Last edited:
If you go to Navoinics.com you can choose Navoinics+ or Gold then click on coverage and you will see a map. You can zoom in on the areas you boat in to see how the coverage differs.

I found that that the Gold Lakes card that came with my RayMarine Dragonfly did not include my local lakes so I had to buy Navoinics Updates for $100 to access local charts. I believe that a year of updates comes with the plotter you are looking at.

This is Gold charts for a lake near me

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 10.10.31 AM.png

And Navoinics+ for the same area

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 10.10.18 AM.png

I do not see big difference. First one depth in meters and second one depth in feet? Is it worth to get gold version? Thanks

Back