• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do you trailer your boat or have a slip?

Do you trailer your boat or have a slip?

• I leave my boat at a slip or dock for the season

Votes: 74 28.6%
  • I trailer my boat every time, like having it at home

Votes: 159 61.4%
  • Both, but mostly trailer

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Both, but mostly leave at a slip

Votes: 20 7.7%

• Total voters

Yammi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
May I ask where is your marina and how much is their rates ?
i’m in Sarnia, Canada…the marina is on the tip of the St. Clair river and we have to go under the blue water bridge to get to Lake Huron (Great Lake) - that can be one rough section of water. Rate is $2200 per year…opens in April, closes in November.

Last edited:

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wet slip = Convenience.
Yes it gets dirty, but I have it professionally "bottom-washed" at the end of the season and it's as good as new.
I waited 5 years to get a permanent slip in my community marina. Trailering was a PITA!
Easy to park the car, carry the cooler and a couple of backpacks down to the boat, and we're off!

20210605_191055.jpg

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have 6 lakes we visit and several rivers in the area so I trailer everywhere.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We move around to various locations and lakes, and trailering is so fast and easy while it saves money by not paying slip fees and using gas stations to fill up (gas at the marina is typically 30% higher for the same fuel). Most people we've seen at slips beside the ramps take longer to get out of the marina as we toodle away out into the channel. Granted we've been doing it for years and we each have specific duties so we know what we're doing at the ramp and not wasting time.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe I’m odd but I enjoy hooking up a trailer to my truck. I’m always happy to tow, haul, or go off-roading in the truck. 🙂

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't think I would ever leave a boat in the water, especially salt unless it was a behemoth and trailering it was a super pain. My goal on return to the 48 is to trailer around with a boat and enjoy all waters I've never dipped a prop in.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I own trailer but only use it for boat vacations or the very occasional trip to another lake. 99% of the time its in dry stack storage at a local marina. Honestly I don't think I would own a boat if I had to trailer it every time, ramps near me are too busy and hectic especially during the weekends

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For you guys that don’t tow your boat, what do you do with the trailer?

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I pay a guy w/ some land to park it on his property. Just put it on jackstands, cover the tires and lock the hitch

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I will be trying something new this season that’s a bit of both. Will be doing in/out service where my boat is stored in a warehouse, on my trailer, and I use my vehicle to move it about 50 yards to the marinas private boat ramp. I park my vehicle/trailer in their lot and then pull it out of the water and back into the warehouse when I’m done. Should be more convenient than the drystack option that I’ve used the last three seasons which was spotty at times.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Trailer mine. I'm fortunate, I live within 20 minutes of two ramps on the Alafia River leading to Tampa Bay. I store it about 5 minutes from my house, so its convenient to bring home, flush, wash, admire and put back. Dry rack storage in the Tampa area is outrageous and then I would still need to store my trailer. All maint. can be done in my garage.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Park it behind the house with the tongue and tires covered.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trailer. Unfortunately most local lakes are 1/2 hour or more away. If we want to stay out late or sunset cruise we will rent a slip. Would love to have lake property but that requires selling the mountain place (which also has two super cool lakes within a half hour). I DO however get tired of having to be at the boat ramp early to insure parking.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Trailer. I save money and I'm very efficient towing and launching by myself. Boat is a 2014, 100% salt water, and still looks great after all these years. It's more work than a wet slip, but I'm young and have too much energy.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I trailer, I have 5 ramps within 5 miles of me all free and the closest is a mile away and I like working on my boat so its best to keep in my driveway, I also launch a lot in other places to cover other fishing grounds. But sometimes i wish i have it in a dock so i can fish in the morning before work, so tempting lol.