• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do you trailer your boat or have a slip?

Do you trailer your boat or have a slip?

• I leave my boat at a slip or dock for the season

Votes: 75 28.8%
  • I trailer my boat every time, like having it at home

Votes: 159 61.2%
  • Both, but mostly trailer

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Both, but mostly leave at a slip

Votes: 20 7.7%

• Total voters

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've only been on lewisville once but I've been told it's too busy

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I trailer my boat everywhere but after talking to @jaybro72, I think I have my wife convinced about getting a slip next year. @jcyamaharider will hopefully join jay and I also.

@BigN8, what's the big cluster about? I would think it would just be one big party.
It's too hard to explain and I hate typing....Short answer is the "one big party" gets old real quick.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Slip her as often as I can. Up to a month until July..after that pull her out every two weeks to clean. Mid August.pull her out after every week end. Love having the boat in the slip at the ready. Really nice early morning Eagle watching with the wife and coffee. Love the smooth water in the late evening and night. I'm only a 5 minute walk away from the marina. Helps a lot.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The party cove is busy, but thats not a bad thing if you're looking for a party. Its a BIG lake and there is plenty of room if you want to be away from the crowd. I usually visit the party cove for a bit, but also go off and find a quiet cove for a while too. Never had a problem finding both on Lewisville. Only problem now is the low water levels on all the area lakes.

Regarding the original poll, I had a slip at first, but felt tied down to that one lake. If there was only one lake nearby it would make sense, but I've got about 10 different lakes within about a 1 hour drive and then a dozen more lakes within 2 hours. I like visiting all the different lakes, so a slip didn't make much sense for me.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine is in a private dock so it's not too bad to work on either. I have a generator in case my solar doesn't hold out long enough. I'm not far from a ramp if I need to trailer it for some reason. If I didn't have the set up I have now I would definitely find a slip with a lift to keep the boat in. But I don't go boating...yet...in different lakes. May have to try to make the next Lake Shelbyville, that looks like a lot of fun!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Oh yeah....and I trailer too! Like I'll be doing at the end of July....dragging her from Raleigh NC to Shelbyville IL!!!! WOOT @OperationROL hopefully there will be a prize for the furthest from home! LOL I'll have to clean the bugs off her to win the race!!

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did the trailer thing last year, got to be a bit of a pain when I wanted to go out for shorter cruises after work, especially by myself. Only lake in the area, and I live across the street from the marina. Doing a covered slip + hydrohoist lift this year. Originally was uncovered, but the marina had a rare covered slip open up so I jumped on it!

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not at all, if you stay on the northeast side. Stewart's cove and party cove get crowded, but I've never had any issues.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh yeah....and I trailer too! Like I'll be doing at the end of July....dragging her from Raleigh NC to Shelbyville IL!!!! WOOT @OperationROL hopefully there will be a prize for the furthest from home! LOL I'll have to clean the bugs off her to win the race!!
Great Idea. I hope we have some competitors for you. Texas?

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not at all, if you stay on the northeast side. Stewart's cove and party cove get crowded, but I've never had any issues.
Maybe we'll have to have an informal gathering on Lewisville so us noobies can check it out.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe we'll have to have an informal gathering on Lewisville so us noobies can check it out.
I'm always up for meeting other jetheads on the water. :cool:

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most boaters on our bay moor their boats and toys in front of their cottages. I gotta say, I'm a little nervous about doing it this year ... It would be easy for someone to unhook her and tow her away. Perhaps some security devices are out there.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I only rented a slip for 24 hours last summer to put new bunks and carpets on the trailer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Still trailering it and am sick as hell of doing so. The big pro is I can take it anywhere I want so I'm not stuck on one body of water but I can't ignore the stress and expenses of trailering. If I ever stop boating having to tow it everywhere will factor into the decision.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just put mine in a dry stack storage marina last week. I think I'm really going to like the valet service this year vs. trailering each time last year. This is assuming the attendants there do not beat my boat to death getting it in/out of the water....