• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dock Mooring Whips

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
1632167537650.png

1632167659098.png

Anyone have experience with Dock Mooring Whips? I have a seawall I will be using on my property to secure my boats on the weekends. I looked over reviews and watched some YouTube video's and they seem to work well. Nothing like trusted forum for accurate feedback though. I truly do not want to just use some dock bumpers all the time.

Any other advise on how to best set up a block wall for regular mooring and overnight use?

Below is my actual wall. You can see the tie downs I used for my 16ft Lund fishing boat.
1632168487726.png

Attachments

• 1632167602358.png
    1632167602358.png
    86 KB · Views: 9
  • 1632167636490.png
    1632167636490.png
    124 KB · Views: 9
What's the height of the sea wall from the surface of the water there? How does that compared to the freeboard on your boat? Looks like the seawall is relatively low there. Do you get many wakes/waves back there?

What's the height of the sea wall from the surface of the water there? How does that compared to the freeboard on your boat? Looks like the seawall is relatively low there. Do you get many wakes/waves back there?

The lake is in constant change as it is a man made lake and can range 3' throughout the season depending on rainfall. At full pond or what they try to maintain throughout the spring through fall the water is about 5ft deep at the ladder in the background. Towards where I am sitting it is about 2'. The average depth along the wall at full pond is around 3'.

My plan is to use the side of the wall when water level is normal. If we have a dry summer and water is low I will remove my ladder and dock there. Even more reason I think for the whips as the wakes from boats on the main channel would be pushing the boat in towards the wall when moored at the front.

Back