• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Does anyone else think that Super Bowl 51 was staged / scripted?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The whole game seems too improbable to me.

It also appears advertising expenditure was down.

Perhaps the NFL decided to add some excitement to the game?

What do you guys think?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most amazing game I've ever seen. There has never been a Super Bowl team that came back from a 25 point deficit.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hate to see Atlanta on the losing end of this one, but what Belichick and Brady have done over their careers is amazing. It definitely felt like a story book ending. It's hard to believe Brady's 39 years old performing the way he does in such a physical game. It took a lot of plays down the stretch for the Patriots to win that game and they executed on everyone of them. Man this one is tough. The drought in Atlanta continues...

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pretty amazing, at half time I thought the game was out of reach, went and did evening chores, came back in the forth quarter to see the Pats pull to within 8, then tie and win in O.T. Coming back like that...If I had not have seen it, I would not have believed it after their play in the first half.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I felt this game was about the Pats D vs Ryan's Crew. Ryan prevailed for 2 1/2 qtrs and then flamed out. You know the Pats O is going to score, it just took them awhile to get rolling. Great game, amazing finish. Too bad Ryan couldn't get a ring after a great, under the radar season.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even when the Pat's got down that far i think most of us were waiting for Brady to bring them back. I'm not a Pat's fan at all but it was a great game and congrats to them.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not scripted due to the real reactions Cry Brady and Belly-Itch had during their pumiling.

Great game, great comeback. I truly despise Brady but he's such an awesome leader and weapon. Maybe he will retire now.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nah, I am quite sure Goodell did not want to see Brady set a bunch of records and lead his team to victory. If anything, he would have preferred a "changing of the guard" angle with a Falcons win.

It was a great game. So many great performances on both sides of the ball for both teams.

Note: As a Packers fan, I had no dog in this hunt. Really just wanted to see a good game.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So as a lifelong fan of one of the most hated teams in football all I can say is I watched every minute waiting for Bill and Tom to get it together and boy am I glad I did. My favorite part was the super model cheering for her somewhat awkward looking husband and the daughter gleming in her daddy's arms later on.

Goodell handing over the throphies was not bad either but the booing at him was in poor taste.

May the Bill and Tom show continue.

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Not a fan of either team, but Ryan was downright Romo-esque in that 2nd half, lol. Play great all year, then choke it away when the final chips are down. (taking sacks, fumbling it away, etc.) Awesome game, love it like that when my team isn't playing, lol.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not a fan of either team, but Ryan was downright Romo-esque in that 2nd half, lol. Play great all year, then choke it away when the final chips are down. (taking sacks, fumbling it away, etc.) Awesome game, love it like that when my team isn't playing, lol.
Come one now, he wasn't that bad. He was 17-23 with 2 tds for the game with no interceptions. The throw to Julio on the sideline late in the game would have iced the game if Freeman would have blocked the blitz and Matthews wouldn't have held. 3 points there and the game would have been over. The Falcons only had 5 possessions in the second half not counting the last one that was inside the 15 with no timeouts and 52 seconds left in the game. They scored a td on one of those drives and had a great chance to score again after the Julio catch. You can't expect them to score on every possession. I mean they were playing a great defense in the Superbowl. The reality is Atlanta couldn't get the Patriots off the field. They nearly doubled ATL in time of possession. They had over 100 yards on the ground and Tom passed for 466 yards. He was 43 for 63 passing which is crazy. Ryan didn't choke and he didn't give up those late touchdowns or those 2 point conversions. The Falcons lost the game. The Patriots had to make a ton of plays (Edelman's sick catch, converting the 2 pt conversions, defensive stop after failing the onside kick, etc.) and be just about perfect to win that game and they were able to do it. The Falcons had a ton of opportunities to win and no one person choked or lost the game IMO.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The falcons defense just had nothing for the pats late in the game.. they could not stop them and get off the field. As far as it being scripted, i don't believe it could happen without people leaking it. Imagine all the money the loosing team lost from contracts to trade deals.. all the members of the team including support staff and coaching and owners would need to be part of the script and buy into it and never, ever say anything about it. I currently work with 4 former nfl players, most of them have superbowl rings... i asked them and they just laughed. The amount of work they put in year round... the way their wins and losses affect their contracts... i just dont see it being possible. That being said, i hate the pats won. I was pulling for Atlanta but man Brady is tough to beat.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Oh yeah! There was a game last night! That's why church was so empty...
The puppy bowl was funny to watch later though.
Sorry.... go sports!

I don't think they could get that many people to script it and keep it all a secret. And why would willingly lose? I think if it was a landslide that got overturned, one team grew a set and the other team got lazy.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That puppy bowl was a little one sided. I think the puppy bowl was rigged :woot:

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1. The Falcons got cocky and imploded.
It has happened to better teams in the past.

OR

2. They were ruffied at half time.
All it would really take is one rouge trainer....:env:

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The whole game seems too improbable to me.

It also appears advertising expenditure was down.

Perhaps the NFL decided to add some excitement to the game?

What do you guys think?
O c'mon now ! you don't stage a game against a team that hasn't won a superbowl, you'd never get buy in.......2 key details:

1. NEVER give Brady 3:50 in the 4th quarter......he'll win it
2. NEVER give Brady 3:50 in the 4th quarter...He'll win it

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Patriots Defense is the unsung hero here, they only gave up 21 pts to the best offense in the league!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm relieved to finally see a big game that the officiating wasn't an issue.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Speak for yourself @Murf'n'surf , I do a little bit of football officiating (obviously not at that level) and I felt like the PI call was really questionable especially given the time and circumstances of the game - you are basically awarding the Super Bowl to NE with that call. Also at the end of regulation on the 2 point try there was a hold not called that sprung the runner - that hold is one we are taught we have to get as it is right at the point of attack.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was thrilled the halftime show wasn't political or filled with messages !!!!!!!!