• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

EXCITING NEW 'FIX' FOR 2016 24-FOOT BOATS

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The ANNOYING Driver seat "bolster problem" has been addressed and totally solved.

Now, we all know this "bolster issue" won't keep someone from buying, nor will it "seal a deal" ............
but it's good to know that Yamaha "HEARD" us (and others) ...
and
now when the bolster is up, you can stand with no leg irritation whatsoever !

Just 1 more reason why the new 2015's are the Best batch ever.
Hey ! Y'all have a FANTASTIC WEEKEND !
Mikey Lulejian - Goin' Bass fishing @ 6 am tomorrow am and gettin ' excited now !

PS - This 'fix' is on ALL 2016 24-footers.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
20150825_093656.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Many thanks, Adam. I missed that photo.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hate the bolster on mine. Glad they fixed it. Probably still needs stiffer padding though.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the fix? Did they move the seat back or what changed? I pretty much keep my booster seat up all the time and I can't stand between the steering wheel and seat very well. I have the steering wheel up as high as it goes. I had thought about moving the seat but then it will hit the rear cushion and the carpet will not fit properly. This is more of nuisance and I just stand partially in the aisle.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@OperationROL You showed me the 2015 captain's chair with "winged" seat pan and bolster on your boat at Shelbyville. Can you post photos of your seat with the bolster down and up? Pix worth a thousand words here.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What is the fix? Did they move the seat back or what changed? I pretty much keep my booster seat up all the time and I can't stand between the steering wheel and seat very well. I have the steering wheel up as high as it goes. I had thought about moving the seat but then it will hit the rear cushion and the carpet will not fit properly. This is more of nuisance and I just stand partially in the aisle.
My seat will slide forward or back, like a car seat.. Yours does not have a slider adjustment?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OperationROL You showed me the 2015 captain's chair with "winged" seat pan and bolster on your boat at Shelbyville. Can you post photos of your seat with the bolster down and up? Pix worth a thousand words here.
OK. I will try to snap a couple pics tomorrow.

Flower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They have taken that stink'n bar away that digs up the back of your calf.
I wonder if one of the 2016 models seat colors match the 2015 LS seat so those that hate the current set up can upgrade?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
20150921_145847.jpg 20150921_145854.jpg

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My seat will slide forward or back, like a car seat.. Yours does not have a slider adjustment?
I have it back all the way. It is still tight between the steering wheel and the seat. I will double check to make sure it is all the way back but I think it is. The seat is right up to the cushion with just enough room to spin the seat.