• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exterrior emblem letters fell off while washing

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So there I was washing the boat after a day out on the water and the "Y" on the Yamaha Emblem on the back of the boat fell off. Seems like it'd be a big hassle to bring it up to the dealer (not even sure if this would be covered under warranty). Anyone else ever have this happen? Or have any tips on what would be best to re-attach it? I was thinking some 3M marine adhesive off amazon would probably work but any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The problem with glue or paste adhesives is they squirt out and may not have enough depth to hold. They also tend to be stiff which leads to small bumps knocking them off since they have no flex. I have had better luck with 3M molding tape. It flexes a minimal amount, it is easier and cleaner to apply, it can be removed in the event that you don’t get it perfect the first time (never happens to me 😀) with a heat gun, and can be used on multiple other “fixes” around the house or garage (works great on tool chest drawer liner to keep it from moving and on the vertical walls of the drawers). I haven’t had it fail, yet…. Most of the time I can’t believe how hard it is to remove.

just my .02

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Lol this happened with my 252SE. I used some waterproof super glue I had laying around the house. Wiped the area with an alchohol pad, put glue on the letter and applied. I used painters tape to align the letter. It has been fine for over a month now.

I think the 3m stuff would be to thick, the superglue was thin so it still looks like nothing happened.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Damn, and here I am trying to remove these from mine.

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Damn, and here I am trying to remove these from mine.
I removed mine after one of the letters came off. Plastic scraper and some goo gone. took 5 minutes

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I might do it today

AlvinV

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Missing the M on mine. Proud owner of a YA AHA

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I pulled all of mine off yesterday (shaved emblems). A little Goo Gone, and my DA polisher and they were never there. If anyone is partial to them, PM me and I'll send you whatever letters I have until they are gone.

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Noticed the emblem fell off my 252SD yesterday. The rest of the letters seem loose. 😡

93AC98BE-E94B-487C-ABC6-F7306EFF2BAD.jpeg

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Well your didnt fall off. That got ripped off. At some point that tuning fork hit something. Corner of a dock maybe? They are attached with double sided foam tape so they will move a little and give that loose feeling. You can see half the foam tape left on the hull.

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Maybe rubbing against the fender on my dock. All of the letters have some give to them and felt like I could easily pull them off. Water would squish out from behind them when pressed.