• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Facebook Groups

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I belong to a lot of Facebook Groups, as I assume a lot of people are on boating. Was browsing around Looking at some of the questions about Yamaha's on them, this evening, and the answers people are giving, mildly unsettling. Took every bit of will power I had to not post a few retorts. Some questions are ridiculous. Some people are looking for genuine help and getting absurd answers and direction.

Gonna just troll here were it is safe ;)

Need to get a big ass long jetboaters.net decal and slap it on the side of my boat. :)

Last edited:

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
100% agree... I’m thankful every day for the safe haven of this forum. I feel that the extra work of people having to find this site, sign up, read threads, etc. saves us from the THOUSANDS of meaningless posts that occur on the FB forums every day and keeps this forum for the truly helpful posts.

My favorite post that I see multiple times a day is: “Hey, bought a new boat, anything I should know?”
I mean, we were all new boaters at one point, but seriously:
1. You asked this AFTER you bought it?
2. Use the search bar!!!!!!!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here.

I just reminded myself what I newbie I was, by selling our Wildcat 1000 SXS and buying a Polaris General. So I joined a couple facebook groups and one website, all specific to the Polaris General.

And within a week, I found just about everything I needed to know about our particular model and year by searching. The only questions I asked were just clarification questions.

What blew me away were the folks that blindly go out and spend $25-$30k and then ask yahoos in a facebook group how to spend an additional $10K on accessories that they are truly unsure if they will ever need. GO OUT AND ENJOY IT, and then decide if you really need anything else. (that applies here as well)

Alas, so many get caught up in the hype of the purchase, and upgrades they forget to use it. I saw plenty of used SXS being sold with less than 500 miles on them. Just like we will see plenty of 1-2 year old boats going up for sale, as we do each spring, that have not gotten out of their break in period.

If you read enough sob stories about issues, or enough upgrade threads, a person truly does start to believe that everyone needs them, and everyone is having that problem.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This forum is the ONLY type of Social Media I even partake in. Facebook is the devil, and I havent been on it in over 10 years. it is amazing how less stressed I am not knowing what everyone else is doing..

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm probably one of the few that does not have FB and from hearing about most that gets posted it's a "look at me" place or a place to bash someone or something. I am glad to be a part of this forum where it's about helping people and sharing experiences and information.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Yambers I am totally with you, but for work I have to be integrated into social media. Especially with www.watercraftharbor.com as well as the other product lines that I am responsible for. last count over 100 groups. From outdoors, through vending and manufacturing. I get a lot of notifications and I can't get away from it.

I don't really post and my personal facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. Are all private and locked, and not used with no friends or anything. I just wanted to reserve my name so that some other asshat doesn't grab it, etc.

typhoon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I learned a lot from the groups in the 1st week I joined them. I then noticed it was the same questions over and over, so they are a lot less interesting. Yamaha Jet Boats Florida is still great, but that is for a different reason!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In one of the groups, I don't recall which one, a guy who hasn't even picked up his boat, was wondering how and where to put headlights on it and where to buy them so he could drive in the dark easier......... smh... Some even told him how to do it and others mentioned about regulations.

We would all be better off if boat owners just took the time to understand their purchase, and do some solid reading. Rather than thinking FB, etc. is easier to just ask a question and whatever answers are given are good. I think some posters who answer people's questions are just being clowns and giving wrong info on purpose because they think it is funny. It is just too absurd sometimes.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
100% agree... I’m thankful every day for the safe haven of this forum. I feel that the extra work of people having to find this site, sign up, read threads, etc. saves us from the THOUSANDS of meaningless posts that occur on the FB forums every day and keeps this forum for the truly helpful posts.

My favorite post that I see multiple times a day is: “Hey, bought a new boat, anything I should know?”
I mean, we were all new boaters at one point, but seriously:
1. You asked this AFTER you bought it?
2. Use the search bar!!!!!!!
Yup, see that post all of the time.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Friend Face - never had an account, and I never will - same goes for InstaChat and SnapGram.

I have nothing against technology (carry a 5G smart Phone, good amount of experience with electronic/computer hardware, networking, programming routers and etc.).

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I got lucky after placing a deposit, this was the first Jetboat page, forum that I found. it's a great resource especially for soon to be first time boat owners like myself. The wealth of information on the forum and the willingness of people to respond and or help is invaluable.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't stand Facebook. For this reason and a million others.

Honestly, I pretty much hate my mobile device, as well as those around me that use them incessantly. It's just too much. Put that effing thing down, it is NOT the most important thing in the room.

I remember getting my wife her first smartphone, thinking it would be great. Now she's glued to it all the time, and conversation has notably dropped. Then I feel like an ass for asking her to put it down and just sit on the couch and watch TV.

walked downstairs the other day and my oldest has his tablet out watching someone play Minecraft on YouTube, then has the TV turned to another channel on YouTube watching someone play a stick man game. Like WTF kid? You have BOTH of those games right in front of you, play ONE and turn the other BS off.

Why does it seem to have been normalized to consume SOO MUCH media ALL THE TIME.......Have to be playing a game while TV is on in the background as "filler noise".

I've started a habit now where I literally STOP talking in the middle of a sentence when someone picks up their phone. I just stop. Most times they don't notice, and I would say more often than not I just walk away or give up the conversation in general.

Sorry for the disorganized rant, this just struck a cord for some reason.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u i do the same thing. I stop talking or walk away. Then i am told i am being the ass, lol

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am guessing that those that have never used facebook, or sworn it off without using it, don't really understand that the ones that can't put it down, have joined far too many groups or connected to far too many friends that really should have no impact on their life.

If a person only connects to true friends, and only joins groups they are truly interested in, it will show you info from just those groups. So it's only the true devil if you allow it to be.

I have way to many personal groups to help me connect to my friends and family that I could never swear it off. For example, we have a tight knit group of weekend boaters, that have our own group for meet ups and messaging. That's a perfect tool for the medium.

On another note, I made the same style of group for snowmobile buddies. We gathered rides, trailer shares and snow conditions. It has grown to over 200 local members. And the resource is amazing for these riders and the sled clubs, motels and bars of the region. That was a productive use of this group. We have noted, at this size, we do get a few more keyboard jockeys throwing out disrespect or bad advice, but as an admin, it's easy to bump them to the curb.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm probably one of the few that does not have FB and from hearing about most that gets posted it's a "look at me" place or a place to bash someone or something. I am glad to be a part of this forum where it's about helping people and sharing experiences and information.
Same here. This is the only online thing I do. Wife has Facebook so I get whatever “important” updates I might miss from her, which I have filtered down to basically nothing via my shitty responses when she does tell me things.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AZMark Makes it hard to keep up with Kim, Khloé, and Kourtney doesn't it though? :D