• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Facebook Groups

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Love all of these posts ya’ll have made here! I had a book face account for several years, and it was fun for a while, but deleted my account sometime ago..was I all wrapped up in for several years? Yes I was... until I had an epiphany of sorts and swore it off... when I left I messaged all my friends and said I was leaving but they could contact me on my cell or email. Amazing how many people still will contact me and say where have you been, or did you see this post etc.. I ask them if they got my message when I left book face, most will say ummm yeah, I say yah, I left that means I don’t get your messages from there. I will say that after blue boy got his ass reamed in congress deleting a book face account became a lot easier.

Besides the fact that bf is insidiously evil and creepy, I got tired of the forum narcissists treating that forum like it was their own fire hydrant to come in and piss on any one or anything they didn’t agree with, I’m sure ya’ll know the type. I still recall the last one, this guy insisted a cooling system that was half full was okay to use.. incredible.

People want their privacy but will willingly give bf access to all of their photo’s and contact information just so they can post a picture or two.... incredible. I had enough “coincidences“ to confirm how sneaky bf is, want a good example of it? Read through the terms of use for the messenger app that will get your attention.

The whole Pavlovian dog thing that happens when people hear an alert tone on their phone and then reach for it.... was in a meeting at work once and sent an email to most in the room regarding a question someone asked.. when the alert tone came in on all of these phones and everyone reached for their phones it just cracked me up. My boss didn’t think my answer to his question as to why I was laughing was very funny though... told him I was laughing at all of the pavlov‘s dogs hastily grabbing their phones.

Too quick and hangoutdoors... I have stopped talking when folks grab their phone or I can tell they stop paying attention for one reason or another for a long time, yeah, I’m an a hole for doing that LOL! But you know what? That just means I don’t waste time on anyone who is not paying attention.

Over the last few years I have endeavored to eliminate anything negative from my life that I have control over. For example, the “news”. 99.1% of what you see on the news has NO direct bearing on your life, and, you have no control over it, the remaining .9% which includes the weather may or may not have direct bearing on your life, and you have no control over it. So why would I watch that tripe that will only serve to upset me? That was the question I asked myself, and as such I have not had tv for the last few years. I can say without a doubt that my life is so much better without it. As well, it allows you to have a clear perspective on things.

2kwik4U-“Why does it seem to have been normalized to consume SOO MUCH media ALL THE TIME.......Have to be playing a game while TV is on in the background as "filler noise"”. It’s just like drinking alcohol, you are a social lepper if you don’t participate in social media and if you don’t drink or drink very little. Look at all of the adds that alcohol companies have, these adds basically show that people cannot have a good time unless you are drinking. Alcohol is another sore spot for me, fully 50% of all vehicle fatalities are alcohol related, yet they banned adds for cigarettes years ago because they are bad for you. It appears that sorosis of the liver and 25,000 deaths a year in car accidents are acceptable.

Biffdotorg-What blew me away were the folks that blindly go out and spend $25-$30k and then ask yahoos in a facebook group how to spend an additional $10K on accessories that they are truly unsure if they will ever need. GO OUT AND ENJOY IT, and then decide if you really need anything else. (that applies here as well). Couldn’t agree more with this statement. I also like how you manage your bf pages and remove those are negative from the page.

With a few notable exceptions this forum is great! I have learned so much about these boats whether it be answers to questions that I have posted or the FAQ section, The only problem with the FAQ section is that it does not play well with apple products. I’ve also made a few acquaintances here via pm’s which have also been great. Having been a moderator on a web page like this one for years I’m truly appreciative of the overall civil discourse among the members here.

My thanks to all of you long timers here who have contributed so much to this forum in all aspects. I hope to be able to bring stuff to the table that will be helpful to the membership here.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am guessing that those that have never used facebook, or sworn it off without using it, don't really understand that the ones that can't put it down, have joined far too many groups or connected to far too many friends that really should have no impact on their life.

If a person only connects to true friends, and only joins groups they are truly interested in, it will show you info from just those groups. So it's only the true devil if you allow it to be.

I have way to many personal groups to help me connect to my friends and family that I could never swear it off. For example, we have a tight knit group of weekend boaters, that have our own group for meet ups and messaging. That's a perfect tool for the medium.

On another note, I made the same style of group for snowmobile buddies. We gathered rides, trailer shares and snow conditions. It has grown to over 200 local members. And the resource is amazing for these riders and the sled clubs, motels and bars of the region. That was a productive use of this group. We have noted, at this size, we do get a few more keyboard jockeys throwing out disrespect or bad advice, but as an admin, it's easy to bump them to the curb.
Good admin is the key there. That goes for any group virtual or not.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s just like drinking alcohol, you are a social lepper if you don’t participate in social media and if you don’t drink or drink very little.
Another nail on the head comment here.

We used to be "non-drinkers" when we were on the water. It was almost fanatical religious level "No booze on the boat", then we sold that boat, went a few years, bought the Yamaha, moved, and have generated a new circle of friends. They are much more "booze all the time" than we used to be. We succumbed to the peer pressure there, and it took a toll on us. I'm up 20+lbs, Wife was up 20+lbs, and we've had a few instances where we had to ask ourselves "is this really who we are".......The most embarrassing of which came for me late last year, when, for the first time in boat ownership, I had to ask someone else to drive my truck/trailer back to the campground because I had too much to drink on the water. Wife got the boat on the trailer, buddy got my truck/trailer back to camp, and I passed out on the cabin for a day. I'm thankful my kids weren't around to see that happen.

So this year, we're separating from those friends a little. They're still friends, but we're not going to be tied nearly as tightly to them, and we'll be doing our own thing a lot more often. Likewise, we're going back to the religious "no booze on the boat". The peer pressure, and subsequent weight gain other dangers and embarrassments just isn't worth it. I fully expect I'll have to explain why I'm not drinking more than a few times this summer, and I'm almost certain I'll get tired of hearing it and will end up getting shitty with them about it. It's the right move though.

I had to do the same thing with social media years ago, and I think I'm better off for it. Hopefully I'll be better off for this as well.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't use Facebook. It isn't that I think all people on Facebook are stupid, but I do think all stupid people are on Facebook. :p
My wife says the same things about people in various groups with people asking crazy questions or providing completely inaccurate information. (Everyone is a doctor on the Internet.) I recently read that only 10% of the US population is on Twitter (zero corroboration on that), yet that's the community that is driving how, why, and what we do as a country. Ugh.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u I'm right there with you as far as not drinking much if at all while on the water. I'll have a few Dews or water mostly and maybe have an occasional beer or 2 while out but never even get to the point of even buzzed. Too much to lose, seen too many bad things happen and lost loved ones because of alcohol. I sometimes get asked by those who don't know me "no beer?" when the walk up and my response is "nope" and leave it at that. If I have to explain why to you, I don't want to be around you.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport , forum use tip.....if you use the @ and then type the person's name, they will be notified of you mentioning them (better chance at a reply).

Perhaps we should start a thread titled "The Dumb things you read on FB (no Politics please)"....there are some doosies out there!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
But funny.

I unfortunately cannot contribute though. I have never had nor will I ever have any social media of and kind whatsoever. This forum is as close as I get to social media.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Another nail on the head comment here.

We used to be "non-drinkers" when we were on the water. It was almost fanatical religious level "No booze on the boat", then we sold that boat, went a few years, bought the Yamaha, moved, and have generated a new circle of friends. They are much more "booze all the time" than we used to be. We succumbed to the peer pressure there, and it took a toll on us. I'm up 20+lbs, Wife was up 20+lbs, and we've had a few instances where we had to ask ourselves "is this really who we are".......The most embarrassing of which came for me late last year, when, for the first time in boat ownership, I had to ask someone else to drive my truck/trailer back to the campground because I had too much to drink on the water. Wife got the boat on the trailer, buddy got my truck/trailer back to camp, and I passed out on the cabin for a day. I'm thankful my kids weren't around to see that happen.

So this year, we're separating from those friends a little. They're still friends, but we're not going to be tied nearly as tightly to them, and we'll be doing our own thing a lot more often. Likewise, we're going back to the religious "no booze on the boat". The peer pressure, and subsequent weight gain other dangers and embarrassments just isn't worth it. I fully expect I'll have to explain why I'm not drinking more than a few times this summer, and I'm almost certain I'll get tired of hearing it and will end up getting shitty with them about it. It's the right move though.

I had to do the same thing with social media years ago, and I think I'm better off for it. Hopefully I'll be better off for this as well.
Thanks 2Kwik4U!!

I applaud your move to make alcohol verboten on das boot! I also whole heartedly appreciate you sharing your story about new friends, too much to drink and having to have someone else get your rig back to camp, and good on you!!!!!!!! for realizing you were not fit to drive and got a sober person to get your rig back to camp. Sounds like you put the health and well being of your family and yourself before your ego!

You know, the last time I had to explain to someone why I was not having a drink was when I was at a going away party at a restaurant, it went something like this.

Them: Hey man, why don't you have a drink?
Me: I have a drink. (me holding a bubbly glass of sprite)
Them: No I mean a real drink-says them holding their third old fashioned in an hour.
Me: This is a real drink.
Them: No, a drink with alcohol
Me: No thanks, I don't want an alcoholic beverage
Them: What's wrong with you?
Me: Well let's see, a typical DUI arrest / conviction costs about $50,000 these days, lose your license for a year, 7 years of assigned risk auto insurance, if I get in accident and it is NOT my fault, and someone dies I'll be charged with manslaughter 2, basically my life will suck after that so it's not worth it.
Them: oh yeah, right good point as they turn away, down their 3rd old fashioned to go and drive home to the wife and kids.

While I drive / captain the boat my guests are free to drink their beverage of choice, but I never have anything to drink except water or soda on my boat. I never have to worry if the coast guard comes calling for a "safety check", asks if I have been drinking, I can say no with a clear conscience.

I truly believe you will be better off with the no booze on the boat rule, just as no social media was a good choice years ago.

Again, thank you for sharing your story with all of us!!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport , forum use tip.....if you use the @ and then type the person's name, they will be notified of you mentioning them (better chance at a reply).

Perhaps we should start a thread titled "The Dumb things you read on FB (no Politics please)"....there are some doosies out there!
Thank you Julian! I wondered about that!!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, we should do that. Would be interesting and funny. Would you limit it to just boating in scope or everything? Either way, good times.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
ive noticed this as well... Even on the Jetboaters.net FB group to be honest - though that one is probably the most professional.

I am apart of a couple sea doo / jet boat owners forums local to my area and its just sad... every Listing is "nobody will buy this, price too high" or every help question is just "Should have got the faster model". Its humiliating.. I ended up leaving all facebook groups with the exception of JB.net and one small local gatherings group.

So glad i found this forum.. I wouldn't ask for help anywhere else.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ive noticed this as well... Even on the Jetboaters.net FB group to be honest - though that one is probably the most professional.

I am apart of a couple sea doo / jet boat owners forums local to my area and its just sad... every Listing is "nobody will buy this, price too high" or every help question is just "Should have got the faster model". Its humiliating.. I ended up leaving all facebook groups with the exception of JB.net and one small local gatherings group.

So glad i found this forum.. I wouldn't ask for help anywhere else.
Wait...there’s a Facebook group to talk about this forum?

And now we’re on this forum talking about a Facebook group that talks about this forum.

F#*% me, I need a drink, I’ll have @2kwik4u ’s too;)

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@2kwik4u I'm right there with you as far as not drinking much if at all while on the water. I'll have a few Dews or water mostly and maybe have an occasional beer or 2 while out but never even get to the point of even buzzed. Too much to lose, seen too many bad things happen and lost loved ones because of alcohol. I sometimes get asked by those who don't know me "no beer?" when the walk up and my response is "nope" and leave it at that. If I have to explain why to you, I don't want to be around you.
I’m usually a heavy drinker but don’t get completely crazy & don’t drive after more than a couple. I’ve got a new baby now & that’s definitely changed the rules. I may be doing a lot of explaining this summer to people not used to seeing me show restraint, but it is what it is, hopefully it doesn’t result in me needing to run anyone out of my life.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We have beer and cocktails on the boat - but our boating is all day long, with lots of water and water sports mixed in. In the back of my head is always "sip, because we still have to trailer the boat home." Also, when you have a boat with a tower and you like to blast loud music while surfing or wakeboarding, you better be prepared to get checked by the DNR, so just sip those beers.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wait...there’s a Facebook group to talk about this forum?

And now we’re on this forum talking about a Facebook group that talks about this forum.

F#*% me, I need a drink, I’ll have @2kwik4u ’s too;)
Its even funnier than that!

There is a Facebook group that is only there to point at another Facebook Group that points at the forum. ("Yamaha Jet Boaters" FB group points at "Jet Boaters (aka Jetboaters.net)" FB group - that points to the forum. LOL I even pinned on the top of "Yamaha Jet Boaters" that the page is only there so people find "Jet Boaters" and people still post on that page.

Just created a new comedy thread for crazy FB (or other Social media) platform craziness...

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ll post it on the new thread when I see it next, but another one that I see a lot on facebook boat forums is “What should I name my boat?” Usually followed by “And go!!!”

Maybe it’s just me but... it’s YOUR boat, why are you asking a bunch of strangers what to name it?!?

Also, this whole “And go” thing just goes to show how much of a departure from the real world Facebook is. If someone did that in person, at least to me, it would not end well...

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll post it on the new thread when I see it next, but another one that I see a lot on facebook boat forums is “What should I name my boat?” Usually followed by “And go!!!”

Maybe it’s just me but... it’s YOUR boat, why are you asking a bunch of strangers what to name it?!?

Also, this whole “And go” thing just goes to show how much of a departure from the real world Facebook is. If someone did that in person, at least to me, it would not end well...
My go to for that question is “Nuttin’ Special” and no, those are not quotes

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hate FB, Twitter all of them. I don’t try to go in there nearly as much as I used to and the only places I do go on there are boat or lake specific groups, so maybe 6-7 groups total. Everything else can DIAF as far as I’m concerned. Firm believer social media will be the demise of humanity. Just look at how much damage it has caused in the relatively short lifespan.