• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Facebook Groups

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I visit and contribute to a couple, well more than a couple of FB boating groups. "DIY Sailors", "Beneteau Owners Group", "Beneteau First 'S' Series Owners Group", my wife started and is admin on that group. "DIY Sailboat Interior Projects", "All Things Sailing", "Lake Champlain Sail and Cruise", "Lake Champlain Forcasts/Ice reports", Lake Champlain Boaters Club", "NMEA 2000 technical group", "JB Group", and "Vermont Foragers" I never thought a picture of a rock I found out walking the dogs would spark so many reactions. I guess it is a Vt. thing or a bad case of Cabin Fever.

20210325_072157.jpg

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As a person who devours the manual of any vehicle purchased, I always wonder why people just don't RTFM.
or question the manual, written by the makers of the product. When it comes to warranty time, will they honor the warranty if you followed the manual, or 10,000 idiots believing the last idiot.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport , forum use tip.....if you use the @ and then type the person's name, they will be notified of you mentioning them (better chance at a reply).

Perhaps we should start a thread titled "The Dumb things you read on FB (no Politics please)"....there are some doosies out there!
I swear, the election killed Facebook for me. I unfollowed a fair number of close friends that just went over the top around election time, and then all of a sudden went silent. Oh well, I unfollowed them. Maybe I can have them on my boat again this summer, as I have tried to forget about their crazy posts of stupidity and un-documented "facts"

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Its even funnier than that!

There is a Facebook group that is only there to point at another Facebook Group that points at the forum. ("Yamaha Jet Boaters" FB group points at "Jet Boaters (aka Jetboaters.net)" FB group - that points to the forum. LOL I even pinned on the top of "Yamaha Jet Boaters" that the page is only there so people find "Jet Boaters" and people still post on that page.

Just created a new comedy thread for crazy FB (or other Social media) platform craziness...

And what's up with the "official" yamaha jetboat pages that pop up with one dude posting photos and that's it. But thousands of lemmings jump on it thinking it's "official" only to find, there is really nothing yamaha related on there, but boat memes.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@biffdotorg Yup, I saw that page and tried to figure out why I wasn't seeing really anything with substance.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That one dude pretty much uses it as his free advertising for his dealership lol.

BradGoins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not a facebooker here but the wife is.

We watched "The Social Dilemma" a few weeks ago and have started reducing our social media time. If you haven't watched it, its pretty scary some of the things they talk about.

Makes me want to leave all technologies on land and head out on the water.

watdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Friend Face - never had an account, and I never will - same goes for InstaChat and SnapGram.

I have nothing against technology (carry a 5G smart Phone, good amount of experience with electronic/computer hardware, networking, programming routers and etc.).
Fan of "The IT crowd"?

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aaand just came across another “I just spent $20k, what do I do now” post lol. I had done well with mostly cutting FB out, but unfortunately I’ve had too much time to kill lately and for better or worse, it’s effective at doing that. I’ve only posted to groups lately though, don’t need friends/family knowing I’m around.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm being lectured by a dude about how wrong and unnecessary the dvsr mod is. He is apparently an aviation tech so he must be right.

C86A0A73-B7B9-4530-BEF0-2363BED1D2A8.png
3AE2B682-69E5-449A-A631-8286A4BC5AE3.png
D3D60C3D-9005-48B1-8CF3-1D50F387B5FF.png
EA9E87E3-2A48-44C3-A48D-B0B81BC4CA9E.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tabbibus I'm a theory guy. I'm REALLY REALLY big on theory. HOWEVER, when you have a whole thread of people saying "I did that and it doesn't work" then you have to go back and reexamine the theory and adjust your stance.

Hope his airplane batteries charge :D

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm being lectured by a dude about how wrong and unnecessary the dvsr mod is. He is apparently an aviation tech so he must be right.
I saw that one, I didn't quite get the conversation at all. DVSR is for the charging system from the motor. And a multi-bank Noco works with or without DVSR as it's connected directly to the batteries. What did I miss? Or is it not worth re-hashing? I'm guessing there was a mis-communication as to how the Noco was connected. As some folks put a single bank Noco upstream of the DVSR and allow it to pass out the power to the bank in question. Others use a multi-bank Noco (or other brand) and connect it directly to the batteries and allow it to pass out the power to the bank in need. Seems pretty straight forward.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw that one, I didn't quite get the conversation at all. DVSR is for the charging system from the motor. And a multi-bank Noco works with or without DVSR as it's connected directly to the batteries. What did I miss? Or is it not worth re-hashing? I'm guessing there was a mis-communication as to how the Noco was connected. As some folks put a single bank Noco upstream of the DVSR and allow it to pass out the power to the bank in question. Others use a multi-bank Noco (or other brand) and connect it directly to the batteries and allow it to pass out the power to the bank in need. Seems pretty straight forward.
DVSR is effectively a big cable connecting your two batteries when the DVSR kicks on.
I don’t care how smart the charger is, electricity flows through big cables when it has the option. You have one bank when the DVSR is on.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
DVSR is effectively a big cable connecting your two batteries when the DVSR kicks on.
I don’t care how smart the charger is, electricity flows through big cables when it has the option. You have one bank when the DVSR is on.
And anyone who hasn't done the DVSR mod won't know the difference UNLESS they are trying to charge both batteries quickly. Most of them will just plug in their on board charger and come back the next day to discover that both batteries are fully charged - not knowing that it did it via ONE side of their dual bank charger. Do they care....probably not.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, the Yamaha Facebook groups get better and better. This moron buys a 275 and asks "when should I get the maintenance done"? Tell him to read his manual, he gets ornery and says he's going to report me to my employer that he found on LinkedIn. Okay BroMontana, lol.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, there are some characters out there.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is the only social media’ish website that I frequent. I’ve never been on MyFaceTubeGramTok and don’t see that changing anytime soon. My job forces me to be tied to my phone way too much or I would back off on that thing to.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately, in my career, I have to come into contact with the social media platforms. Not fun.

But, lately I have been using the Yamaha Facebook groups to groom my self restraint. I have only answered one post ever on there. But now I may just peruse through them and see how much will power I have not to respond to some of those comments and straighten someone out. :)

On the other side, you never know what I may find that I could use or need that someone is selling for the boat.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man, the Yamaha Facebook groups get better and better. This moron buys a 275 and asks "when should I get the maintenance done"? Tell him to read his manual, he gets ornery and says he's going to report me to my employer that he found on LinkedIn. Okay BroMontana, lol.
I was super annoyed at that. I even posted a link to the manual and page number (I should really stop helping these people), dude’s wife got mad at me eventually for agreeing with you and finally deleted the whole thread.

This was the same guy who bought the boat then asked everyone if it’s reliable and if he should anticipate problems.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Quad Must be nice to go through life with money falling out of your ass and just float about........