• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FANGS for Cobra Venoms - first impressions

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thank you Tom , I am running out of those once again, people are loving the power steering and accurate reverse control .
So speedling what has the old steering got to do with the newest? The old steering was not selectable or adjustable it was a fixed system and yet many thousands of people loved them . Actually many are still using them. I see a lot of them on boats up on their lifts when I go out cruising around. So I guess those people are still happy with their purchase.
Honestly I would love for them to upgrade to the latest and greatest but what they have is working for them .
With my latest steering systems the customer gets to select the exact amount of influence the system delivers, and they get to choose how it operates.
It's got something for nearly everyone minimum influence to maximum influence, all time to part time and it can be upgraded to accept the fangs for improved reverse control and a power steering effect as Tom just commented on, everyone wants something different, so I am quite happy for you that you like the loose feel of the stock boat that's great but it seems to be a diminishing group of people as the new jet boats provide a great boating experience and a family experience that has brought the jetboating market back to life.
Most people today don't care for the stock jet boat feel so I fix the issue for them.
I like hearing from my customers and it keeps me focused , this is what I have done for the past 15 years, improving the jet boating experience a for thousands of jet boat owners who wan it fixed.
So people keep the feedback coming please I certainly appreciate it.
I was more thinking or mentioning it because 4 fins on a little boat like that is pretty extreme if ya think about it.
They worked great though and i love love love the new innovations!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Cool , I liked the high speed on the spot turns that the fins provided I still love that on my skies.
15 years of experience it just keeps getting better

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi ALL,

First post but loooong time fan of boating. Bought a 2015 SX192 last July. Absolutely love it. Perfect for my wife and I. As with all jet drives steering takes some getting used to. Not wanting to mess around I installed The Thrust Vectors. Made a huge difference! Lately I notice my steering felt loose . Come to find out one of the screws in the bracket pulled out from the plastic fin. Very disappointing. Examining the quality and assembly of the product I understood why. I did not re-install them.

Instead I purchased the Cobra Ultimate steering package with the Fangs. OMG!!!! This setup is awesome. Talk about "bite", this can toss people out of the boat on a sharp turn. The fact that these are adjustable and the fangs are always in the water makes this possible. These are not made of plastic and do not flex like the Vectors. These take that skidding feeling away when turning and riding over other boat wakes. Also, backing up is now much more responsive. Wish I would have known about these sooner; could have saved some $$$.

Not trying to sound like a salesman as I am not. I am a super happy customer, bragging and acknowledging about a product that WORKS! And now, doesn't need to think about steering (so easy a caveman could do it!).

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Exactly!!!

upload_2016-7-27_15-57-47.png

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered my Fangs a while back and never got around to installing them, until this past week. If you don't have them, you are missing out. This is the best innovation to these boats since Jeff first developed steering fins! I cant say enough about them. You can literally take your hands off the wheel, and go in a straight line, while drinking a bee....er a soda. My girlfriend can drive the boat effortlessly, now. This is my 4th Yamaha boat, all have had Cobra fins on them, and I have no experience with any other brand of fins, so I have nothing negative to say about any of the others, but I will always stick with Jeff's Cobra Steering. He is truly an innovator!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the ultimates by our second weekend. Huge difference that it has made. I don't get to drive the boat much my wife wants to drive so I let her and I get to drink beer. She is getting used to the boat, then she mentioned she wished it had more control in reverse. I bought the fangs and put them on and didn't tell her. She backed off the trailer and picked me up. She asked if I did something to the boat because reverse felt way different. I just told her that she is getting better and a better feel. She is still having g small trailering issues but we keep lake hopping.

When I get to drive I can definately feeling the power steering feel. Now I just need to set the fins to the always down position.