• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Favorite Summer Beer?

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Creature Comforts Tropicalia. My absolute favorite beer at the moment.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This has been mine this summer. Cam.
2016 Aug 1 Beer Opener s.JPG

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cold......

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I do not drink beer on the boat...but if I did I would drink this. Plenty of time for drinking after.0927161942.jpg

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cold......lol

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No other way than cold.:thumbsup:

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Resurrecting this thread as the season is near! My choice (for now, subject to change) is any authentic DunkelWeiss. I am already a psychotic fan of German beer and a recent trip to Munich, for the Oktoberfest, introduced me to the Dunkels (no, not Game of Thrones 'Dinklage', lol). It's the low bitterness I like as I am not an IPA fan. For those unfamiliar, here is a quick description from the interwebs:
Description:
Similar to a Hefeweizen, these southern Germany wheat beers are brewed as darker versions (Dunkel means "dark") with deliciously complex malts and a low balancing bitterness. Most are brown and murky (from the yeast).

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will drink almost anything but IPAs
They dont taste like beer to me

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Due to some silly doctor saying I neeed silly medicine due to damn migraines after having meningitis I can't drink too much...but when I do I prefer...land shark

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Resurrecting this thread as the season is near! My choice (for now, subject to change) is any authentic DunkelWeiss. I am already a psychotic fan of German beer and a recent trip to Munich, for the Oktoberfest, introduced me to the Dunkels (no, not Game of Thrones 'Dinklage', lol). It's the low bitterness I like as I am not an IPA fan. For those unfamiliar, here is a quick description from the interwebs:
Description:
Similar to a Hefeweizen, these southern Germany wheat beers are brewed as darker versions (Dunkel means "dark") with deliciously complex malts and a low balancing bitterness. Most are brown and murky (from the yeast).
Fond memories and lack of memory due to Octoberfests when I was in Germany as a young man. IPAs do seem to have an unfair amount of shelf space. Dunkels are great and I will have to try to find a six pack this summer. I am currently enjoying amber lagers when I allow myself the pleasure of beer and still love grapefruit ipa or shandys on the boat.

YamahaForMe

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Description:
The dunkel weiss Bier is, in my opinion, much better than the 'regular' weiss Bier. I am a German beer fan, but prefer straight dunkel... Hof Brau Haus dunkel. For Helles, Augustiner Helles is the best.

Spent 18 months living in Munich in the late 90's. Wish I could remember how I got home from the Oktoberfest :)

Steve

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Islamorada Beer Co. makes my favorites for on the water. Sandbar Sunday and Citrus Ale. Hard to find though.

Attachments

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
My favorite beer is actually rum.....that said, I do not mix booze with boats. Passengers....no problem. I'm driving? I don't even touch the boat once I've had one.

I'm a professional sailor in the RCN, even when our ships were 'wet' at sea, I never drank when we were off the wall. Foreign ports? Lookout....I have a nice souvenir fire-hydrant from Boston....but when I'm driving? nope.

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My favorite beer is actually rum.....that said, I do not mix booze with boats. Passengers....no problem. I'm driving? I don't even touch the boat once I've had one.

If I am pulling a tube, skis or wakeboard, I wouldnt even think of havi g any alcohol. Shoot, if I gave any kids or teenagers on the boat I dont either. But if its just me and my wife or some friends, i will allow myself one and only one if we're at a sandbar or beached. Just not worth it!

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great thread. I don't think I've ever had a beer on the boat, but my fave beers for waterfront chillin' at home are Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Blue Moon, a local one called Squatch Ale by Chaos Mountain Brewing Company and most recently, I've discovered Fresh Squeezed IPA from Deschutes Brewery. I also like Fat Tire.