• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FINALLY! THE ULTIMATE WINTERIZATION VIDEO HAS ARRIVED

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My favorite is the Stah - Bill.... LMAO!

cabbie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Having your same concerns, last year only fogged through the cylinders. This year I said screw it. Why would the Yamaha service tech bulletin to do it if it was harmful to the engine. They even say to do it at intervals throughout the season. I'll let you know in the Spring...lol
Leojay,
Thanks for the bulletin. Now to figure out how to clear the fault code generated when following the procedure outlined.
cabbie

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Resurrecting this thread merely to ask a question to the members that use antifreeze. Do you pinch off the intake line as posted in the video? Why or why not?

twentiesforever

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm trying to get anti-freeze into the engines and Im confused. Does a gravity system work, does the engine create a vacuum, or does it have to be pumped in with pressure?

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm trying to get anti-freeze into the engines and Im confused. Does a gravity system work, does the engine create a vacuum, or does it have to be pumped in with pressure?
Yes, it requires pressure. Not sure of needed psi but we used an electric pump in the video. I have also used a small drill pump to do the job.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have used this setup which just uses gravity.
You will need to pinch off the feed hose from the pump. Because it will just flow out the back. When you see antifreeze come out the exhaust your done

20171029_101637.jpg

Last edited:

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Like Ken4motion said, it does require pressure. Probably more pressure the better to insure it makes it up to the top of the engine. But these are self draining engines so even if you just get it through the exhaust portion you should be good, that is the only area where it seems water will pool and not fully drain. Sell unit by letter "E" in illustration.

Attachments

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is another view..

Attachments

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man, I got up this morning to 38 degrees. Watched this video and felt like a wimp. I could not do ya'll's temperatures. Good video! Glad us boys down south don't have to worry about some of that stuff.
Papa

Soapstop

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Re: Fogging the motors: Yeah, I talked to my service guys locally here, Yamaha dealers. I asked them to fog the motors as part of the winterization package. They said "We don't fog the motors anymore. We can do it if you insist, but we don't do it for 4 stroke motors. We don't believe it needs it at all". I'm not sure I totally believe they know what they are doing, based on some of the other things that they have screwed up on my 212X. It makes me think that next year, I'm going back to doing all of this myself, and/or find someone I can trust. Planning on posting a whole "don't let this happen to you" kind of new thread soon. It was something from a comedy/horror show.

MNJets

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thats right Yamapeeps this is the most comprehensive winterization video ever made. It covers everything from your engine to your bilge pump, to your hull and trailer. This video is part documentary and part comedy filmed "NY style". So grab a drink and something to eat while you laugh and learn how to care for your favorite toy.

Enjoyed the video and is straightforward. My boat stays covered in a shed up in Minnesota all winter - brutal winters. I'm thinking of running antifreeze through the bilge pump when it's disconnected. I have a 212X so it has 3 ballasts. I'll have to figure out how to fully drain, flush, and winterize the lines and pumps going to the ballasts. I didn't fill the ballasts this year because I only used the new boat for 1 weekend. Does it make sense to pour antifreeze on the floor of the boat so it makes its way to the bilge pump and ultimately to the drain? Remove any residual water? Good info regarding the trailer as I don't pay much attention to the trailers I own.