• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishing in Bimini

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome! We just wanted to make one meal of them.
Ice I assume is sold somewhere near?
bait?
is there a cleaning station?
Ice and bait sold at the main office. Cleaning stations are located throught the marina.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome! We just wanted to make one meal of them.
Ice I assume is sold somewhere near?
bait?
is there a cleaning station?
Bimini Sands has a store that sells ice and bait. I bought one pack of squid there last year. Many people bought bait when we fueled up in Fort Lauderdale.

There are cleaning areas on the docks.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
oh and meant to add... that @upperdeck dude is a serious fisherman too :winkingthumbsup" look at that fish
That was a 56.5" Wahoo !
That fish has a pretty FUNNY/PAINFUL story that goes with it as well as a certain degree of danger...
We caught it in 2013, I believe on that cedar plug that is on the rod that Jeff is holding. It was way back behind the boat.
I ended up reeling it in after 30 seconds of it peeling line out when my wife had the rod. It took a little while to get it boatside and in the boat.
BUT BOY DID IT TASTE GREAT !!!
:):):)

Last edited:

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How many does a 56.5 Wahoo feed? :)

Never tasted Wahoo

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought (2) Penn Battle II's a 4000 and a 6000 and (2) Penn Squall Level Wind Trolling Rod/Reel's just for this trip.. I am also bringing some of my heavier bass equipment, and a Shimano Surf Rod/Reel

Got a wide array of Cedar Plugs, birds, and Trolling Lures..

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, with some of you guys fishing...what are the wives/girlfriends doing. My wife is concerned (has stressed), she's not going over to go out fishing. Do the "ladies" stick together and do things (lay out, drink) during the fishing hours?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok, with some of you guys fishing...what are the wives/girlfriends doing. My wife is concerned (has stressed), she's not going over to go out fishing. Do the "ladies" stick together and do things (lay out, drink) during the fishing hours?
The ladies in my boat like to fish so they stay with us. Even if my wife didn't fish she would be on the boat enjoying being on the water. However if there were somewhere to shop, thank goodness there isn't, she would probably be shopping.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and her sister will more than likely be asleep when I go fishing at 6AM, when I return around 10 or so we will go find the rest of the boats.. Other than that they will be around the pool.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and her sister will more than likely be asleep when I go fishing at 6AM, when I return around 10 or so we will go find the rest of the boats.. Other than that they will be around the pool.
Well @Bruce has offered to assist myself and 13 year old son in fishing. I would not mind getting with you while out there to learn some techniques and ideas. Slep is not an issue for me...Its normal for us military guys :)

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well @Bruce has offered to assist myself and 13 year old son in fishing. I would not mind getting with you while out there to learn some techniques and ideas. Slep is not an issue for me...Its normal for us military guys :)
It will likely only be my BIL and myself on the early morning trolling runs.. you are welcome to tag along.. I dont start drinking until noon.. so as long as you are ok with that...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@upperdeck and @tim h had the best success trolling at dusk, that is when they caught the wahoo, that's not to say trolling first thing in the morning won't be successful. As for reef fishing we had good success in the middle of the day.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may make an evening run if the morning runs dont play out..

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not an early riser.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is not exactly how I did it but a good video of fileting yellowtail snapper.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I may make an evening run if the morning runs dont play out..
For us an evening trolling run will turn into a booze cruise if we don't catch fish, so it not a wasted trip.

One thing my buddy and I have talked about is if nothing is running, like what happened to us last year, we will troll with shinny spoons to catch baracuda. We would catch them for a good fight not for eating and throw them back.

@tim h caught the wahoo in 2013 not in 2014.