• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Foam Flooring Mats

Steve73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am thinking of going the DIY route for putting in Marine Mats. I think someone posted that they used this (see amazon link), but I can't find the post. Anyone use this stuff? Curious how well it has held up, easy to install (looks like its just cut and paste) and how many rolls they used?

Huh, interesting. Nice price.

Yeah, I think I saw someone on here post that they did it, but can't find it. Curious how well it has held up. Reviews are pretty good.

Huh, interesting. Nice price.
I see your boat in your picture has the Jetboat Pilot Marine Mat Kit. How does that work with the carpet snap ins on the deck? Does it have cut outs around them? Or do you remove them and just cover them up?

I removed them. They screw out with a philips screwdriver. Then you fill in the holes and the mat goes over them. We love the upgraded mat.

There are two ways, most people on this forum generally fill the holes.
1) fill them with 4200/5200 from 3M and then just put the mat over it.
2) What I did was, get some Gelcoat Patch, matching the white from Spectrum, and I filled in the snap holes, then sanded. Can't even tell there where holes there. Then put the mat over it.

Here is my complete thread on it. Recommend reading through it.

My concern is that the 1/4” mat is really thin. I would look for a thicker product or just buy from JBP.

I think I inspired jet boat pilot too with my first DYI hydro turf project. Check the date on this post.

you should be able to easily calculate how many rolls of material you need by marking paper templates and measuring them. Sometimes lining up the patterns between parts can be challenging.

D369801F-3DF0-4350-9AE8-FE498397A166.png38E982BD-169C-4F08-8A76-755F74BF68B8.png

My concern is that the 1/4” mat is really thin. I would look for a thicker product or just buy from JBP.

IIRC, the SeaDek that Will used to sell was 6mm, or even 5mm. My DIY SeaDek was 5mm, and it's more comfortable underfoot than the OEM Marine Mat that came on the swim platform.

The single largest issue with that linked stuff is that it will never look "finished" without the outer ring that a kit offers, and it's my belief that is why it's priced as low as it is. They know it's not likely to be used for anything other than basic shapes, or repairs.

Look for any of the embossed mats as a better solution, as you don't have to worry about matching the lines, and the edges look finished as long as you have decent cuts.

I did the Aqua Camo SeaDek, and you might be able to see the finish in some of my pics, any questions about my install may be answered in my thread, or ask away. The solid colors, IIRC, might be less, or available in more convenient sizes than my pattern.

you should be able to easily calculate how many rolls of material you need by marking paper templates and measuring them

An app/program that will help tremendously is Cut List Optimizer.

It will help to lessen waste, figure out what to buy and how many, and all you need is a tape measure and something to keep track of all the measurements.

It's a phone app, and they also have a web-based version

What about this option.
That’s a great price, especially if they offer different color options. As I recall black tip material is a lot like hydro turf and the black tip name is a west marine brand. They used to offer water shoes and fishing gear as well. Once upon a time they’re wee eBay users that offered supplemental interior black tip kits .

FYI In addition to engines SBT also offers impellers and rental / loaner tools

Back