• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH Transducer mounting option

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hello,
I haven't seen any degradation over the last 84 hours of primarily salt water use, beaching the boat and hitting the shallows. Where it is mounted there doesn't appear to be any turbulence that interferes with the signal. Before I mounted it I wasn't really knowledgeable about transducers, just what I read. I had not seen anyone do the same thing I had done yet. Using the seaboard to push the transducer about 1.5" away from the keel helped to get it away from turbulence I think. Any further away and it risked being the weak point.
I wrapped the cabling to protect it from wear/tear, fish hooks, etc. and used two points to secure the transducer cable for strength.
When I mounted the transducer, I used a jack to push it against the hull for 24 hours for the best result. I wasn't shy about using the epoxy and liquid nails.
Good luck!

Hotreels10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hello,
I haven't seen any degradation over the last 84 hours of primarily salt water use, beaching the boat and hitting the shallows. Where it is mounted there doesn't appear to be any turbulence that interferes with the signal. Before I mounted it I wasn't really knowledgeable about transducers, just what I read. I had not seen anyone do the same thing I had done yet. Using the seaboard to push the transducer about 1.5" away from the keel helped to get it away from turbulence I think. Any further away and it risked being the weak point.
I wrapped the cabling to protect it from wear/tear, fish hooks, etc. and used two points to secure the transducer cable for strength.
When I mounted the transducer, I used a jack to push it against the hull for 24 hours for the best result. I wasn't shy about using the epoxy and liquid nails.
Good luck!
Thank you for the quick response. I have a Garmin with the same transducer that you have so I'm highly considering the method you used. I did run across a mounting plate called Stern Saver that is held in place by epoxy. I'm considering it also in case I update my unit down the road all I would have to do to swap out transducers would be to unscrew it from the plate. Thanks again for your input.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
No worries. Love this kind of stuff.
I did use a stern saver on the stern. The only hole I drilled was just above the water line where the swim deck curves up to feed the cable into the hull near the fish net storage box. The transducer cable went down to stern saver, which was below the water line and held by epoxy.There I used two screws to hold the cable and made a sharp turn under the keel to the transducer itself. No holes drilled into the hull below the waterline was my goal.

Cord9571

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
From my research I read that you cannot put anything in front of the intake grate. That would interfere w the intake hydraulics...
I was curious to put it here because others have had success mounting the transducer closer to the keel without any problems. If it doesn't work, back to the drawing board. But at least I can create a post on not what to do. It only cost me a precious day off. :)

I really want to get this side scan working w 1 transducer. It would be sweet if it works.
Did you have a good SI and DI with mounting in this location? I would like to mount the same way.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Did you have a good SI and DI with mounting in this location? I would like to mount the same way.
Yes, all worked great. Some bubbles when coming off plane in hard deceleration. Just for a couple of seconds though. I recommend it. I tapped into the bottom as you can see. Filled all holes with marine caulk. Nice groove to run the wire. Maybe the newer transducers are smaller. Even better...
DD658235-5566-4EBA-A2A7-701A99355674.jpegD9A701BF-222D-4B92-8406-DA47358CB966.jpeg88DB9890-0DC6-4BF1-ADB9-B5D264C4B66B.jpegC7B7E6EF-B977-44AA-A849-945456494245.jpegEEAFA5B4-D4DD-48D2-B3FA-B6FDCC0BD3F0.jpeg990A1788-7BDD-4E29-A862-5CC843BD6A12.jpeg

Towboy88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I want to use a shoot thru the hull transducer, Pros and Cons if any of you have any? Thanks

craustill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No worries. Love this kind of stuff.
I did use a stern saver on the stern. The only hole I drilled was just above the water line where the swim deck curves up to feed the cable into the hull near the fish net storage box. The transducer cable went down to stern saver, which was below the water line and held by epoxy.There I used two screws to hold the cable and made a sharp turn under the keel to the transducer itself. No holes drilled into the hull below the waterline was my goal.
This is the way I went also, but have not run my cable yet. You have any pictures?