• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin 94 sv+ FSH 210 install and Transducer works great

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It will be completely submerged. Just needs to be in that clean laminar flow of water that is spilling off the edge of the transom. The deeper you get the more turbulence. Too high and it gets air bubble. Also angle the after edge of the transducer down about 5mm from the forward end
I looked at your picture and recalled why there were problems when I previously mounted the transducer on the transom. There's a small step a few inches from the transom that caused me issues with depth readings above 20 knots. I think it creates turbulence. Any ideas on the best placement with that sort of step? You can see the drain plug on it. I don't see a similar step on your 210.

Attachments

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
motomandan will probably get pics before I do but if I get out there today I'll shoot you some. I'm not sure if the 210 will have the same layout.

Long story short: Drilled a hole under the swim deck above the water line, pulled the cable under and around the bucket holder (which you have to remove to gain access to the swim deck underneath), into a pre-drilled access hole into the engine compartment, along the engine compartment above the throttle cable, make a left turn to the cable harness hole, feed through the hole, lift up the access plate over the fuel tanks (under your feet as you stand at the helm), drop under the console where you'll see a small slit that feeds into the changing room, and then up to your chartplotter.

Here's a link to one thread I was looking at when doing the install.

When you attach the cable to the chartplotter, make sure the weight below the connection is being held up by a support of some sort: cable tie, small hook, etc. You don't want that cable constantly tugging on the connection. The boat vibrates underway and when you hit wakes and waves, that cable can slowly deteriorate the connections.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
motomandan will probably get pics before I do but if I get out there today I'll shoot you some. I'm not sure if the 210 will have the same layout.

Long story short: Drilled a hole under the swim deck above the water line, pulled the cable under and around the bucket holder (which you have to remove to gain access to the swim deck underneath), into a pre-drilled access hole into the engine compartment, along the engine compartment above the throttle cable, make a left turn to the cable harness hole, feed through the hole, lift up the access plate over the fuel tanks (under your feet as you stand at the helm), drop under the console where you'll see a small slit that feeds into the changing room, and then up to your chartplotter.

Here's a link to one thread I was looking at when doing the install.

When you attach the cable to the chartplotter, make sure the weight below the connection is being held up by a support of some sort: cable tie, small hook, etc. You don't want that cable constantly tugging on the connection. The boat vibrates underway and when you hit wakes and waves, that cable can slowly deteriorate the connections.
I am not going to be home till late. The 210 is little different. Sounds like a good install! Nice of everyone to help each other!

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I looked at your picture and recalled why there were problems when I previously mounted the transducer on the transom. There's a small step a few inches from the transom that caused me issues with depth readings above 20 knots. I think it creates turbulence. Any ideas on the best placement with that sort of step? You can see the drain plug on it. I don't see a similar step on your 210.
mount it on the lip below and forward of where it was before . about where the bunk ends. you may need to modify the bracket. its all a little bit guesswork

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
mount it on the lip below and forward of where it was before . about where the bunk ends. you may need to modify the bracket. its all a little bit guesswork
That'll be tricky, especially with the clearance of that lip being only about 1.5" high or so. If I can get enough real estate to mount the bracket is the problem. It will end up dropping the whole transducer into the water rather than even with it. Same problems I was having before and saw most others have had. I'll see what I can come up with and let you know!

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
top of the transducer should be level with the bottom on the inboard side

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did anyone post a YouTube video of how they installed their transducer? Just got my 210 yesterday and getting ready to get started.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The best I could get with that step being so close to the bunks. I didn't think of that beforehand. The bunk would hit the mount of the transducer. Bummer. But I angled it down and left room for up and down adjustment. We'll see how it does at 20 + knots.

Attachments

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Probably going be turbulence. Just slide dont put boat all the way on next time. Then adjust roller stop back inch or so

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Probably going be turbulence. Just slide dont put boat all the way on next time. Then adjust roller stop back inch or so
I'll try it out first and see about the turbulence. Last time it was about 1" higher and the issues came up at 20 knots. I'm giving it a 50% change of success ;). That step is the whole problem and when I looked at mounting it on the step the whole transducer was way below the straight edge of the hull. The
Yamaha did not make the 190 for these!

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Here is the cable route I was talking about yesterday:
Under the swimdeck

Around the bait bucket

Into the engine compartment (you'll see the blue connector of the cable)

Behind the engine to the cable harness

Over the fuel tank

And into the center console! You're done.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone have Trim tabs and a transducer? Just wondering if they interfere with transducer?

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Anyone have Trim tabs and a transducer? Just wondering if they interfere with transducer?
I'm going to have to admit that I've never seen trim tabs on a Yamaha jet boat. Maybe it's due to the nature of their jet boat design? I did a cursory search online and it appears they are rare and on specialized jet boats.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Foobar and I believe @swatski have trim tabs on theirs. I’m pretty sure there are a few others on this board.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Foobar and I believe @swatski have trim tabs on theirs. I’m pretty sure there are a few others on this board.
That's pretty interesting to know. I've never seen them at the boat shows on Yamaha boats. I'd be interested on what their advantages are for a jet boat and if they're aftermarket or an option from Yamaha? You always learn new things here.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Same advantages any other boat has with tabs. Yamaha does not offer them as an option, they are all aftermarket.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Same advantages any other boat has with tabs. Yamaha does not offer them as an option, they are all aftermarket.
My impression with jet boats was how quickly they got to plane and stayed on it without trim tabs. But now I'm imagining if you're piloting a jet boat with more weight from people, equipment, etc. towards the aft portion of the boat, I can see how the advantages would certainly be there. Thanks.