• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin 94 sv+ FSH 210 install and Transducer works great

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My impression with jet boats was how quickly they got to plane and stayed on it without trim tabs. But now I'm imagining if you're piloting a jet boat with more weight from people, equipment, etc. towards the aft portion of the boat, I can see how the advantages would certainly be there. Thanks.
In addition to the situation you mentioned I believe in rough water they will help the boat “act” like a larger boat, smoothing out the ride. Again, I have no personal experience, but the results I’ve heard about are mostly positive.

The Good Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
top of the transducer should be level with the bottom on the inboard side
Hey Motomandan,

Just wanted to confirm your transducer works in the location you described above? Top of ducer level with bottom of inboard side of boat bottom? I’m installing the exact same setup and location but garmin’s instruction say bottom of transducer center, level with bottom of boat. The difference in these 2 locations are pretty substantial considering there’s only about 7/8th of inch up/down adjustment in the bracket slots.
Thx!

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Motomandan,

Just wanted to confirm your transducer works in the location you described above? Top of ducer level with bottom of inboard side of boat bottom? I’m installing the exact same setup and location but garmin’s instruction say bottom of transducer center, level with bottom of boat. The difference in these 2 locations are pretty substantial considering there’s only about 7/8th of inch up/down adjustment in the bracket slots.
Thx!
Make sure it is located where I showed in the pics. Nice laminar flow no turbulence. It wont need much adjustment if any.

The Good Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Make sure it is located where I showed in the pics. Nice laminar flow no turbulence. It wont need much adjustment if any.

It’s close. It might be a little to the left of yours. I tried to center between ride plate and hull chine.

Valentru

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed a Garmin 94 sv+ in my new FSH 210. Works great all the way to max speed , except in corners or reverse. I am very happy with the way it all turned out. Transducer is mounter parallel to the waterline just outboard of the aft end of the ride plate. I used a straightedge from the boat bottom to align the top edge of the transducer on the side towards the centerline of the boat. Making sure when you drill the holes in the bracket you are centered allowing adjustment up or down as needed using 5200 on the screws. During the first trial it lost the bottom at 28 mph. I lowered the aft end of the transducer 5mm on the next try. Works perfect all the way to maximum speed! I drilled a hole for the transducer cable adjacent to the Port jet shifter cable using the supplied clamshell and 5200 to seal the cable penetration and ran the cable in the wire race with the shift cable to the console.

View attachment 91218View attachment 91219View attachment 91220
I installed a Garmin 94 sv+ in my new FSH 210. Works great all the way to max speed , except in corners or reverse. I am very happy with the way it all turned out. Transducer is mounter parallel to the waterline just outboard of the aft end of the ride plate. I used a straightedge from the boat bottom to align the top edge of the transducer on the side towards the centerline of the boat. Making sure when you drill the holes in the bracket you are centered allowing adjustment up or down as needed using 5200 on the screws. During the first trial it lost the bottom at 28 mph. I lowered the aft end of the transducer 5mm on the next try. Works perfect all the way to maximum speed! I drilled a hole for the transducer cable adjacent to the Port jet shifter cable using the supplied clamshell and 5200 to seal the cable penetration and ran the cable in the wire race with the shift cable to the console.

View attachment 91218View attachment 91219
Thx Motomandan. The Garmn 94sv specs say outer dimension is 11.4 inches wide. Was this the model you installed in console and were there any issues with space when cutting out template?

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thx Motomandan. The Garmn 94sv specs say outer dimension is 11.4 inches wide. Was this the model you installed in console and were there any issues with space when cutting out template?
Not at all!

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
mount it on the lip below and forward of where it was before . about where the bunk ends. you may need to modify the bracket. its all a little bit guesswork
Final outcome: The transducer mount location did work okay...up until about 25 knots, and then it seemed to freeze, get the depth, and then blink, and then freeze. Whereas before, when it was mounted aft of the intake, it worked all the time.

The main irritation was the fact that in reverse, so many bubbles got in the way of the transducer, I could not tell depth while backing or maneuvering near a dock. So, I just put it back on the plate I had previously mounted and all is well in the world again!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@motomandan does yours work in reverse in that location?

@Grover70 can you post a photo of where you mounted yours and can confirm it works in reverse too?

Are we all talking about the Garmin GT51 transducer? What sort of max depth are you guys getting for fish finding?

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@motomandan does yours work in reverse in that location?

@Grover70 can you post a photo of where you mounted yours and can confirm it works in reverse too?

Are we all talking about the Garmin GT51 transducer? What sort of max depth are you guys getting for fish finding?
No mine does not work in reverse. I saw no need in that.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No mine does not work in reverse. I saw no need in that.
We were doing some deep drop fishing off Bimini in 600-1000 feet of water with 8lb weights in a a decent current. To keep the lines straight once dropped I had to reverse which immediately killed the fishfinder view.....perhaps I'll need to learn to drive forward with the current???

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Final outcome: The transducer mount location did work okay...up until about 25 knots, and then it seemed to freeze, get the depth, and then blink, and then freeze. Whereas before, when it was mounted aft of the intake, it worked all the time.

The main irritation was the fact that in reverse, so many bubbles got in the way of the transducer, I could not tell depth while backing or maneuvering near a dock. So, I just put it back on the plate I had previously mounted and all is well in the world again!
just need back angled down a bit.

billycr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

View attachment 91218View attachment 91219View attachment 91220
Does this work with side image. It looks like the keel would block the starboard side

billycr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks I will be installing one soon

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is where I mounted my transducer. I have no issues at all. Works at WOT and in reverse. I only wish I splurged on a larger monitor... It works good, but would be better if bigger. 🤷‍♂️

20190627_105211.jpg
20190627_072632.jpg20190627_072714.jpg

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is where I mounted my transducer. I have no issues at all. Works at WOT and in reverse. I only wish I splurged on a larger monitor... It works good, but would be better if bigger. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 103039
View attachment 103037View attachment 103038
Very surprised it works in reverse there (perhaps depth only, but not fish finder). Also does this have side scanning?

You really want to have the cable entering the boat at or above the water line. What is all that white stuff???? A good through hull fitting to seal it as well!

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very surprised it works in reverse there (perhaps depth only, but not fish finder). Also does this have side scanning?

You really want to have the cable entering the boat at or above the water line. What is all that white stuff???? A good through hull fitting to seal it as well!
No Issues at all. I only have down scanning (no side). I thought long and hard when choosing this location (may have even taken a nap under the boat while pondering). I tried to take into account of how I use the boat and how the water will flow under different uses.

As far as the cable entry point, I also pondered that as well, but unless one was to run the cable around and above the swim deck for the entry point, then everything below the swim deck is usually in the water so to me was a moot point. I chose this location as it leaves the least amount of cable on the exterior of the hull and no need for cable fasteners (screws) to dress the cable on its path to the entry point. It is in a semi protected area to prevent (hopefully) anything from snagging the cable. I drilled the hole just big enough for the cable and connector to fit through and dressed the slack up into the head. After making sure I had enough cable, I used JB Water Weld to fill the hole around the cable. After "kneading the dough", I formed it into about a 3" x 1/2" snake/rope and wrapped it around to the cable to keep the cable in the center. Then I "smooshed" it in the hole making sure to keep the cable centered. After it cured, I liberally coated the inside with silicone and found some nail polish that matched the grey hull to paint over "all that white stuff". The JB Water Weld I used dries white. The raw putty is grey and I didn't read so close that it dries white, so when I took the pictures I had not yet painted it. I have about 25 hours on the boat (probably close to 50 hours in the water) and have not had any issues (knock on wood)
knock on wood.gif

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No Issues at all. I only have down scanning (no side). I thought long and hard when choosing this location (may have even taken a nap under the boat while pondering). I tried to take into account of how I use the boat and how the water will flow under different uses.

As far as the cable entry point, I also pondered that as well, but unless one was to run the cable around and above the swim deck for the entry point, then everything below the swim deck is usually in the water so to me was a moot point. I chose this location as it leaves the least amount of cable on the exterior of the hull and no need for cable fasteners (screws) to dress the cable on its path to the entry point. It is in a semi protected area to prevent (hopefully) anything from snagging the cable. I drilled the hole just big enough for the cable and connector to fit through and dressed the slack up into the head. After making sure I had enough cable, I used JB Water Weld to fill the hole around the cable. After "kneading the dough", I formed it into about a 3" x 1/2" snake/rope and wrapped it around to the cable to keep the cable in the center. Then I "smooshed" it in the hole making sure to keep the cable centered. After it cured, I liberally coated the inside with silicone and found some nail polish that matched the grey hull to paint over "all that white stuff". The JB Water Weld I used dries white. The raw putty is grey and I didn't read so close that it dries white, so when I took the pictures I had not yet painted it. I have about 25 hours on the boat (probably close to 50 hours in the water) and have not had any issues (knock on wood)
View attachment 103067
I mounted my first transducer in almost the identical same location. Bubbles from reversing and neutral block the sonar. I used a seasense through the hull fitting at the water line for the cable through hull (much less water pressure where I installed it). Both my garmin 541 and 94SV installs are linked in my 242X thread in my signature. Here is a pic of the through hull fitting installed

John_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Very impressed, really nice clean job. Can you show where you made the transition through the transom. Is there a wire chase tunnel to the console? I want to install the Lowrance Elite Ti2 - 12" Is there enough room? Thanks