• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin 94 sv+ FSH 210 install and Transducer works great

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed a Garmin 94 sv+ in my new FSH 210. Works great all the way to max speed , except in corners or reverse. I am very happy with the way it all turned out. Transducer is mounter parallel to the waterline just outboard of the aft end of the ride plate. I used a straightedge from the boat bottom to align the top edge of the transducer on the side towards the centerline of the boat. Making sure when you drill the holes in the bracket you are centered allowing adjustment up or down as needed using 5200 on the screws. During the first trial it lost the bottom at 28 mph. I lowered the aft end of the transducer 5mm on the next try. Works perfect all the way to maximum speed! I drilled a hole for the transducer cable adjacent to the Port jet shifter cable using the supplied clamshell and 5200 to seal the cable penetration and ran the cable in the wire race with the shift cable to the console.

garmin94sv+.jpgtransducer1.jpgtransducer2.jpg

Last edited:

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was it hard to feed it through the wire race? Looks great.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No not at all. I took it off then reinstalled with wire inside. Plus added a few zipties

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No not at all. I took it off then reinstalled with wire inside. Plus added a few zipties
Great news, can't wait till my boat comes in. I am sure the scary part will be cutting into the console.... Measure three times cut one lol

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great news, can't wait till my boat comes in. I am sure the scary part will be cutting into the console.... Measure three times cut one lol
No big deal. Cover the entire area with blue painters tape to protect the surface. Line up you template and follow the lines!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry about the double picture I cannot figure out how to get rid of it.
The extra hole and saw cut was a test to see how it was with that blade.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Have you been out yet and if so, any interference? How's the signal been? I have to replace my transducer and I'm looking for a new location. My last one was a permanent mount with liquid-nails. Worked great, but I never thought about what a pain in the tuckus it would be to replace.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Been 91 miles no interference. Never loses bottom except in reverse (bubbles from jet) or sharp turns. I did Marine Electronics for a living for 15 years long time ago

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Been 91 miles no interference. Never loses bottom except in reverse (bubbles from jet) or sharp turns. I did Marine Electronics for a living for 15 years long time ago
Good to know. I think I'll follow your example here. After affixing mine semi-permanently with liquid nails and epoxy just aft of the intake, I didn't anticipate it failing in 2 years. Now I have to remove it with a sledgehammer. I think I will make the next replacement as easy to replace as yours. I was just paranoid about piercing the hull on my first boat. Now...not so much. Thanks for the example. There were a lot of transducer placement questions when the 190 FSH first came out.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have seen epoxied on blocks destroy much more that 3 small screw holes. The bracket is designed to kick up if it hits an object. Any questions give me a shout

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have seen epoxied on blocks destroy much more that 3 small screw holes. The bracket is designed to kick up if it hits an object. Any questions give me a shout
Thank you. I'm going to try to install tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Key is parallel to the waterline and inboard edge of transducer aligned with a straight edge laid for and aft on the bottom

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Key is parallel to the waterline and inboard edge of transducer aligned with a straight edge laid for and aft on the bottom
I'll bring my straight edge. Before it was completely submerged so I didn't have to worry about edge lines. A little more precision is obviously the need here.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It will be completely submerged. Just needs to be in that clean laminar flow of water that is spilling off the edge of the transom. The deeper you get the more turbulence. Too high and it gets air bubble. Also angle the after edge of the transducer down about 5mm from the forward end

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It will be completely submerged. Just needs to be in that clean laminar flow of water that is spilling off the edge of the transom. The deeper you get the more turbulence. Too high and it gets air bubble. Also angle the after edge of the transducer down about 5mm from the forward end
Copy that. Thank God I got that warranty on the old transducer!

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am considering installing this myself when I get my FSH. Can you show how the wires were connected and how they were run to the back? Also, how did you run the wire through the hull in the back and fill the holes afterwards? Thanks!

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am considering installing this myself when I get my FSH. Can you show how the wires were connected and how they were run to the back? Also, how did you run the wire through the hull in the back and fill the holes afterwards? Thanks!
I will take pics as soon as I get a chance