• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin 94 sv+ FSH 210 install and Transducer works great

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In your picture it is showing higher than the keel. Do you have a rear picture showing the height?

Also it looks like we have different transducers, which model trans is yours?
Just went out and took picture from the side. Looks like the bottom of the transducer is even with keel. The transducer is the GT54 UHD. Might be putting my boat in the marina tomorrow and I will snap a pic with the sidescan showing.

IMG_7939.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you tak one from the back straight on?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cant see how that wont interfere with the port side side scan. Unless it is getting that bit where the AK has a gap by plug. Or perhaps it is picking it up through the keel. Only reason i didnt mount mine that high. Also i didnt like the plastic bracket and ordered the stainlees steel one. My transducer is longer than yours , GT 56 and if i go further back it will hit the AK.

If it works with both side simutaneously to full height, than that is great.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cant see how that wont interfere with the port side side scan. Unless it is getting that bit where the AK has a gap by plug. Or perhaps it is picking it up through the keel. Only reason i didnt mount mine that high. Also i didnt like the plastic bracket and ordered the stainlees steel one. My transducer is longer than yours , GT 56 and if i go further back it will hit the AK.

If it works with both side simutaneously to full height, than that is great.
Don’t quote me on this but I don’t think the transducer quite works that way from what I understand the beam goes out in a cone to the sides and Down. My bass boat has the transducer mounted on the one side and it’s sees both sides fine even though the engine is next to it. I don’t know either or but my transducer worked fine on the sidescan. either way it’s all good my man. Just giving some real world feed back.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Uman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
i didnt like the plastic bracket and ordered the stainlees steel one
@HangOutdoors where did you order the metal mount for transducer and part number used?
That transducer mount is kinda important and the plastic one looks fragile and susceptible to vibration cracking from turbulence.
-Uman

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
See previous post there is a link to full write up with parts links

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
out with the boat today here are some sidescan pics
A1D0B88E-0C10-499A-9D79-C364FB3CF958.jpeg38AA99D1-8686-492B-BB6A-9056A1FB29C0.jpeg

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for posting all the pics! They've been very helpful for me. Hopefully I can get past the analysis paralysis phase before the end of the season! LOL

That is interesting that the side imaging works while partially parallel to the keel, I was curious to see if there is a published spec somewhere about the side imaging but haven't been able to find it really. Does side imaging truly cover a full 180 degrees from horizontal, or is it actually angled under the horizontal line?

The other thought I had, which is born because I don't really understand how transducers are assembled perhaps, how is the actual transducer laid out internally? For instance the GT56 is nearly 9" long, what part of that 9" actually houses the components that transmit and receive for the side imaging? If it's only the rear few inches, for instance, maybe we don't need to mount them as far back as we're thinking. I'm not sure how to find answers to any of these questions even... I'm trying to find some technical docs but they are probably holding a lot of that data as proprietary.

This might require further experimentation!

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for posting all the pics! They've been very helpful for me. Hopefully I can get past the analysis paralysis phase before the end of the season! LOL

That is interesting that the side imaging works while partially parallel to the keel, I was curious to see if there is a published spec somewhere about the side imaging but haven't been able to find it really. Does side imaging truly cover a full 180 degrees from horizontal, or is it actually angled under the horizontal line?

The other thought I had, which is born because I don't really understand how transducers are assembled perhaps, how is the actual transducer laid out internally? For instance the GT56 is nearly 9" long, what part of that 9" actually houses the components that transmit and receive for the side imaging? If it's only the rear few inches, for instance, maybe we don't need to mount them as far back as we're thinking. I'm not sure how to find answers to any of these questions even... I'm trying to find some technical docs but they are probably holding a lot of that data as proprietary.

This might require further experimentation!
Your very welcome. All I know is there aren’t many fish that hang out on the surface. I also sometimes suffer from the same affliction. When I thought about it my bass boat transducer is much higher then my outboard so who knows. I do know that I absolutely love my garmen. Have a nice day.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do get the cone but it is based on a degree angle which yours look higher than. But what do I know :)

Looks like you were getting Serious with all that 5200 smeared around :D

Here is my final write up.

AR210 Garmin 93sv Install | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!
The white stuff is actually 4200 that I put on temporarily in case the transducer had to be moved. No sense screwing into the boat if the transducer did not work where I located it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with a Garmin installer recommended from West Marine, was up there today getting some parts chatting with them. 5 degrees maximum is what they do and recommend for SideVu otherwise quality and hits are greatly degraded on opposing side. This is for both UHD SideVu and Chirp SideVu. They put the full transducer at that angle maximum. They prefer to have 3/8" or so below lowest point which is optimum. He also indicated that if you can't do this, then use dual transducers one on each side........ Not going to do that :)

The greater the angle the more water you will be missing at greater length. You can do the math if you wish.

None the less showed him pics of my mount and he indicated the bottom being below the keel is perfect and he wouldn't mount it much higher. He also indicated to run a zip tie on my mount where the cable passes the ride plate, or use a small cable clamp there as well to relieve stress off the first clamp on the fiberglass.

I figure there is no reason to half ass it and get less than the optimal experience since it is trivial to do so.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I thought the dual transducer method might be the 'best' option, but the dual transducers are actually inferior transducer options, they don't have a dual option that matches the GT56... So I'm back on the GT56 train at this point. I'm probably going to fashion a bracket exactly like yours for the port side, and then make a slightly modified version of it for the starboard side for my LVS12 (Panoptics LiveScan) ducer. This has been really helpful!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I ever do the LiveScan I will just mount it to the Trolling motor. Not sure, boat budget is gone for the year :(

Also I can't take credit for the mount, @Julian has his mount very similar, that is where I started from.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I have it on the TM right now... it's kind of annoying that it spins constantly with the TM. by the time you look up from the chart to see which direction the trolling motor is pointed it's moving. even worse if you are using it to spot lock.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JASmith Excellent info. Sooooo.... Let me know how it turns out on the Starboard side ride plate :rolleyes:

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Will do!

Bribo475

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi All - Been following this thread, as I'll be installing a 94SV and Transducer this week on my 210 FSH. I was wondering if you had to remove the entire cleanout plug hatch to get access to run the cables through to the engine compartment? If so, did you just reseal with silicone once done?
Thanks for all the great info in this thread!