• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gas Tank Won't Fill, HELP!

Kinda hard to explain. . . . but it sounded more like there was a vacuum created in the tank. When I disconnected the vent line, it sounded like it sucked IN air v.s. expelled it. It is possible the vacuum created by running the tank so low closed the check valve?

Full disclosure, . . . . . . I had ballast filled in that side of the boat for surfing this weekend. Could there be some correlation?

A vacuum in the tank would have held the check valve open. However, it also would have held any debris against the screen of the fill port or any debris against the vent tube (that you may have blown out).

A vacuum in the tank would have held the check valve open. However, it also would have held any debris against the screen of the fill port or any debris against the vent tube (that you may have blown out).

So what you're basically saying is, a vacuum in the tank isn't possible then?

Possible, but I think improbable. You would have needed both the vent and the fill tube blocked (other than by the check valve). Now, the vent system thingy (EGR?) may have blocked the vent tube (I am not sure how that works, but I think @Gym reported something like this happening), but that still would not let a vacuum build up unless something was also plugging the fill tube (like the little paper lids from additives). *THEN* you could establish a vacuum by running the engine and as the fuel drew down you would get a vacuum.

I have experienced this issue at random times all summer with a 2021 275SD. The problem for us was a dip in the main fuel hose. When we support the hose to keep it level we can fill at full pressure. But as gas collects in the dip, the fill shuts off after a gallon or two. First time we filled the boat I could not get more than 3 gallons in and I thought I was insane for not knowing how to fill a boat. I have not rigged a permanent fix yet so I just have my son hold it, but nearly impossible to fill alone

Back