• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Golf Cart Build

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Added seatbelts today.

F07FBFE3-CF4C-4B0E-BBD8-E021AE554D1A.jpeg490D8F44-3991-4DC7-AB26-4FDF8282B45D.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Legal requirement or safety? Never seen belts in a regular golf cart. I have seen injuries in a regular golf cart, after a few.
A bit of both, but primarily to eventually turn this into a LSV.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We bought a refurb Stealth 10 Ultra HD for $499 from Creative. Looks like they've gone up a shade. Comes with the same warranty as new.

Be curious how your DIY solution works out there though, you're still WAY under that price.

Also, FYI, there is ZERO bass that comes out of that system. I mean ZERO. It might have response down to 40hz, but it doesn't have enough cone area to move an air at that frequency to get the power out. I'm hoping to add a sub to the boat this winter for this exact reason.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Windshield, mirror, and soundbar all mounted today.

Building my own soundbar didn't go quite as planned. Got a WetSounds Stealth Core off ebay for $200. It is an OEM model so it has a unique deustch connector. I have what I think it the right connector on order.

I have template for the subwoofer box built but haven't gotten around to it.

7D8B9E99-6DF3-4120-BAC2-7DE74466A7C8.jpeg

Attachments

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cart is lookin sweet, man.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not to add to your mod budget…but I’m thinking a custom steering wheel would look better than the factory scorecard holder given all the other work you’ve done.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Not to add to your mod budget…but I’m thinking a custom steering wheel would look better than the factory scorecard holder given all the other work you’ve done.
It's on my amazon list lol. Maybe I will get a matching one for the cart and the boat. I want a new one for the boat too.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@adrianp89 With our recent purchase of a camper already setup on a site. I'm looking into golf carts. Your setup here looks great and pretty close to exactly what we want with the exception of color.

If you had to do it over again would you still rebuild one from scratch, or would you just buy one complete?
Do you mind sharing total cost "all in" on the resto-mod setup you have there?

Currently I'm seeing prices in the $8-$10k for setups very similar to yours. I don't mind building over the winter, think I have the capability, but want to be judicious with my time. If I can save $3-$4k I'll build it. If it's only $1k or so, then I'll just buy one.

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Post #29
He said he has $6-$6.5k in so far..
Might be a bit more $ now.

I'm kicking around the idea of a GAS Cart to avoid dealing with batteries/charger replacement every few tears/YEARS ! LOL (EDIT)

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Post #29

I'm kicking around the idea of a GAS Cart to avoid dealing with batteries/charger replacement every few tears.
Thanks. Missed that one during my review of the thread.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would guess 6k+ range all-in. $1600 just in the motor and controller - I would be willing to bet most carts don't have that same set-up. Body kit was about the same (but included all lighting and controls).

I like building stuff so I would do it again in a heart-beat.

What I would do different: More money on chassis. I would go with disc brakes in all four corners. I would do the long-travel lift kit. It's a tough call but I would try to make Lithium batteries happen. The Navitas conversion is a lot of power and speed. I need better braking and better stability. I would also have went with street tires and not all-terrains (even though they look better) If the cart maxed out in the low 20mph range it would probably be fine, but this cart will do mid 30s. If I switched to 72v it supposedly can go 50+.

If you found a project cart for cheap and budgeted 10k, you could build a bad-ass machine that would be much better than anything you could buy.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Post #29

I'm kicking around the idea of a GAS Cart to avoid dealing with batteries/charger replacement every few tears.
The lithiums are supposed to be good for a VERY long time.

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
BWAHAHAHA
Just noticed my subliminal typo...tears vs. years.
I understand batteries/chargers are expensive and are "usually" replaced at the same time.

I'm curious what it would take to switch to Lithium tho !

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
BWAHAHAHA
Just noticed my subliminal typo...tears vs. years.
I understand batteries/chargers are expensive and are "usually" replaced at the same time.

I'm curious what it would take to switch to Lithium tho !
From my understanding - practically nothing. They are pretty much drop in... then need the proper charger for them.

https://alliedlithium.com/products/golf-cart-lithium-battery-set-for-ezgo-txt14 - I think you can catch this set-up on sale for $1500 range. A full Trojan set-up will run you over a $1000 so not that much more.... plus an 8 year warranty, so in the long-term it is cheaper.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool project, and its turning out awesome.

When I was a kid in the West Palm Area, this was all the rage in the big money golf communities. Knew a few kids whose parents had some pretty tricked out ones, motorcycle engines were what the cool kids did. Harley motors were the thing, because that's what the dads liked. Heard stories of people.using motors out of R6s and R1s, supposedly insanely fast, but probably horrifically dangerous, lol. The kids would all race their golf karts coming back from grabbing lunch at the golf clubs. Fun times.