• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Good hotel next to the boat or better hotel further from the boat?

Where would you stay?

• Close to/within view of your boat.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Within a mile but out of sight of your boat.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Guys, I’m boating up to old Sacramento tomorrow and plan to stay at either the embassy suites right next to the guest dock the boat will be at OR at the sawyer hotel which is .6 miles/a 15 minute walk away. I’ve stayed at the embassy many times but never the sawyer which is relatively new and supposedly the place to stay. I will use Uber if I stay at the sawyer. aside from that the prices are very lopsided anyway, $192 for a top floor river view room at the embassy and $318 for a high room with a balcony at the Sawyer. Money aside where would you stay? Somewhere close to your boat, possibly within view of your hotel room OR somewhere further with better amenities (e.g. roof top pool, bar/club on the site?

FYI - the Sacramento guest docks have a manager and they do collect a few of $1.50 per night per foot but there is no real security on the dock day or night.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I was younger I would stay at the Sawyer, now I go to bed at 9 I would stay at Embassy. The boat is insured, any thing can happen to it at any time don’t let it dictate your life. I choose hotels by the amount of time spent on site. JW Marriott if we are hanging on site with the kid, or Hampton Inn if passing through and just sleeping there. If you’re going to hang out in the hotel then enjoy your stay at the Sawyer, if you’re just going to sleep there and hang out on your boat all day stay at the Embassy.
Just my $.02 have fun, be glad these are the decisions we have make.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know nothing of the Sawyer, or the area. I'd stay at the embassy. Save enough money to buy an Uber both ways, and a few drinks at the bar in the Sawyer, and breakfast in the morning. Doubt the beds in the Sawyer sleep any better than the Embassy.

Also, how is .6 miles a 15min walk? 2mph is quite the leisurely pace, and I get you're on vacation here, but I would have to really work at it to walk that slow :D:D

*edit*.....I'll be damned...Google says it's a 13min walk :D :D
MiscSacramento.JPG

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It would be a no brainer if it were me, because I’d use Hilton points to stay free at the Embassy. Killer breakfast too. As a frequent traveler for work, I always save the nice stays for when I’m going to spend more time in the hotel, so I agree with the other’s assessments.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies guys. To close this out, we ended up staying at the Kimpton Sawyer. Ubered there and back when we first got there and when we left as we had more bags than I was willing carry and walk. Cost was about $6 per ride before tip. We also ended up walking back to the boat to drink on it and people watch once and just to check on it in the morning. Neither walk was bad since the weather was cool on lol of them.

The sawyer is much more centrally located and is next to the stadium that the Sacramento Kings play in as well as next to a shopping mall. The club was cool but I didn’t realize that the close the pool (on the same floor) when the club opens at 7p.

We got a room with a balcony which I thought would over look the city, which it did but there was a lot of unused rooftop space in front of the balcony (all of which are on the 5th floor) so we couldn’t see anything below us, just the skyline in front of us. The bed was great and the tv new/big (I turned it on just to see if it worked) but for a total cost of $386 I think the pool should have been heated. The pic a of us alone in the pool were taken at noon, We are alone because the pool water was cold not because the people and kids around us wanted is to get a shot in the pool alone. Incidentally the embassy suites has a heated indoor pool but it is very small and has no windows so you can’t see what’s going on Joe do you get any natural sunlight.

Last note, when I saw the final price I had second thoughts but my wife reminded me that, I am “worth every F’ing penny.” Plus she wanted to check the sawyer out as well. I can’t see myself staying there again, if I did I would book a standard room without a balcony or spa tub for at least $100 less per night.

Attachments