• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GPS antenna plastic cover

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mainah, do you think the top should be thicker. How does the thickness compare to the original part?

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
if the original designer is willing to share the fusion 360 file i can mess around and see if i can modify to get it thicker on top and easier to print. i have several 3D printers to test on and perfect it. if anyone has a pic of what the original gasket looks like i can try and add that as well. not willing to pull the one off my boat to measure so i will need original fusion file to work off of.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I added f3d, dwg and skp to the allowable attachment types.

STL uploads were already allowed.

My thinking is that the cover should be redrawn to be printed upside down with 75% or so of the diameter flat with a logo recessed into it.

I think I could do that based on measuring a print of the existing STL once I stop printing PPE but @nydave if you have the time please do it!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah, do you think the top should be thicker. How does the thickness compare to the original part?
The overall thickness is about the same. The way the layers come together for a 3d print is just inherently different than a molded part and leaves some thinner spots in between the horizontal layers. Perhaps the results would be better if printed upside down with the top on the hot bed. The OEM part is completely sealed. Creating a lip at the bottom that matches the original would be preferable for this reason to. I am going to use some silicone to seal the bottom just to be safe.

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I added f3d, dwg and skp to the allowable attachment types.

STL uploads were already allowed.

My thinking is that the cover should be redrawn to be printed upside down with 75% or so of the diameter flat with a logo recessed into it.

I think I could do that based on measuring a print of the existing STL once I stop printing PPE but @nydave if you have the time please do it!
I too am neck deep in PPE. Just delivered #1000. I am starting to slow down though as hospitals are starting to get supplies they need. I can free up one of the printers to mess around with this. Ill keep you posted. I just need to find the time to remodel the cover. Printing one now to use as a reference to measure and rework it. I am planning to print upside down. Will give better top surface and not need all the support. I am thinking no supports.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@nydave, I attached the JetBoaters.net logo illustrator file.

Only one one printer here but a little over 700 face shields donated. I am way behind you.

Attachments

Laminar Flow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in for one when you guys get these ready to go, mine broke right at the end of last season. I can't believe so many have broken and there's no easy commercial replacement option!

Pantelis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Count me in for one as well! Great work guys!!

Liquid Therapy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, I'm in for one too as soon as they are ready. A couple weekends ago, my kid looked at the cap, goes "what's this?", gave it a good twist, and all the posts inside just crumbled. :banghead:

I was going to just glue it back on, but I'd rather fix it properly.

Juan Tascon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello @Bruce and @svana, is there any way to test one of the covers? please let me know how to proceed and how much it cost. also, I can provide my UPS account via DM.. please let me know!

My boat is a 2016 AR240

I appreciate your prompt response.

Juan T

jimbor98

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would like to purchase one as well when y'all are good with selling. And thank you very much for doing this work, this forum is amazing!

Mustic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Drexx, will do. I've pretty much got a final version modeled up, just need a guinea pig to test fit - anybody happen to be in the Tampa area? If not, I'll mail one out to the first person who can PM me their address. Once I can confirm fitment I'll work on getting them ready for production.

View attachment 114503
Thanks Drexx, will do. I've pretty much got a final version modeled up, just need a guinea pig to test fit - anybody happen to be in the Tampa area? If not, I'll mail one out to the first person who can PM me their address. Once I can confirm fitment I'll work on getting them ready for production.

View attachment 114503
Hi guys,I am new to this form and was reading about the topic above. I broke my plastic cover today and found out that you have found way to make the replacement one. Can you please give me an call at 904-881-4871 .I will be in Tampa area s of tomorrow I would appreciate if you can give me a call or email me or respond to the form chat. Appreciate it.

Juan Tascon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@nydave, I attached the JetBoaters.net logo illustrator file.

Only one one printer here but a little over 700 face shields donated. I am way behind you.
hello @Bruce any luck with this? Let me know please how can I get one (price, shipping etc) I really appreciate it!

Juan Tascon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In theory I could put whatever on top instead of the forks. Gonna see how these do, I could also print them in red to stand out or the boats colors. Unfortunately I can’t really get any new color filaments in in a timely fashion with Amazon’s shipping timing nowadays.
hello @svana, any progress on this? I would like to be part of the “tester group” Or buy a finished one. Please let me know. Thanks!!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had never gotten the domed top to pint successfully enough to feel good about distributing unfortunately. @Bruce ’s idea of doing a flat top actually sounds like a pretty smart one, should come out nicely.

Juan Tascon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had never gotten the domed top to pint successfully enough to feel good about distributing unfortunately. @Bruce ’s idea of doing a flat top actually sounds like a pretty smart one, should come out nicely.
@svana Thanks for your quick answer. I hope @Bruce has a fit outcome. Please let us know. I am ready to test one if you like!!!

Juan Tascon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$85 is painful. I will print and ship them for $20.