• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GPS antenna plastic cover

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In theory I could put whatever on top instead of the forks. Gonna see how these do, I could also print them in red to stand out or the boats colors. Unfortunately I can’t really get any new color filaments in in a timely fashion with Amazon’s shipping timing nowadays.
Again, thanks for doing this. I'm for the white color myself!

mdl77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’d really like an all white one too.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm still working on getting things good enough for me to want to send out, unfortunately I might run out of filament after a couple caps. I have more on order, but shipping is an unknown. In regards to the red tops, I only have the capabilities to print them in one solid color. They can definitely be painted once you get them though.

Juan Tascon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello @svana please count on me for one all white. Let me know the price once you have it. Thanks for making this happen!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey folks, just wanted to let you know that I’m still working on these, the white filament for whatever reason has a tendency to “burn” too easily, resulting in brown spots. I wouldn’t want it on my boat, so I wouldn’t want to send them out to others that way either.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have found Red and Black from eSun on PETG are much less prone to those black spots that appear randomly on the white.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have found Red and Black from eSun on PETG are much less prone to those black spots that appear randomly on the white.
For sure. I don't get any burning on any other filament except white. I've been using Overture and would like to try something else to see if it's more burn resistant, but everything is weeks out at this point.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure where you are, but once life is back to normal, Micro Center has eSun and their private label for sale onsite. I have had excellent results for the price with theirs.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure where you are, but once life is back to normal, Micro Center has eSun and their private label for sale onsite. I have had excellent results for the price with theirs.
I'm in Tampa, so none in the state. I've used eSun before, not bad. I've still got a roll of black. I was partial to Makergeeks, but filament discussion's for a different thread though lol.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey folks, just wanted to let you know that I’m still working on these, the white filament for whatever reason has a tendency to “burn” too easily, resulting in brown spots. I wouldn’t want it on my boat, so I wouldn’t want to send them out to others that way either.
Thank you for your continued efforts and offering your talents to the rest of us!

rogreu

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Count me in for a cover or two when you get ready to sell. Amazing what you have already done.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in Tampa, so none in the state. I've used eSun before, not bad. I've still got a roll of black. I was partial to Makergeeks, but filament discussion's for a different thread though lol.
@svana
Any updates on the progress of the GPS cover?
I hope you are well and staying safe!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@svana
Any updates on the progress of the GPS cover?
I hope you are well and staying safe!
Ya I'm still working on them, I just keep burning the filament at various points so it's leaving brown spots. Doesn't help that shipping has generally ground to a halt on amazon so getting different products takes forever (relatively speaking).

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya I'm still working on them, I just keep burning the filament at various points so it's leaving brown spots. Doesn't help that shipping has generally ground to a halt on amazon so getting different products takes forever (relatively speaking).
Thanks for keeping it going and hope you can keep getting the supplies you need!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well mine finally cracked this past weekend just from trying to pull the cover over. Duct tape has it “fixed” for now. I am in for one of these 3d printed ones. I recommend validating the receiver still gets an acceptable signal through the 3d printed one. Happy to purchase one with burns and spray it with a durable and plastic friendly epoxy based paint from an hvlp spray gun. I have some paint left over from a different project that should match my boat nicely.

jemorgan3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Id love a new cover, count me in if you're still making them! My current cover is yellowed and fragile, Grey 242 limited and I don't care what color.. black/white/grey/pink..

BlueOcean

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Count me in too. Thanks and stay safe

JackieG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please put me down for a white one. Mine flew off last summer. Thank you!

Jakek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will also take one when they are ready! Mine broke a few months ago when someone leaned on it and currently have duct tape and super glue holding it together!