• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GPS antenna plastic cover

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think I found the manufacturer for it (same as above thread) and contacted them to ask if they could sell the cover or parts of it. They said they would get back to me but from the threads above, I don't think they'll sell just the cover.
The detentions are 80MM x 25MM and in the spec in the link. Again looks like the right GPS antenna to me and I measure about the same diameter on my plate under the (lost) cover.

If you could make a cover, something tells me there's several others that could benefit from it. Obviously glad to purchase one from you glue it in place and be on my way!

This was already covered in the thread above....and a member attempted to get the manufacturer to sell the covers separately and they wouldn't.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'd be in for a spare, and also, I think I'll give my current cover a bead of silicone!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How does the cover look underneath? Any clips? any tabs?

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How does the cover look underneath? Any clips? any tabs?
Here's what it looks like (pics attached).The cover is screwed in from underneath to hold the cover. You can see where someone tried to turn it (thinking it might unscrew or unlock) and snapped it off.

Attachments

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
can Someone provide dimensions for the cover? What it the diameter of the base and what is the required vertical clearance inside the cap required to be? Making a replacement cap should be easy and I can make/3D print one for someone to test...

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Following up my own post... I have a GPS cover modeled but haven't printed it yet. Not entirely sure of the best way to attach it. Right now it would friction fit pegs into the four bosses shown in @Fish's "GPS Close Up" photo.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Screw/bolt on? That would be my suggestion if it can be done.

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It would be easy enough to make one with new bosses to screw into. I guess you'd have to remove the GPS to get to the screws from the bottom of it. I can make the necessary adjustment... just did.

What I don't have correct in the example renderings below is the height of the GPS is 25mm - but, the base is part of that 25mm.. Need to know the vertical height of just the base from the bottom to the top of the lip. Also, looks like the bossed that are screwed into should not be the full height of the cover's height. Need to know the offset there. Then will need someone willing to try a test printed cover.

Attachments

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They all seem to break the same, leaving some "bosses" in place... Would you consider screwing from the top?

Is there a way to attach the GPS to the boat after you screw the cover on?

Nice render.

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I guess I had assumed the GPS would be disattached from its mounted location and remnants left over from the old cover would be removed by unscrewing from the bottom. Then the new cap being attached using the same screws. I can make a version that screws in from the top, but, I think there are many more variables involved to make that work.

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL, no I bet your way is much better!

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It would be easy enough to make one with new bosses to screw into. I guess you'd have to remove the GPS to get to the screws from the bottom of it. I can make the necessary adjustment... just did.

What I don't have correct in the example renderings below is the height of the GPS is 25mm - but, the base is part of that 25mm.. Need to know the vertical height of just the base from the bottom to the top of the lip. Also, looks like the bossed that are screwed into should not be the full height of the cover's height. Need to know the offset there. Then will need someone willing to try a test printed cover.
Looks great! Thanks for trying to get something to work!

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's the latest version...
WOW! If you can come up with something, that would be awesome! My wife is bugging me to just to get a new GPS antenna ($400+) and I'm holding out for ANY solution to cover it up. Even if it was just a cap (like in your rendering) that I could glue on would be good.
Thanks for your efforts!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whelp...I should've looked at this page over this past week. Someone chimed in last week recommending I model this out - figured I was too busy to do so till all this CV stuff went down and all of a sudden I was looking at more free time lol. Here's what I had whipped up, looks almost identical. Was just gonna do an inverse fillet to give a little more meat to the screw studs where they seem to break off from. Pretty sure the dimensions are good, only outstanding question is how long the studs need to be relative to the rest of the body.

Edit: Included the stud reinforcement.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 3.09.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-26 at 3.48.14 PM.png

Last edited:

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys are really talented with that 3D printing stuff. I’ll buy one just for a spare.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Whelp...I should've looked at this page over this past week. Someone chimed in last week recommending I model this out - figured I was too busy to do so till all this CV stuff went down and all of a sudden I was looking at more free time lol. Here's what I had whipped up, looks almost identical. Was just gonna do an inverse fillet to give a little more meat to the screw studs where they seem to break off from. Pretty sure the dimensions are good, only outstanding question is how long the studs need to be relative to the rest of the body.

Edit: Included the stud reinforcement.

View attachment 114433View attachment 114435
Looks great! Sorry for the circumstances that cause you to have the extra time on your hands, but I greatly applaud your efforts and will not only buy one that I need, but a back up as well. Thank you for pursuing this!!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You guys are really talented with that 3D printing stuff. I’ll buy one just for a spare.
Looks great! Sorry for the circumstances that cause you to have the extra time on your hands, but I greatly applaud your efforts and will not only buy one that I need, but a back up as well. Thank you for pursuing this!!
Thanks guys. Drexx beat me to the punch though, I don’t wanna step on his toes if he was wanting to make a few to sell.