• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GPS antenna plastic cover

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys. Drexx beat me to the punch though, I don’t wanna step on his toes if he was wanting to make a few to sell.
No worries @svana...you can take it and run if you want. I had no “plan” other than to help out after reading the thread.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No worries @svana...you can take it and run if you want. I had no “plan” other than to help out after reading the thread.
Thanks Drexx, will do. I've pretty much got a final version modeled up, just need a guinea pig to test fit - anybody happen to be in the Tampa area? If not, I'll mail one out to the first person who can PM me their address. Once I can confirm fitment I'll work on getting them ready for production.

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 12.48.02 PM.png

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can mail you my broken one which the base is intact and you can use it untill you get it fitted perfect

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can mail you my broken one which the base is intact and you can use it untill you get it fitted perfect
Sure, that'd be even easier. I’ll PM you.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Drexx, will do. I've pretty much got a final version modeled up, just need a guinea pig to test fit - anybody happen to be in the Tampa area? If not, I'll mail one out to the first person who can PM me their address. Once I can confirm fitment I'll work on getting them ready for production.

View attachment 114503
Really nice! Better than the original for sure with the Yamaha tuning forks! (I happen to know the logo well since I work for Yamaha -on the musical instrument side hence knowing they are tuning forks and not spokes on a wheel. I run the drum and percussion division for the company). I've tried to get a part from Yamaha with my connections but like going to the dealer, they only sell the whole assembly.
I wish I could be the guinea pig to test fit, but my boat is in storage. I could see if it works but not as quickly as some of the folks in your area that have access to their boat.
Thanks again!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I missed my mail lady by 5 minutes. But it will be on the way tomorrow to ya @svana . Shipped 2 day priority. The base and electronics are intact 100% and the 4 screws are still screwed into whats left of the cover so it will give you an accurate depth and size of the holes.

The side thickness could be wider if need be to give it some more strength but i will let you decide what is best

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I missed my mail lady by 5 minutes. But it will be on the way tomorrow to ya @svana . Shipped 2 day priority. The base and electronics are intact 100% and the 4 screws are still screwed into whats left of the cover so it will give you an accurate depth and size of the holes.

The side thickness could be wider if need be to give it some more strength but i will let you decide what is best
No worries, I’ll keep an eye out. I’ve left the walls a little thicker than the top, I’m just trying to keep it thin enough to not interfere with the GPS. I’ll putz around once it gets in.

mdl77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Following. Need this. Looks good too!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just opened up @Neutron ’s unit that he set over - thanks! Off by 1mm in the diameter to fit nicely, aside from that everything looks to be lining up as it should. Just made the tweak there, hopefully should give a final product to send out shortly. Here’s the test unit (ignore the staining, didn’t bother getting everything cleaned up for a practice piece). image.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just opened up @Neutron ’s unit that he set over - thanks! Off by 1mm in the diameter to fit nicely, aside from that everything looks to be lining up as it should. Just made the tweak there, hopefully should give a final product to send out shortly. Here’s the test unit (ignore the staining, didn’t bother getting everything cleaned up for a practice piece). View attachment 114785
I love the ingenuity of our members!!!!!

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just opened up @Neutron ’s unit that he set over - thanks! Off by 1mm in the diameter to fit nicely, aside from that everything looks to be lining up as it should. Just made the tweak there, hopefully should give a final product to send out shortly. Here’s the test unit (ignore the staining, didn’t bother getting everything cleaned up for a practice piece). View attachment 114785
Fantastic!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I also wonder if many of these are breaking because people either kick or step on them. I wonder if a big bold "NO STEP" on the top would be better than the Yamaha tuning forks? Or perhaps color coordinated to your boat color (left white and owner paints it)?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The nice thing with 3D printing is that there is no mold change charge or 1000 minimum order for customization :)

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also wonder if many of these are breaking because people either kick or step on them. I wonder if a big bold "NO STEP" on the top would be better than the Yamaha tuning forks? Or perhaps color coordinated to your boat color (left white and owner paints it)?
In theory I could put whatever on top instead of the forks. Gonna see how these do, I could also print them in red to stand out or the boats colors. Unfortunately I can’t really get any new color filaments in in a timely fashion with Amazon’s shipping timing nowadays.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My original one broke with a light hit with my cleaning brush. Wasn't hard and it shattered in an unrecognizable mess. It was brittle. And my boat is always covered

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Mine broke when my son was being a little too aggressive washing the boat. I would LOVE to see the forks in red to match the boat but for now I’ll take whatever you can make.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Mine isn't broken yet, but I'm interested in one as well just to have on hand when mine does break. I agree that the forks in red would look good, or maybe black, but I'll take whatever, I'm not picky.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Please put me down for one, depending on cost. Black would be a nice change from the stock white one. I would probably color in the Yamaha symbol with a sharpie.