• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gross, help!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Soooo, I've found that a community of roaches has set up shop in the engine compartment. Twice when I've opened it I've seen one or two scuttle away, I'm sure there are more. What would y'all suggest to tackle this problem?

Thanks!

Glue traps & lots of them all over the boat

I’ve had success with the roach poison packs at Walmart. Just a little disc the roaches can get into but they don’t spill if you move them around. Down here in Florida I get them in my garage when it starts warming up. I put a couple of those around the garage and see a significant decrease in activity.

Yeah the poison packs work. When we remodeled our guest bath, we opened up a portal to roaches. Order some poison packs off amazon and never saw one again after two days. They eat the poison then bring it back to the nest that kills the others.

Ok this is what I've done (HI has roaches 24/7/365). Pull all personal belongings (inspect for bugs hiding), cover up GPS, VHF Radio, remove carpets if you have them, cover engine , stand cushions up, cover boat and set off a mini bug-bomb. Was very successful. Remove all coverings, hose off /wipe off interior, repack everything and get back to the water.

"This is the way!"

Which is the way?
5A79CD8B-9437-4D68-B7BD-E4AC331FE6DC.jpegB77E9F88-FE7C-4BCB-8A33-FFBCEB44F280.jpeg
just do what this guy did.
4E5327E8-36C7-4A51-8249-C202C13D371A.png
That is step on them not slap them. @2:30 in the video.

Attachments

• 18DA3AFE-6C42-4B2B-9BB7-A76973280CDE.png
    18DA3AFE-6C42-4B2B-9BB7-A76973280CDE.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
Head to Home Depot. Buy boric acid. The last time I had to deal with them, it was a yellow bottle with a red tip/cap. Put it in every compartment, dust the shit out of your boat with it. Leave it for a while. If you still see them next time you're on the boat, leave it longer. Vacuum to clean.

We had a filthy neighbor who got evicted. When the landlord was emptying out their house, the things that they were bringing out, they would drop on the ground and the roaches would come off, changing the color of the furniture that they left behind. Everyone within a two-house radius all got roaches, and we never had them before that point.

The boric acid kills them by destroying their exoskeleton, and their friends are infected by the same way the poisons work, they take it back to their main location, and spread it amongst all the rest of them, thereby killing them. This way you don't have to deal with any chemicals that you have to worry about with your kids

No idea if that works better, but it's $8 cheaper than the boric acid powder at Home Depot. I know that I used the boric acid powder and it worked just fine, no idea if this is any better or any worse, but they have a guarantee

Amazon, 2 pack of boric acid, $11

OH HEY! Who changed my title? Mods, the HALP was deliberate wording! Sad Panda is sad

Ok this is what I've done (HI has roaches 24/7/365). Pull all personal belongings (inspect for bugs hiding), cover up GPS, VHF Radio, remove carpets if you have them, cover engine , stand cushions up, cover boat and set off a mini bug-bomb. Was very successful. Remove all coverings, hose off /wipe off interior, repack everything and get back to the water.

And all I could think of with this post is Walter White buying the extermination business to use as a cover….?

Back