• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

hardtop 210

R0B6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anybody else care to comment of the shake/flex?

Also, looking at the rocket launchers on the back, does the top have extra embedded support where they attach other than the backer plate? Looks like a potential stress-crack area.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My hard top is connected to the floor not the center console. I have gotten shaken but it in no way caused cavitation.
I went through about 5 miles of 6 to 8 foot waves. i was a mile off a beach running between bridges I went all different speeds on my boat I got pounded to shit I broke some non-OEM items including my plb and light off my lifejacket. When u jump you get air sucked in, but the hard top does not cause this. It was blowing about 30 kn out and I was not going under the 10 foot bridge next to my marina because I only have a little bit of clearance with the radar on top of the hardtop. I had to go through the next bridge which is higher and then go to the marina.
also if you are just driving full out in about 2 foot waves and you jump them the Revlimider will just stop the motor and then restart when you land that was a few other times but that’s fun also, I assume that the air would get sucked in because the boat is airborne That’s why the rev limiter stops the motor. I’m sure it’s just momentarily cuts off the fuel because it’s instantaneously running as you come back down.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anybody else care to comment of the shake/flex?

Also, looking at the rocket launchers on the back, does the top have extra embedded support where they attach other than the backer plate? Looks like a potential stress-crack area.
it is just a backer plate and yes it will probably crack there.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I also bought the 210 deluxe with hard top from cycle springs. Basically picked it up for the msrp of a sport model. Taking the top off the sport at interstate speeds was a non starter for me.
Love the top but it does move side to side and the paint is rubbing off where its hitting the windshield. I am on the fence as whether to do something about it or to live with it. A couple of ideas to stiffen would be to install some flying wires in the front, or make a brace like a strut tower on a car.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I don't know, the only points where it's connected to the boat are the floor and center console. Mine definitely shakes - I had cycle springs check it out and they said it was ok.. but we'll see how it holds up over time. Right now not a crazy big deal but even passengers holding on to the grab rails notice it.. not even crazy bad conditions either.

I love this boat, but if i ever decide to upgrade, think i'm doing a 24 foot sea hunt or something like that - just a bit more sturdier.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also bought the 210 deluxe with hard top from cycle springs. Basically picked it up for the msrp of a sport model. Taking the top off the sport at interstate speeds was a non starter for me.
Love the top but it does move side to side and the paint is rubbing off where its hitting the windshield. I am on the fence as whether to do something about it or to live with it. A couple of ideas to stiffen would be to install some flying wires in the front, or make a brace like a strut tower on a car.

Next time you're in rough waters, check out the center console by the floor where the foot rest is. See if you notice any movement down there.. notice a slight movement on mine. I'm assuming it's caused by the hard top swaying.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Next time you're in rough waters, check out the center console by the floor where the foot rest is. See if you notice any movement down there.. notice a slight movement on mine. I'm assuming it's caused by the hard top swaying.
I think the tower arms are flexing, which isn't a surprise. The geometry of the tower is stronger front to back than it is side to side. I have a few other projects that are more pressing.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yeah I don't know, the only points where it's connected to the boat are the floor and center console. Mine definitely shakes - I had cycle springs check it out and they said it was ok.. but we'll see how it holds up over time. Right now not a crazy big deal but even passengers holding on to the grab rails notice it.. not even crazy bad conditions either.

I love this boat, but if i ever decide to upgrade, think i'm doing a 24 foot sea hunt or something like that - just a bit more sturdier.
Yeah its impossible to find a boat thats good at everything. But I think for all around fishing in salt and fresh water and a family boat the 210 fsh is about as good as you can get. If I find myself spending a lot of time offshore I'd consider trading up, but I'm definitely not there yet.

WiredKC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone provide me with the trailer height with this hard top mounted? With/ without rocket launchers mounted? I’m thinking about purchasing partially so I can fit it through my 10 ft barn door...

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'll be getting the boat hooked up today ill see if I can take some measurements. The anchor light is the part that sticks up the most.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My guess is it isn’t much different than the soft top, which is about 10’ 5” according to Yamaha.

WiredKC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you for doing that - I guess I'll have to scratch that option then...:confused:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Get a Deluxe model and a Stryker top.
Stryker T tops look them up online

WiredKC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Get a Deluxe model and a Stryker top.
Stryker T tops look them up online
That would work if I didn't already have a Sport model. I already have storage, just looking to move to a more convenient spot.