• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has any one else read this post on Yamaha boat owners face book page

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I am not only confused but now really thinking I should cancel my 252SE order. Why are people disassembling their brand new boats? I have ZERO interest in working on my boat. I want to put it in the water, wet slip it for July, August and part of September, then winterize, store it inside, and rinse repeat each year.

I see these posts of you all taking your boats apart when your profile says they are brand new. WTF. I want to be drinking a Huckleberry and Lemonaide Vodka and watch the world go by. Should I pass on the 252SE that we have coming. Not that I am not capable, I've rebuilt engines and swapped out transmissions, axles, etc with cars so I can do it. I just wouldn't want to.
… knocking on wood … mine has been flawless and an excellent performer. I got worked up from reading posts months before my delivery. I made a list of a half dozen things that bothered me and gave it to my dealership for their Pre Delivery Inspection. I think that is your best line of defence. I told my dealership that I’m on THIS forum with 10’s of thousands of owners locally and worldwide. They took that quite seriously

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am not only confused but now really thinking I should cancel my 252SE order. Why are people disassembling their brand new boats? I have ZERO interest in working on my boat. I want to put it in the water, wet slip it for July, August and part of September, then winterize, store it inside, and rinse repeat each year.

I see these posts of you all taking your boats apart when your profile says they are brand new. WTF. I want to be drinking a Huckleberry and Lemonaide Vodka and watch the world go by. Should I pass on the 252SE that we have coming. Not that I am not capable, I've rebuilt engines and swapped out transmissions, axles, etc with cars so I can do it. I just wouldn't want to.
I would cancel the 252se ASAP if I was you!
P.S. I'm next in line for a 252Se.😁maybe they'll send it my way.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I know it is the internet and there are a lot of fools on there, I see fake posts all the time after 23 years of being lied to and arresting criminals and MY instincts tell me this is basically a true post and it's sad if only half true. I know @adrianp89 had a situation with one boat he had to get them to buy back. I never read the original posts & just noticed this.
Yamaha Boat Owners | Facebook
Here is the basic post /////////

252SE Taking On Water Update:
It has been a while, not sure if anyone is still following along on our saga of the 2021 252SE taking on water.
Everything I write will keep names and dealerships out of it, because they have all been great to us. This is between Yamaha and us now.
Finally got our boat looked at by a regional rep (thanks to another member in this group). Regional rep came out and test drove our boat. We mentioned a cavation that we didn't think would be a big deal. The rep looked at it all and test drove the boat. Mentioned that there is definitely something off about this boat, but we were more concerned about the amounts of water it was taking on.
Dealership got told by the rep to investigate this issue and why the reverse bucket was stuck down sometimes.
Today I got the call that I was not expecting with this. The dealership took both jet pumps off. Mind you this boat only had 57 hours on it. They called me to tell me that both of the impellers and their housing's were completely destroyed by cavitation. It looks like someone took a sandblaster to the impellers. After some research from the dealership and measurements, both of the transom plates, clean out ports and jet pumps were off by 4-6mm's. Everything was cut wrong into the hull and just thrown together. There was no silicone to be found on either jet pump that should have been there from the factory.
I then got told that they were ordering parts and that Yamaha "would do their best to help find the parts and expedite the process". Well another person from the forums who is extremely skilled in Yamaha's (that's all im gonna say) told me that transom plates are over a year and a half out. So they are ordering new transom plates and new impellers.
I asked how the dealership would fix this issue because on the work order it stated "shifter adjustement cable ran out of adjustment". As in there wasn't enough material left to adjust the cables anymore.
They told me "we are going to resize the holes and make them bigger per the yamaha bulletin". So now they are cutting all the holes by 6mm's and expanding the holes. I then asked how they would seal it off to make sure it would seal right. Yamaha told them to "just use silicone and cover it up". This includes the transom mounts and both the shift and steering cables. All of them have to be cut and shifted over. Then fill the excess with silicone on a brand new boat.
The good news? Yamaha approved the labor for the dealership to put it back together and have me take it out one last time this next weekend. How kind of them.
So how many of you guys and girls think this is acceptable? I think it is not acceptable at all. It's like buying a brand new car with 5,000 miles on it and the steering is off. So the dealership tells you "ohh no problem, we'll just cut some new holes into the frame and shift the suspension forward". The boat looses rigidity with every piece that get's cut out of it. None the less the 10 holes they now need to re-cut.
Anything from Yamaha about this to me? Nopeee. Absolute crickets because they already admitted to the dealership that it was a manufacturing issue.
Way to go Yamah and supporting their customers on a high end boat.
I too have a 2021 252 Se. My boat has cavitation issues whereas when I hit the throttle and the rpms shoot up to 7400 boat the boat doesnt take off until about 4 seconds later. Have had hull leaks on the rub rail and had to have the wiring harness replaced because of electrical issues. Ride plate bolts were missing and the ride shoe plates had to be resealed. Dealer cant find out whats causing the cavitation and either can the Yamaha Techs. Yamaha and the dealership have no solution for our issues. I took the boat to lower elevation and the cavitation is even worse. The dealership had to remove a portion of the rub rail to seal the leak but said that a complete reseal inside and outside of the rub rail would be needed? Yamaha doesnt want to back the work because they say that the factory warranty is 4 months expired. Unbelievable Yamaha!

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This makes be feel a little bit better on purchasing the 4yr YES warranty a few days ago.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This makes be feel a little bit better on purchasing the 4yr YES warranty a few days ago.
For the price, if you do need some heavy work or there are major issues, it is great to have the warranty. If not, you pitched a couple grand or so down the drain, which we burn in gas easily.

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For the price, if you do need some heavy work or there are major issues, it is great to have the warranty. If not, you pitched a couple grand or so down the drain, which we burn in gas easily.
I waited two days before it expired and was really on the fence and said F it. IF something breaks its covered...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I waited two days before it expired and was really on the fence and said F it. IF something breaks its covered...
If you decide to sell within the next 4 years as well it will help the sale and price a bit, making more attractive.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
no he is from a planet called Dyslexia

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I too have a 2021 252 Se. My boat has cavitation issues whereas when I hit the throttle and the rpms shoot up to 7400 boat the boat doesnt take off until about 4 seconds later. Have had hull leaks on the rub rail and had to have the wiring harness replaced because of electrical issues. Ride plate bolts were missing and the ride shoe plates had to be resealed. Dealer cant find out whats causing the cavitation and either can the Yamaha Techs. Yamaha and the dealership have no solution for our issues. I took the boat to lower elevation and the cavitation is even worse. The dealership had to remove a portion of the rub rail to seal the leak but said that a complete reseal inside and outside of the rub rail would be needed? Yamaha doesnt want to back the work because they say that the factory warranty is 4 months expired. Unbelievable Yamaha!
This original post was kinda the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Shortly thereafter, along with some of the posts on fit and finish (especially with the door to the head compartment), I walked away from my order and ended up buying a Crownline 265ss Surf. Too many covid quality horror stories for me. I really wanted the 252SE that I ordered, but couldn't take the risk.

Fast forward, summer of 2022 was the first season with our crownline. Yes, yes, I paid a shit ton more money. But holy crap! Boat is a total head turner and fast as hell with a 430 hp volvo penta. The depth at our lake house is about 50" and our boat drafts about 40" but I haven't found that to be a problem. The 252SE we ordered was partially due to the low draft for our dock out front.

On to your problem. The only thing these people understand is a lawyer. That's it. Sorry to say, in my experience, paying some lawyer $500 to write a demand letter is well worth it on an expensive boat such as your 252SE. Good luck. Sorry you are dealing with this.

1665077854560.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
On to your problem. The only thing these people understand is a lawyer. That's it. Sorry to say, in my experience, paying some lawyer $500 to write a demand letter is well worth it on an expensive boat such as your 252SE. Good luck. Sorry you are dealing with this.
This is a fact.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
This original post was kinda the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Shortly thereafter, along with some of the posts on fit and finish (especially with the door to the head compartment), I walked away from my order and ended up buying a Crownline 265ss Surf. Too many covid quality horror stories for me. I really wanted the 252SE that I ordered, but couldn't take the risk.

Fast forward, summer of 2022 was the first season with our crownline. Yes, yes, I paid a shit ton more money. But holy crap! Boat is a total head turner and fast as hell with a 430 hp volvo penta. The depth at our lake house is about 50" and our boat drafts about 40" but I haven't found that to be a problem. The 252SE we ordered was partially due to the low draft for our dock out front.

View attachment 189307
That’s an awesome looking boat ! 40” draft?

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That’s an awesome looking boat ! 40” draft?
Thanks. Yeah, it's a beast. The boat weights over 5000 pounds and have a VP forward facing drive with a stainless duo prop that takes up a ton of space. Fortunately, it is throttle by wire so you can spin the prop pretty slow without pushing up any silt, even when I am in 4 feet of water. The boat is 26 feet long. The funny thing is that my wife wanted a working, flushing head, not a porta potty like I was going to have on the 252SE we ordered. You want to know how many times the head got used this summer...? Zero. Not once. Like a good husband, I didn't say a word!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thanks. Yeah, it's a beast. The boat weights over 5000 pounds and have a VP forward facing drive with a stainless duo prop that takes up a ton of space. Fortunately, it is throttle by wire so you can spin the prop pretty slow without pushing up any silt, even when I am in 4 feet of water. The boat is 26 feet long. The funny thing is that my wife wanted a working, flushing head, not a porta potty like I was going to have on the 252SE we ordered. You want to know how many times the head got used this summer...? Zero. Not once. Like a good husband, I didn't say a word!
You know what they say, “Happy Wife, Happy Life”

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wish I could get Crownline build quality with twin 1.8 jets. Id be In. I dont see any large outdrives in my future.