• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone actually ordered one of these impeller housings? Precision Marine

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went out today and the boat was vibrating at idle. It got better as we got going but I could feel it in the throttle. Tried ordering it today and got a answering machine. Will order it tomorrow hopefully.

aflax24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Even if you order online I would call him. Both times he missed the PayPal notification and when I called to ask where it was he sent it right out

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does it take a special tool to remove the impeller like my jet ski?
Are you going to change the impeller or just the housing? I believe you can change the housing without removing the impeller from the shaft.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Really? Man I love this boat.
The pump housing is separate from the section of the pump that has the bearings that hold the shaft so there is no need to remove the impeller from the shaft to change the pump housing.

I look forward to hearing how the new housings work for you.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I called multiple times today and long story short I ordered the pump and he told me it would ship out in the next 3-5 days and I asked my total and he responded "whatever the Internet said". I asked about shipping and he replied that he would send me a email. Still waiting on it. I will post a video clip when installed so you can hear the difference between the 2 pumps.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I called multiple times today and long story short I ordered the pump and he told me it would ship out in the next 3-5 days and I asked my total and he responded "whatever the Internet said". I asked about shipping and he replied that he would send me a email. Still waiting on it. I will post a video clip when installed so you can hear the difference between the 2 pumps.
Maybe Will @JetBoatPilot can give this guy some customer service lessons.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's not even the worst part. I told him I wish they made this for my jet ski and he said they do for Yamaha and Seadoo jet skis. I said no. I need it for my Kawasaki and he asked how to spell Kawasaki.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It keeps getting better. I called today since it had been 4 days without a confirmation email and he said it had been shipped. I asked for a shipping number abd he said he would get it and call me back. He called me back to inform me that they wrote my cc number down wrong and never called to let me know. He said he would send it out with free shipping. Called back 4 hrs later bc I'm still waiting for the email and the woman said it would be $57 but she had not run my card yet. I replied it should be 85. "Oh, my mistake". There's no telling what I'll end up with.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He just sent me a picture text of the package. Not like it matters. The weather always turns to crap every weekend anyway.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Nuts man... Would love to hear your experience with it all, but I guess that may be a looong time. I had similar experience waiting for my wakeboarding tower, but I knew it was going to happen from reviews.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My day keeps getting worse. My jet pump and impeller came in today via fed ex who HAD to have a signature so I had to go pick it up for my jet ski and when I pulled my jet pump out of the box they didn't return all the water intake attachments or seal to the impeller.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If y'all are wondering sbt throws away all parts attached to your jet pump. So I had to buy all new parts. My wife is super happy with me.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If y'all are wondering sbt throws away all parts attached to your jet pump. So I had to buy all new parts. My wife is super happy with me.
Another typical sbt interaction.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reactions: Gym

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @swatski. Looks like a better price than I came up with. I'll give them a call