• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone removed the tower from their 2015 or newer AR240

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski removed his AR tower so perhaps he can help tell you how he did it.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@seabass2020 I will search for the link. It is in forum but it will be a bit hard to find.

seabass2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I can now say that without removing the tower, my 2017 ar210 will not fit through my 6'10" garage opening. Removing the wheels and rolling the axles on floor jacks got me close. So did removing the Bimini cover and the mounting brackets from the tower and removing the stern light. But I still need like one more inch. I also looked at the brackets on the bunk rails on the trailer. They would be easy to modify, but the boat has very little clearance from the fenders on the trailer so that will not work. At this point I am pretty much done trying unless removing the wakeboard tower is a viable option.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Plan B: raise the height of your garage door. It is not a difficult as it sounds. You make to 8 feet and you storage 365 days a year.

David6801

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Also curious about removing the tower to store the boat for the winter. On my 2017 AR210, I can get my windshield to 6'8" by lowering the front of the trailer onto a floor jack.

I have removed the support cables from the tower to lower the tower below the windshield, but the base of the tower then sticks up to about 7'1". Even with the tires deflated, I'm unable to get there.

I think if i can remove the tower, I would be able to fit it in. It looks like there is a snap ring on a pin that is what the tower pivots on, but I'm unable to confirm without just tearing into it.
Hey there!
I am on my same situation as you tryi to fit 212x on a 7 foot garage door !
the only way I will be able to do it is if I remove the tower all together ..I’m thinking about splicing the speakers wires and remove the pivot pin and then the tower but I am worried about it did you get to do it?
thanks!!