• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone seen this wake shaper yet?

str8jkn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll be at lay lake if you want to join

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ll be at lay lake if you want to join
Dang I didn't know you lived close by, go to Lay and have the same boat graphic :D. Are you Justin on the Alabama FB group? Do you always go to Lay? You should come down to Mitchell, much nicer IMO and no stick ups!

Weather not looking good this weekend but yea I'd love to meet up.

inlandcurlwakeshapers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Gen 2 did make a noticeable difference and turned the wake of the boat into a shaped wave at 10-ish mph. There was some list due to the mounting position and there was minimal push when underway, the boat was still very controllable. My wife was at the helm and drove with no issues to speak of. I’ve seen videos of how the AR192 handles with a suck gate and this was nothing like that.

I had no weight in the boat...(ballasts will be in this Tuesday along with a hyperlite landlock board)...!! The wave was shaped, but small for that reason so I’m confident the wave will be rideable and I’ll be able to drop the rope with when the weight is in place also. Weather permitting We will be out next weekend to test it out properly. I’ll get some video and pics.

It’s my understanding the Gatlin wake wedge isn’t available for the 190 and 192 so I’m stoked about what Kevin has put together for these boats.

-JA
Thank you for your review thus far!

inlandcurlwakeshapers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How do I order a gen 2?
I just created a product ad for them on the Inland Curl facebook page and will be adding a add to my eBay business page shortly.

Last edited:

str8jkn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I’m in Alabaster also. I’m joe ackerman on FB. So far just been out at Lay Lake (Beeswax) but will come to Mitchell for sure. I hope these back and forth weather patterns break soon. I’ve just been putting the wetsuit on so far until it warms up.

We can play with the inland curl wake shaper. I picked up this boat about a month ago and would welcome some collaboration.

-JA

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes I’m in Alabaster also. I’m joe ackerman on FB. So far just been out at Lay Lake (Beeswax) but will come to Mitchell for sure. I hope these back and forth weather patterns break soon. I’ve just been putting the wetsuit on so far until it warms up.

We can play with the inland curl wake shaper. I picked up this boat about a month ago and would welcome some collaboration.

-JA
:D small world eh. Same boat, city and state :D

I don't own a wet suit, I don't have a body for one of those things lol. I'm not sure if you're in the Alabama jetboaters FB group or not but it's a good place to coordinate meet ups and chat with local people. @blacksapphirez

Mitchell is my home base lake but we often go to Tuscaloosa as well. If you haven't been to Mitchell but enjoy Lay then you'll really enjoy Mitchell. For the most part you can ride around worry-free of hitting anything. Well there is the occassional log but that's to be expected of river boating :D

image.jpeg

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

-JA
That’s awesome you’re in Alabaster. I’m in Hoover and Mitchell is my home lake too. I’m really interested in seeing the new device design. The more I’ve thought about it, I think it might work. :thumbsup:

inlandcurlwakeshapers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That’s awesome you’re in Alabaster. I’m in Hoover and Mitchell is my home lake too. I’m really interested in seeing the new device design. The more I’ve thought about it, I think it might work. :thumbsup:
Joe says he is going to send me pics of the wake soon.o_O I'm sure he will post them here as well.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any updates in pics or vids?

inlandcurlwakeshapers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not really. Joe sent me a couple videos and this picture a couple weeks ago. Apparently he was putting it about 3 feet from the transom up towards the bow and had it as far out to the side as he could. Not really sure why. It needs to be all the way back and in towards the center of the boat several inches. I have found even on my inboard, placement is everything. I am going to have to take the time to go myself and do some testing. The water is just now getting warm enough here in TN, so that is going to happen soon.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/INTChamp/Boat Stuff/40604.jpeg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You'll have to manually post the image here because Photobucket became overlords of their own dying service.

Send me one to test and I'll take all the photos and videos you want of your prototype :D

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you see it now?
I can see some if I clicked on the link now. Is this it? Looks kind of like a Yamaha rear seat fabric.lband engine hatch hinge.

Strange the weights is on port surf side but looks like he also put the surf device on the surf side? It should be on the opposite of surf side I would imagine. Do you know much ballast he tried and where he placed it? That rear bag looks like maybe a 750 but hard to tell and doesn't look filled to capacity.

IMG_8514.JPG

Last edited:

Ben West

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haknslash, are you currently able to surf behind your 19 footer? My youngest boy got a taste of surfing behind a tige last year and is all over me about surfing. I read in an earlier post about your ballast placement. Do you happen to have pictures of bag placement and how much total weight? I’m a wakeboarder, this surfing thing is totally foreign to me!

inlandcurlwakeshapers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree. It looks like his ballast setup is wrong. I want to say in one of the videos he sent, that bag is 500# and there is another 500# bag in a locker towards the center of the boat

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haknslash, are you currently able to surf behind your 19 footer? My youngest boy got a taste of surfing behind a tige last year and is all over me about surfing. I read in an earlier post about your ballast placement. Do you happen to have pictures of bag placement and how much total weight? I’m a wakeboarder, this surfing thing is totally foreign to me!
I didn't get to try surfing behind mine when I borrowed the extra ballast. The wave looked nice but I was out alone during the winter. With a single 750 lb bag I wasn't able to go ropeless as you really need more weight on these boats and a bit of list.

As for placement, I put mine on the bench seats...

bags.jpg

Last edited: