• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone seen this wake shaper yet?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Someone just buy one and test it there's plenty of Ballers on this form I know there's probably some people have spent over $1,000 on 12 different designs trying to make their own
Sounds like you just volunteered. Please report back with results once you have them. :winkingthumbsup"

inlandcurlwakeshapers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I talked with Joe a couple days ago. He hasn't been back on the water to play with the shaper anymore. With people just now starting to get out here, I'm hoping to catch someone on my local lake to do some testing myself. I keep one with me when we go in case I get lucky. Lol

str8jkn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here are some pics from the last time out. We put inland curls wakeshaper opposite side of the surfer on hull about halfway between the side and the bottom of the V. There was about 800 lbs of ballast on stern biased to surf side. It was easily rideable without the rope. We were getting long ropeless rides (up to 5 minuets). We have the Yamaha AR192. There is capacity to add more weight so next time out we are going to play around with that
ECA6CB02-4C20-4085-81E5-B102D6AD8369.png 29575859-CF25-4954-9418-15F5B50688DA.jpeg FC295FB0-A09F-43DC-8324-CEA2CC31A128.png

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can we get some pics with straight ballast and then with the addition of the inland curl wake shaper? Just for a side by side comparison. The wake does look good!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Joe @str8jkn can you post the videos as well that you posted on our FB group? It looked good. Anxious to see what some more weight would look like and play with placement. He mentioned he will try it more next time out. I'm hoping we can meet up on Mitchell so I can see it in person and maybe help with ballast placement and human ballast since I am good as a extra lead bag :D. I have an extra bag if needed too.

str8jkn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

str8jkn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

str8jkn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haknslash. The videos are up. Let me know if they aren’t visible. Yeah we need to get together and dial this wave in. It’s rideable for sure but I’m sure some tweaking will make it longer and steeper. Where do you put in at Mitchell? We put in at the campground but it was super busy due to a fishing tournament. If there’s a better place I’d like to know.

-JA

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash. The videos are up. Let me know if they aren’t visible. Yeah we need to get together and dial this wave in. It’s rideable for sure but I’m sure some tweaking will make it longer and steeper. Where do you put in at Mitchell? We put in at the campground but it was super busy due to a fishing tournament. If there’s a better place I’d like to know.

-JA
Yea I can see the vids and thanks for posting them. I put in at the same place (Higgins Ferry). It's the best launch to use on the lake as the others are sketchy to use. This time of year there will be fishing tournaments on Lay and Mitchell. It's best to get there after morning when they all roll out and then not come in until after the weigh-in is over or come in well before the weigh-in's (sometimes they have multiple). I'm usually found on the middle to southern ends of the lake. It's cleaner on those portions of the lake as it's away from Lay dam and any turbines running. @DBamaC and I like to tie up back near Weogufka. That is where a lot of the wakeboarders (some are professional) and surfers go as it is off the main channel hidden in a nice quiet long stretch perfect for water sports. Just be sure not to hug the shore too close across from the sunken tree there (usually has a marker or cone on it) as there is a metal rail sitting just above the water line that the wakeboarders use to do grinds and tricks off of. If it has been raining heavy the week before be aware that area can have floating logs. Another good spot for surfing is down by Big Y area just before the Mitchell dam on the southern most tip of the lake. Nice and deep there and it's also a good place to anchor.

We can for sure meet up and dial in your setup. I lengthen my wave by not putting a bag on the rear swim deck. I really wished there was a bag that sat a little on the swim deck but also went up and over the head rest and down onto the rear seats. Kind of like the same area you'd see a rear locker on a wake boat. I've found on my boat that when I put both bags on the rear seats and not one bag on the rear seat with the other on the swim deck that my wave wasn't as steep but it was further back because the ass end wasn't digging in as much but still plenty of weight to displace water in order to shape the wave. Did not get a chance to ride the wave as it was winter and I was out solo in the boat testing ballast configurations.

Attachments

Last edited:

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a190 fsh I put the bag rt behind my seat about 6 '' in front of the swimdeck works good and don't have to tie it up the little transom wall holds it in place.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So is it worth buying?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here are some pics from the last time out. We put inland curls wakeshaper opposite side of the surfer on hull about halfway between the side and the bottom of the V. There was about 800 lbs of ballast on stern biased to surf side. It was easily rideable without the rope. We were getting long ropeless rides (up to 5 minuets). We have the Yamaha AR192. There is capacity to add more weight so next time out we are going to play around with that
View attachment 73838 View attachment 73837 View attachment 73836
You are an amazing surfer, aren't you!
It is not often I would see a regular surfer on a goofy side...
How is it? You make it look easy, lol.

--

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can you show where you're putting the Wake wedge on the boat haul on the trailer