• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone seen this wake shaper yet?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I didn't get to try surfing behind mine when I borrowed the extra ballast. The wave looked nice but I was out alone during the winter. With a single 750 lb bag I wasn't able to go ropeless as you really need more weight on these boats and a bit of list.
Any thoughts on new bag that goes on the back, that’s is now available for the bigger boats and a full bag in the rear storage? This would be ideal as no bags would be taking up space inside the boat.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any thoughts on new bag that goes on the back, that’s is now available for the bigger boats and a full bag in the rear storage? This would be ideal as no bags would be taking up space inside the boat.
That is what I would do. @jcyamaharider uses 750lbs on the swim platform of a single, so the new bag would be plenty. Ropeless all day long.
If your boat is 190 and you find it struggling with a big load, good OEM impeller and the L13 cone should cure it.

Here are some links to how Saintlunatics do it, lol (surfing 190?)

Not close to the boat at all. Here I am behind Jaybro72 sx190. 750 bag on the surf side seat, 2 people on boat.

We put ballast in a sx190, 750 lbs on the rear cabin surf side seat, and had a good ropeless wake on that boat. Worth a shot.
@ArthurH Here are some pics.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 750 was actually on the port cabin seat with @ar240owner sitting on top of it........ But close enough

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think that swim deck bag is awesome! I'm not sure if the swim deck dimensions on the 21' and 24' boats compared to the 19' boats but I know there's is a little larger. Once that bag is filled it might be a hair too long and overhang on a 19' swim deck but then again it may fit OK without drooping off the back. I would love to see one on a 19'!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What I've learned so far is that the board really does make a huge difference if you're going to get ropeless or not. Of course skill plays the bigger role in finding and maintaining the surfable pocket but the board really does play a huge role. I bought a Liquid Force Fish 5'6" board but it does not have near the same surface area and buoyancy as other boards I've tried. Both of the CWB boards I've ridden offered far more ability to stay on top of the water but not as fast as my LF is. Really was close to going ropeless on Bill's boat last time we were out before he had the engine no-start on his 242 asnd that was on his CWB Bentley (I think or maybe it was his newer one). Those boards are more of a hybrid than my surf style Fish.

My boat with just 750 lbs makes a nice looking wave but on the LF Fish it wasn't enough for my 230# ass to go ropeless. Bill had slack in the rope. The pocket is kind of short with this weight though. 750 lbs ballast + 2 humans in boat (approx 360 lbs).

I would have loved to try my boat when I had the ~1400 lbs of ballast on the boat as it looked much better.

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I think that swim deck bag is awesome! I'm not sure if the swim deck dimensions on the 21' and 24' boats compared to the 19' boats but I know there's is a little larger. Once that bag is filled it might be a hair too long and overhang on a 19' swim deck but then again it may fit OK without drooping off the back. I would love to see one on a 19'!
Maybe they should make a 19’ specific one. :D:D:D

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It may need one. I tried to find the aerial drone photo @blacksapphirez took of our boats side by side but you can tell the swim platform isn't as long. Not sure how much longer. With our ladder being offset I would hate to have some of that bag hang over and get a hole in it from the ladder. I really like the fact it has handles but more importantly isn't in the path of walk way into the cockpit.

ROTD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It may need one. I tried to find the aerial drone photo @blacksapphirez took of our boats side by side but you can tell the swim platform isn't as long. Not sure how much longer. With our ladder being offset I would hate to have some of that bag hang over and get a hole in it from the ladder. I really like the fact it has handles but more importantly isn't in the path of walk way into the cockpit.
@haknslash I believe this is the image you were looking for:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Found it. The upper swim deck looks close in size but the lower deck is a bit different. Those were both 24' boats next to mine so I assume the 21' boat swim platform is somewhere in between.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup @ROTD that's the one. We posted as the tame time :D

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You guys get me some dimensions and a test dummy and we can do it!! I have became a dealer for fat sac here recently!!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'll measure for you tonight if nobody else has by then.
My boat is still in storage as I’m waiting for some rain to get the salt off the roads.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Took some pics for you with measuring tape and I posted them in the custom bag thread.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I hope I am not hijacking the thread, but wanted to know what the minimum/easiest setup would be to be able to wake surf behind my 242 LS e-series? It's not something I would be able to do a ton, but I would love a quick and dirty setup if anyone has suggestions.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@fraserjr About 2,000+ lbs of ballast and a Gantlin Wake Wedge https://jetboaters.net/threads/thick-fat-lip-on-a-242-limited-s.14081/. Cheaper and slowest method to fill is ballast bags on the cushions and swim deck filling with a pump you throw over the side. More expensive and faster time to fill would be plumbing in dedicated pumps and bags in the storage compartments and on the boat. Both will require a wake wedge to deflect the thrust.

Last edited:

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So how about the wake shaper does it work has anybody found out about this new one or what totally not talking about the topic anymore now it's turned into a ballast thread.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Van T Has anyone seen this wake shaper yet?

The reason ballast was originally brought up was because it looked like the guy who bought the surf device to test out didn't place his device correctly with how he weighted the boat with ballast.

Last edited:

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Someone just buy one and test it there's plenty of Ballers on this form I know there's probably some people have spent over $1,000 on 12 different designs trying to make their own

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would guess most people want to see results before spending that kind of money. I don't blame them as these boats are a different breed for making a wave and lots of things have been tried before and not amounted to much for wave shaping. I don't think anyone on here has spent +$1k trying to make surf devices lol. Just buy one and see if you like it. Me personally I'm going to wait until I see what it actually does or doesn't do.

Last edited: