• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Have you ever banned a friend from your boat?

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've never had to ban anyone. I think I'd only do it for safety reasons. Big pet peeve though is people being late.

As far as red wine, we drink a lot of it at home and on the boat. Oxyclean makes red wine stains disappear. It's the only thing I've found that Oxyclean actually works on.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
, I'
I just about banned my sister and her family this past weekend. They joined us on our boat for the first time ever. I lauched the boat and told them to wait before boarding. I went to the stern and opened the engine hatch. I turned around and they were climbing in wearing their shoes standing on the bow cushions. While I was very annoyed, it was nothing until I noticed they had all stepped in the geese droppings on the dock. Goose crap all over the seat.

The conversation went something like this...

Me- what the hell!?
Sister - what?
Me- I told you to wait!
Sister - why?
Me- your shoes are on!
Sister- so?
Me- there is bird shit on you shoes and now all over the seats!!!
Sister- (sarcastic) sorry
Me- give me the keys to your Cayenne and see how you like it on your seats!
Me- you had to step in the seats?
Sister-how else do we get in?
Me-again!!! Wait!!! Christ!!!
upload_2017-6-15_16-13-12.jpeg this sticker resides between the swim deck and seating area of my boat ...not enforced, just to make folks aware
https://www.amazon.com/ProSticker-1525-Boating-Decals-Sticker/dp/B00LV8OCTK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497557565&sr=8-1&keywords=naked+feet+only

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I know I have people new to boating, I try to explain the basics before boarding. Most people are just unaware of the practicalities and etiquette, but are willing to comply when told.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah, I have found for the most part that telling someone once about how easily the seats or carpets can stain, and I also mention about stepping on the seats as they can break easily if you step between supports. Then when I say ok step here, they are reluctant even because I have told them not to before. I remind them it is ok if I say to do it and show them where to step. I don't care if they have shoes on if they haven't been walking on hot asphalt or other crap, but most shoes are dangerous on gelcoat, but then again, so are bare feet. I actually put a decorative splotch of hydroturf between the bow seats and windshield just for that purpose on the 230. I had my sister in law just about break her neck stepping there once and once was enough. I just never had anyone show me any discourtesy to any degree. I worried more about their safety than their damage.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I could see this happening with my sister-in-law....except there would be screaming lots of cursing and her being kicked into the water....I'm glad we live across the country from her. Just to give a small example of the person she is, she told my pregnant wife (her sister) "I hope that baby chokes on the umbilical cord". If her boyfriend and Dad weren't already holding her by the throat and throwing her out the front door I probably would have killed her.
That's so wrong...

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a plank, a few have walked to the briny deep. Arrrrrgggh. It be rum says I, not red wine.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wow...this thread has really taken on a life of its own...LOL

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My father in law is banned from my boat and he has never even seen it (outside of Facebook pictures). He made a big stink a few years ago about a fishing boat captain and all his "rules" and how he would do what ever he wants on anyone's boat and not care. I told him right there not to expect an invitation on my boat until he fixed that attitude.